How do you do it? Traffic! - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 25Likes

post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 07:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_H View Post
My strategy is to live a mile away from work and drive Jane as much as possible. Less inclined to be angry when driving an already-angry car... and much much much less inclined to be angry when my 7 minute commute is "delayed" to 10 minute drive.
Same here. I live south of San Francisco where traffic is gridlocked every morning, begins to ooze around lunchtime, and stops again around 3 pm until around 8 pm. I made a conscious decision to pay more rent and live close to work because it's worth it to not waste my time, money, and life expectancy sitting in traffic. So I ride my bicycle two miles to work. Sure feels good to pedal past all those frustrated suckers sitting in their single-occupant SUVs getting fat and burning fuel while I'm cruising along for free, enjoying the outdoors, getting exercise, saving time and not destroying the planet. Then on the weekends I can take out one of the Mustangs and undo all the good I've done

That said, on those rare occasions when I can't avoid sitting in traffic I really can't handle it. I don't have that zen mentality as accessible as those you you who do it regularly.
gwstang and romayo like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 07:33 AM

Living in the city would take far more years off my life than traffic does, so I live closer to Oklahoma than I do to the Addison airport, where I work out of. I can’t live in the cookie cutter, stacked on top of each other houses they build in the city, so I just deal with the traffic. It’s like anything else, you just get used to it.
gwstang likes this.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsroof69 View Post
Living in the city would take far more years off my life than traffic does, so I live closer to Oklahoma than I do to the Addison airport, where I work out of. I canít live in the cookie cutter, stacked on top of each other houses they build in the city, so I just deal with the traffic. Itís like anything else, you just get used to it.
I have never understood how someone would pay 250K and up to live in a house that is set sort of corner to corner like a fan pattern spread out. You could literally reach out one corner window and just about touch the other house corner. I go toward Atlanta to visit my mother and those houses in some areas are way way up there in $$$ and you could not fart in one house without the next door hearing it. Forget about having a vintage car and working on it or anything...Just damn!

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 11:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 Pony View Post
I thought Atlanta took forever to drive though, until I drove through Chicago to get to the start of the 2015 Power Tour in WI. We slowed to a stop a couple times, but moved along at 25-30+ most of the time, but what blew my mind is that the city never seemed to end, it just went on and on and on. Houston was Ginormous as well.
I never drive thru Chicago, I barely want to drive TO Chicago (I take the train when possible and avoid the last 20 miles of driving). Even going around Chicago is a major pain at the wrong times. But it's better than San Fran.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 11:57 AM

Garage
So glad that I live 5 miles from work and half the drive is thru cornfields (or soybeans). And that's in a city of 150,000.
gwstang likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page