1967 Deluxe Door Panels Black - Vintage Mustang Forums
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 100
1967 Deluxe Door Panels Black

Looking for a set black 1967 deluxe door panels in good to excellent condition to finish off my restoration. I don't need the trim (stainless or aluminum) just the vinyl with the backing. I've tried some of the reproductions but frankly each has issues I'm not ready to accept.

All leads GREATLY appreciated - thanks.
nmb67fb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 05:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Ma.
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmb67fb View Post
Looking for a set black 1967 deluxe door panels in good to excellent condition to finish off my restoration. I don't need the trim (stainless or aluminum) just the vinyl with the backing. I've tried some of the reproductions but frankly each has issues I'm not ready to accept.

All leads GREATLY appreciated - thanks.

I have a set of panels I got in 2006 they are restored by just dashes.. I think these are not originals but are first class reproductions everything looks brand new
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1017.jpg (88.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1018.jpg (98.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1019.jpg (74.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1020.jpg (62.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1021.JPG (66.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1023.jpg (120.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1025.jpg (109.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1024.jpg (86.4 KB, 4 views)
9F02R100011 is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9F02R100011 View Post
I have a set of panels I got in 2006 they are restored by just dashes.. I think these are not originals but are first class reproductions everything looks brand new
Thanks for posting.

At this point I've had sets from 3 different vendors, one of them being Dashes Direct. I figure if I'm going to go through the trouble I'd really like to find a set of originals. I'd say no, these don't look like originals to me but then I wouldn't know what a DD restored set would look like.

Tell me, these look different from the DD set I have, do the padding areas feel spongy or hard?

Thanks -
nmb67fb is offline  
 
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 11:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Ma.
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmb67fb View Post
Thanks for posting.

At this point I've had sets from 3 different vendors, one of them being Dashes Direct. I figure if I'm going to go through the trouble I'd really like to find a set of originals. I'd say no, these don't look like originals to me but then I wouldn't know what a DD restored set would look like.

Tell me, these look different from the DD set I have, do the padding areas feel spongy or hard?

Thanks -
I have to use the word FIRM to the touch Seam to be Quality Vinyl Not plastic
It appears DD reproduced their own panels Licensed by FORD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1023.jpg (120.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1024.jpg (86.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by 9F02R100011; 01-07-2019 at 11:23 AM.
9F02R100011 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome