Today's word is INCOMPETENT. - Page 50 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 558Likes

post #736 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickstapler View Post
By now you could have pulled the plug, moved South, built a mansion house and a double mansion garage ...for the time you have wasted with this train wreck.
The "South" isn't for everybody. Throw in family obligations and such and the fact that Michigan is a beautiful state. 98% of it anyway.

65 C Code hardtop from California still wearing it's original paint.
Roller 331, TW 170 heads, T-5z, FiTech EFI, FPA Headers, Arvinode exhaust, SoT Bilstien coilover front suspension, TJ on eBay 8" 3.40 Trac-Loc 3rd member. Mustang Steve 2008 GT bracketed 12.4" front disks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #737 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 10:21 PM
Just some guy
Supporting Member

Garage
Pretty sure I recall 1969sag stating some time back some of his reasons why he lives where he does and why he plans to continue to do so. None of which are really relevant to the core topic of this thread if you think about it. Nor really any of our business or anything he has to justify.

Besides, you get on a rollercoaster, you don't get off until it comes to a full stop.
TheMaineEvent likes this.

.... it wouldn't be the first time reality took theory and conjecture out behind the woodshed and gave them a good thrashing.
I have some cars. With a long list of parts on them that if anyone was interested in, they'd ask.
post #738 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 10:57 AM

wow that was a long read pic's at the start didn't work for me started working around page 20. I hope this all works out for you and you get your shop

Independence Mo

post #739 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bosssvt View Post
I'm exhausted....don't know how you are dealing with this...
I've built two pole barns, a 14'x42'' addition to my existing garage, finished the upstairs of my detached garage into an apartment for my step daughter, and remodeled the interior of my house since you started this nightmare....whew...

I finished the exterior of my house and my 30x50 shop should be starting in 4-6 weeks

2011 Mustang 3.7L Premium Pony Package
2015 Silverado 5.3L 2LT DC Z71
1965 Mustang C Code Coupe 289/T5/3.25
1967 Chevrolet C10 350/700R/3.73
1968 Pontiac Firebird 400
post #740 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Update!
Yesterday. I meet with Keith the new contractor. He inspected the job site, left me updated and detailed quotes, and we discussed all the details of the foundation work to be done.
He has applied for all the necessary permits. He has discussed this project with the city building inspector.
This time it will be done right. He said if the permits get approved he can start work this week. It will take 2-3 weeks or shorter, depending on weather.
My lawyer has agreed to extend our next court date a few weeks. We will monitor their progress closely. If they default on any part of the settlement my lawyer will get them.
Just a reminder. I am not paying this bill. The new foundation is being paid for by the prior idiots.
The new foundation will be a spread footing poured, and block wall, grouted and water proofed. The inner slab, and outer 20' X 25' apron will be 6" inches thick and have reinforced steel wire mesh.

I am only paying for a few additional things to be done that were not on the original contract or part of repairing the area. I have decided to run water and sewer lines to the garage for future use.

Maybe I will get the garage built this year.

Joe in Detroit
1969 Mustang Sports Roof (SAG = Sports Appearance Group) 1 of only 5,729
1966 Ranchero Custom 1 of only 11,000 made. (For Sale)
2014 Mustang V6 premium pony package
1969 Mustang Grande (sold)

Personal Quote from 5-1-15. ''DRIVE IT LIKE YOU HAVE TO POOP!"

"It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down
I had the radio on, I was drivin'
Trees flew by, me and Del were singin' little Runaway
I was flyin'"
Tom Petty, Runnin Down A Dream.
post #741 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:38 PM

"Maybe I will get the garage built this year"
I certainly hope so, and when you do it will be party time!
post #742 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:38 PM

The foundation is the biggest PIA. The actual structure and getting it closed in will only take weeks if it's timed out correctly. 4 walls, premade trusses, roof, sheeting/siding.

A friend just had a 30x40 metal pole building built... 4 days! Done. First day was the poles and structure. Day 2 was finish structure and roof structure. Day 3 and 4 was all the metal work.

It's about time! Can't wait to see pics of it!

2011 Mustang 3.7L Premium Pony Package
2015 Silverado 5.3L 2LT DC Z71
1965 Mustang C Code Coupe 289/T5/3.25
1967 Chevrolet C10 350/700R/3.73
1968 Pontiac Firebird 400
post #743 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969sag View Post
Update!
Yesterday. I meet with Keith the new contractor. He inspected the job site, left me updated and detailed quotes, and we discussed all the details of the foundation work to be done.
He has applied for all the necessary permits. He has discussed this project with the city building inspector.
This time it will be done right. He said if the permits get approved he can start work this week. It will take 2-3 weeks or shorter, depending on weather.
My lawyer has agreed to extend our next court date a few weeks. We will monitor their progress closely. If they default on any part of the settlement my lawyer will get them.
Just a reminder. I am not paying this bill. The new foundation is being paid for by the prior idiots.
The new foundation will be a spread footing poured, and block wall, grouted and water proofed. The inner slab, and outer 20' X 25' apron will be 6" inches thick and have reinforced steel wire mesh.

I am only paying for a few additional things to be done that were not on the original contract or part of repairing the area. I have decided to run water and sewer lines to the garage for future use.

Maybe I will get the garage built this year.
just a tip if you know approximately where you are going to install a lift go out and buy #4 bars @ 12" oc ew to place in that 12x12 or so zone of the slab where the lift will be mounted, it wont cost that much, if its a 4 post lift then your area might be larger but not that much. it's cheap strength to add yourself. buy the bar chairs and get the bars centered in your slab, or you can make the chairs with sacrete, dixie cups and rebar tie wire just cast the doubled wire in the cup 3" tall then after it cures cut the cup away and you have two wires sticking out to tie to you bars.
post #744 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

I talked to the new contractor today.
Despite the constant rain this past week. He feels the ground should be dry enough to start on Friday. We will see.

On that note. Can someone tell me how to attach pictures. I forgot and do not use PhotoB anymore. I have an IMGBB account.
Thanks.

Joe in Detroit
1969 Mustang Sports Roof (SAG = Sports Appearance Group) 1 of only 5,729
1966 Ranchero Custom 1 of only 11,000 made. (For Sale)
2014 Mustang V6 premium pony package
1969 Mustang Grande (sold)

Personal Quote from 5-1-15. ''DRIVE IT LIKE YOU HAVE TO POOP!"

"It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down
I had the radio on, I was drivin'
Trees flew by, me and Del were singin' little Runaway
I was flyin'"
Tom Petty, Runnin Down A Dream.
post #745 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 08:25 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Do you seriously think he is going to show on a FRIDAY to start?

Regards,
Patrick
post #746 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969sag View Post
I talked to the new contractor today.
Despite the constant rain this past week. He feels the ground should be dry enough to start on Friday. We will see.

On that note. Can someone tell me how to attach pictures. I forgot and do not use PhotoB anymore. I have an IMGBB account.
Thanks.
Get a postimage account https://postimages.org

It works great for storing your pics and makes it easy to post them.
mikec35 likes this.

Flade
68 289 convertible Candy-apple red & white
66 200 coupe Blue
94 GT convertible Red & black
98 GT convertible White & black
98 V6 convertible White & tan

post #747 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 09:54 PM

I really, really, no, really don't want to pile on here, but a contractor starting a job on Friday will be a first. I continue to wish you well and honestly hope this contractor does as he/she says they will do, but I'm thinking if they start on a Friday, I wouldn't expect to see much done. If they are young and "gung-ho", maybe, but that presents other problems also. Most Companies I see (and people, because they make the Company) are usually trying to finish the job/sliding into the weekend on Fridays.

Good luck...

Allen

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread

My go fast build thread: Go Fast Build Thread
post #748 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:13 PM
Just some guy
Supporting Member

Garage
MANY a time I have "started" a job on a Friday. Starting might involve putting up a job/permit board. Marking a bunch of stuff. Getting some equipment on site. Basically doing everything you can to have the site ready for when the lower paid labor piles in on Monday. The idea being to get the whole place to where the only thing lacking is warm bodies. Thus giving the foreman/supervisor/crew leader a head start on the nullifying at least most of the excuses for why the warm bodies couldn't start actually doing something productive. Those of you who have run a crew of people doing about anything are probably saying "Oh yeah!" while those who have not might not get this.
Though I'm no longer in construction I still do this to some extent in the shop at work. On Fridays and every day.
SC Stangger likes this.
post #749 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
MANY a time I have "started" a job on a Friday. Starting might involve putting up a job/permit board. Marking a bunch of stuff. Getting some equipment on site. Basically doing everything you can to have the site ready for when the lower paid labor piles in on Monday. The idea being to get the whole place to where the only thing lacking is warm bodies. Thus giving the foreman/supervisor/crew leader a head start on the nullifying at least most of the excuses for why the warm bodies couldn't start actually doing something productive. Those of you who have run a crew of people doing about anything are probably saying "Oh yeah!" while those who have not might not get this.
Though I'm no longer in construction I still do this to some extent in the shop at work. On Fridays and every day.
Congrats, you're an anomaly...If you think this man is expecting a board to be put up on his job site on Friday, maybe you should read the thread...

Allen

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread

My go fast build thread: Go Fast Build Thread

Last edited by Turnall; 05-28-2019 at 10:34 PM.
post #750 of 837 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:05 PM
Just some guy
Supporting Member

Garage
I don't FEEL like an anomaly. But come to think of it, my mother did once say...ahem, anyway... I've worked for a couple of companies where such planning ahead was the norm. Construction in particular. Though come to think of it, I've managed to avoid working for too many crapbag companies so my view might indeed be skewed.

As for what we should expect on Friday....well, we can always hope. Even though I've read every word of this thread I can. Sag's had more than his share of real world negativity dumped on him already so I try only to add positive input here. (Trying REAL hard to lead by example here.)
68Hildago likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page