Today's word is INCOMPETENT. - Page 26 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 705Likes

post #376 of 933 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969sag View Post
Being in a rush, might have gotten me in trouble in the first place. Lesson learned.
Wait till spring. Stop trying to force something to happen in your time frame. It didn't work!
Kinda reminds my of a guy trying to get a motor built in a hurry this spring. That didn't go well either!

65 C Code hardtop from California still wearing it's original paint.
Roller 331, TW 170 heads, T-5z, FiTech EFI, FPA Headers, Arvinode exhaust, SoT Bilstien coilover front suspension, TJ on eBay 8" 3.40 Trac-Loc 3rd member. Mustang Steve 2008 GT bracketed 12.4" front disks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #377 of 933 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 07:53 PM

gofundme is very poor taste IMO. IMO that site is for people in real need, building a garage with a gofundme page is a handout IMO even if you got screwed by your contractor
SC Stangger likes this.

2015 Audi RS7 (black metallic)
2015 Porsche 991 Turbo S (agate grey)
2000 MV Agusta F4 750S
1996 Porsche 993 Turbo (guards red)
1970 Challenger (B5 blue)
1968 Porsche 911 (in shop, deciding color)
1967 Vette Stingray (elkhart blue)
1966 GTO (light blue)
1966 Fastback (gloss black)
post #378 of 933 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Update.
I spoke with a contractor today. This person came out a few days ago to see the property. This contractor has worked on several jobs like mine, repairing what other people have done.
He was the first contractor to mention that I really should try to contact my insurance agent. He has seen insurance companies cover similar things. He said some insurance companies will cover damage to your property that was CAUSED by a contractor.
What the heck do I have to loose. He also recommended waiting until spring. More than likely it will be May before it would be good to start the new foundation.
I would need that time to make, and save some money anyway. All the money I did have saved for lumber is now going towards the foundation repair. So I have to resupply the lumber fund. Looks like I have 6 months to make that happen.
I will call my insurance company tomorrow.
Cross your fingers for me. I need some good luck.
TheMaineEvent likes this.

Joe in Detroit
1969 Mustang Sports Roof (SAG = Sports Appearance Group) 1 of only 5,729
1966 Ranchero Custom 1 of only 11,000 made. (For Sale)
2014 Mustang V6 premium pony package
1969 Mustang Grande (sold)

Personal Quote from 5-1-15. ''DRIVE IT LIKE YOU HAVE TO POOP!"

"It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down
I had the radio on, I was drivin'
Trees flew by, me and Del were singin' little Runaway
I was flyin'"
Tom Petty, Runnin Down A Dream.

post #379 of 933 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 12:18 AM

Location: I bounce between The Texas Hill Country & far North Idaho
So is your "easy" lawsuit out the window or still progressing?
post #380 of 933 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxhead View Post
So is your "easy" lawsuit out the window or still progressing?

Hey his easy lawsuit should be easy to win if he pays a lawyer thousands, and then he will be entitled to get those fees back. Then all he has to do is collect (:

Anyhow I am curious to see what the insurance says. I have seen some cool deals before, but what if they cancel the policy until the project is complete? Then the mortgage company could make an issue of the situation. It seems there is more to lose than you realize. If you do make a claim and even if it is denied they still count that against you as a claim and it counts as a risk factor used to determining you future rates and or renewal eligibility.

I wouldn't go running to the insurance company to tell them about a defective without some thinking first. I might call and ask if they cover construction defects though?
Israel likes this.

Last edited by toad; 12-06-2016 at 02:42 AM.
post #381 of 933 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 08:58 AM

Christ what's he supposed to do then? Just roll over and accept a $5000 loss IN ADDITION to the $$$$ required to remove it? It's easy to scoff if you're pulling a 6 figure salary and paying out money like this is just an inconvenience. But when you're a self-professed lower middle class as Joe is, you have to work and save up your money for a long goddamn time to do this and this kind of a loss is devastating and it's not right.

What's the point of paying thousands in home insurance each year if you can't even use it?

Joe have you talked to the State AG yet? Seriously, if you haven't done that, do that FIRST. He's there to work for you and you've been paying his salary. My dad used the Iowa AG...long story short had some strange and scary stuff going on with my sister's cell phone line on our family plan. We'd get calls from her number of somebody breathing heavy. US Cellular said it wasn't possible to happen, accused us of lying about it, couldn't fix it, wouldn't let us out of our contract. It was to the point where my mom gave the phone to our sheriff in town so he could be an alibi. My dad called the AG and mysteriously the next day the company let us out of our contract.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

67 coupe with 5.0 and C4 (Viper GTS Blue, paint code PBE, since everybody asks)
69 Mach 1 428 SCJ drag pack
post #382 of 933 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 09:08 AM

court is a joke in this case, lawyer fees and work missed and you are upside down over $5k. even if you win getting the money paid back never happens. insurance claim is a bust to, by the time you pay your deductible and how your insurance rates may change you have to ask yourself is it worth it, IMO its not

2015 Audi RS7 (black metallic)
2015 Porsche 991 Turbo S (agate grey)
2000 MV Agusta F4 750S
1996 Porsche 993 Turbo (guards red)
1970 Challenger (B5 blue)
1968 Porsche 911 (in shop, deciding color)
1967 Vette Stingray (elkhart blue)
1966 GTO (light blue)
1966 Fastback (gloss black)
post #383 of 933 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 10:16 AM

You need to get the contractor's insurance to pay for it, perhaps that's who your lawyer should be addressing. Speaking from experience as a small business owner, if someone doesn't want to pay, and they don't have a pot to piss in, you are wasting your time and money. We used to take people to small claims all the time, the judge would order them to pay, they would say they will and they didn't. You can go back to court and go in circles for ever, the system is a joke. It's frustrating, infuriating and sad all at the same time! On the other hand, their insurance company does have money, and.... if the law rules in your favor they will pay.
post #384 of 933 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Update.
Things are going slow. I hate this slow pace as much as anyone.
It doesn't look like my Insurance will help me. I hate this Insurance company anyway. THEY FNG SUCK.
I will fire them, when I am done building my garage.
It is important that I carefully plan my next move. I want to be able to collect damages if I can. I can't go all scorched earth, and expect to get any compensation.
In the meantime. I am still moving forward, and getting contractor quotes. This last contractor really wants to help. He is giving me good advise, and I am taking notes. These folks seem like really good people. I have researched them. They are licensed, insured, and bonded. They are well known and will back up all the work they do with a warranty. They pull the permits. They have great reviews, and have an excellent reputation.
I am not saying I am going to hire them.
I am also working my A$$ off to get the funds to move forward. Anyone want to buy a guitar? SEE my other post.

If I do not respond to certain posts. It is because I have NO time for negativity. I have NO time for arguments. I have NO time for people that want to tear me down. This situation is shI!!y enough, I don't need more crap.
I am just an average guy. I am in a bad situation at this time, and I am trying my best to get through it, the best I know how.
I am just taking it day by day. It is all I can do.

Joe in Detroit

I was flyin'"
post #385 of 933 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

What did you wind up doing for a lawyer?

Ex-wife,....."You drove how far for that thing?"
Daughter,..."Theres no inside and it stinks."
Friend,......."Dude, thatís a rusted pile."
Son,.........."This old car is cool."

USMC Security Forces, Kamiseya Japan, 0311

Build Thread: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...sted-pile.html
post #386 of 933 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post
What did you wind up doing for a lawyer?
Nothing just yet. Nothing more than the letter has been done YET.
See the next post.
Israel likes this.
post #387 of 933 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

I spoke with my Insurance company today. Basically they told me I was S.O.L. and that I should contact the contractors insurance company.
I figured. What the He!!. I called the people that made the mess and left a message with their secretary, that I needed their Insurance companies name and their policy number.
Well, that kind of poked the hornets nest, but who cares. Sometimes you got to poke the nest to kill all the hornets. LOL.
I was Amazed when the Z called me back.

Well I got to arguing with him for a while. Who's Fault is who's, and who is responsible, yada, yada, yada, BS.
He refused to give me his insurance info. He claimed he was licensed, but he refused to give me his contractors license. (I think, BY LAW you have to give that info out if someone asks you). He refused. He told me my lawyer can contact him or his lawyer for that info. I asked for his lawyers phone # and he wouldn't give it to me. He said my lawyer and his lawyer can handle it, then he said the insurance company can deal with it. He argued that he didn't need to be licensed, because I pulled the permit.
HE IS VERY WRONG ABOUT THAT.
What ever dude.
I asked if he had received the letter that was sent to him. He said NO. I don't believe him though.
He said he was waiting for me to contact him to resolve this situation. I CALL B.S. Because. He went on to say he wants to help me out by offering to tear out all the concrete in the spring, and refunding a portion of my money.
WHAT?
I told Z to put it in writing and I will look at it.
So, I guess I will talk to some more lawyers, and more contractors.
The reason I don't go all scorched earth just yet. LEVERAGE.
Israel likes this.

Joe in Detroit

I was flyin'"
post #388 of 933 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

If you are interested in purchasing a guitar, or know someone that might be. Just go to my Reverb Shop.
Here is how.
Go to www.reverb.com.
In the top center of the screen there will be a search field. Hit the arrow to the left to select shops.
Then type in Joe's Boutique.
This will show all the shops with this same name.
Select, and click on the one in Roseville, Michigan.
Then you just click on see all listings.
Select, and click on the item you might be interested in, and the complete detailed listing will come up.
I have 5 things for sale now.
Thanks everyone.
Joe
Lawnjockey likes this.

Joe in Detroit

I was flyin'"

Last edited by 1969sag; 12-06-2016 at 07:34 PM.
post #389 of 933 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 07:53 PM

Garage
For future reference when you or your lawyer send a letter to someone it should be sent by registered mail or what ever carrier you want to use so that they have to sign for it. This way there is none of this I didn't get it garbage. I hope you get this all sorted it out to your satisfaction as no one should have to deal with this, ever. Good luck.

US NAVY VET - 65 Custom Fastback GT-A-code. FiTech EFI w/Tanks Inc. w/Aero 340 LPH pump, TCP Power R&P; Full front coil over conversion w/1" Shelby drop; TMI Sport R custom interior; T5z TKO, Speed Hut custom speedo; Autometer Phantom gauges; SSBC Force 10 -13" disc brakes w/10.5" rear disc brakes; 24" Griffin Radiator w/twin 11" 2800 CFM fans; Classic Auto Air AC; Truck-Lite 7" LED headlights; Mustang Project Shelby LED sequential taillights. 2001 Bullitt rims w/Nitto NT555 235x45x17 tires.

post #390 of 933 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
For future reference when you or your lawyer send a letter to someone it should be sent by registered mail or what ever carrier you want to use so that they have to sign for it. This way there is none of this I didn't get it garbage. I hope you get this all sorted it out to your satisfaction as no one should have to deal with this, ever. Good luck.
SAG,
I'm assuming that the lawyer did this? This is lawyering 101.

Ex-wife,....."You drove how far for that thing?"
Daughter,..."Theres no inside and it stinks."
Friend,......."Dude, thatís a rusted pile."
Son,.........."This old car is cool."

USMC Security Forces, Kamiseya Japan, 0311

Build Thread: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...sted-pile.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page