I frigg'n hate getting old - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 55Likes

post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macstang View Post
I hope I live long enough to get old but I have 2 stipulations. First, I have to still have my mind and secondly, I have to still be able to get around and do stuff.
Totally, agree, but I require a third element and have a fourth "want " that is not necessarily a requirement: Memory, Ambulation and Continence are totally taken for-granted till they are gone. Personally I would like to be able to keep push a clutch for bonus points.

Cheers

M
gwstang, Huntingky and 2nd 66 like this.

Heavy Metal Thunder Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3L_O7N_xs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Personally, I don't think its either the dems or republications that are destroying life in America as it could be, and once was, I think its the compulsively rich (who run both parties) that are creating the situation the liberals are reacting to. There's just not enough left to go around any more...

Finally, I am still hanging in there in the Aerospace industry - every day its a frantic battle to remain relevant. After all the years, my salary has a big target on it so I know I have to deliver on what they pay me. I would retire today but I go three kids to get through college so I battle on - I just hope I can keep up the pace...

Heavy Metal Thunder Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3L_O7N_xs
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofAMillion+ View Post
OK downright lie then. Did you just say you have more taxes than ever? OK CA folks did loose their instate remittances as deductions but I have a feeling you supported the roost cause of that. So we can laugh about that for the OC R's.
How are you being taxed or your money you already have? Through a deferred annuity type plan with added benefits? So you didnt pay tax on it when you were paid and contributed now fiscal conservatives have reduced the amount you agreed to defer on the fed level and you're mad that your instate tax is used to promote your states free and low cost health care services? But a tax free org. can lie and coerce women?

....anyway yes, it is stated, many times over. If you cant believe that the core of the retarded right does not want to undo every progressive notion or social contract since the New Deal then you are out of the loop.

But ya, it sucks getting old and I have zero sympathy for anymore dotards.
Good Lord. I can't give the fringe much attention, but yes. Tax deferred savings on income.

Matt
Brea, CA

1965 Mustang Coupe 289 a/t Build Thread
1967 Firebird 400 4sp
1967 GTO 400 a/t
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangerbob1 View Post
i got a bunch of friends that never seem to get older.

I go visit them every few years, as they still are on the vietnam wall in washington dc
semper fi
dobrostang and Rebel Racing like this.

Ex-wife,....."You drove how far for that thing?"
Daughter,..."Theres no inside and it stinks."
Friend,......."Dude, thatís a rusted pile."
Son,.........."This old car is cool."

USMC Security Forces, Kamiseya Japan, 0311

Build Thread: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...sted-pile.html
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 07:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrostang View Post
Personally, I don't think its either the dems or republications that are destroying life in America as it could be, and once was, I think its the compulsively rich (who run both parties) that are creating the situation the liberals are reacting to. There's just not enough left to go around any more...

Finally, I am still hanging in there in the Aerospace industry - every day its a frantic battle to remain relevant. After all the years, my salary has a big target on it so I know I have to deliver on what they pay me. I would retire today but I go three kids to get through college so I battle on - I just hope I can keep up the pace...
You kinda lost me with the 1st post but this I can feel you on. At almost 50 turning wrenches isn't getting any easier.

Brad
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 09:00 PM

I will absolutely stay out of the political side of this debate. I've learned my lesson. But one great thing @2nd 66 about turning wrenches that is good is you can't be outsourced. I turn wrenches for a living, and the only division of my industry that saw almost no job losses in 2008 was service. We can not be replaced by more efficient computers or outsourcing to India. Things will break, and I will fix them! I've got to agree with you though. It's getting quite hard on the body. (Mainly my hands.)
Huntingky and 2nd 66 like this.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 09:20 AM

I still turn wrenches as a hobby but as I get older, I've have to make myself put whatever tool I was using back in the tool box otherwise I have a heck of a time remembering where I put it.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadude View Post
I still turn wrenches as a hobby but as I get older, I've have to make myself put whatever tool I was using back in the tool box otherwise I have a heck of a time remembering where I put it.
Oh Heck! I get halfway down to the barn/shop and can't remember WTH I went to get. Turn around and get almost back to the house and then remember the item.
get halfway down etc..........I get in a never ending loop if I don't completely focus all the way down and back.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrote View Post
I will absolutely stay out of the political side of this debate. I've learned my lesson. But one great thing @2nd 66 about turning wrenches that is good is you can't be outsourced. I turn wrenches for a living, and the only division of my industry that saw almost no job losses in 2008 was service. We can not be replaced by more efficient computers or outsourcing to India. Things will break, and I will fix them! I've got to agree with you though. It's getting quite hard on the body. (Mainly my hands.)
That may be true unless you are a Ford tech,in which case they keep cutting the times they pay on stuff !

6r07a143871 --owned since 10/83
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 07:33 AM

I wish I was as old as I was the first time I started feeling old.

1970 Mach 1 M code
1990 5.0 LX Limited Edition

I keep noticing the DOT puts up signs to honor my burnouts. That's nice of them.
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 07:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to NEFaurora
Hey, Even Shelby himself eventually went with a C4 Automatic with a '65-'68 Mustang T-Handle Automatic Shifter in his own 289 Cobra...

)

Tony K.
gwstang likes this.

Tony Kovar
Melbourne, FL (Formerly from Long Island, NY!)

1965 Mustang Convertible 200cid I6, 3spd Manual (Soon to be swapped for a '65 Date Coded C4!)
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Convertible 200cid I6, C4 Auto
2007 Mustang V6 Convertible w/ Pony Package
MCA#70001

Getting Ready for the 2020 Melbourne, FL MCA Nationals!
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 04:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss5Oh View Post
I here you Tony, Obama did not do us working in the defense industry any favors with sequestration. I hung in there till I was 62 1/2, then I found there was no seat for me when the music stopped. We packed up and moved to AZ after getting out of Commifornia. Now I collect SS, a small pension, and a bit more from my investments. Am I rich, no, but like many here I have a Mustang in work in the garage. I don't have to fight traffic everyday anymore nor deal with the politics at work. Do I hurt, yes everyday, but that confirms I am still alive and kicking. In four months I go on Medicare and plan to get my knees fixed which should provide much needed relief. The new procedures for knee replacement are so advanced compared to just 10 or 15 years ago. I am grateful for everyday, pain or no.
Don't get your knees replaced, unless you're ok with a 50/50 chance of the replaced knee being worse than it was before it was replaced. Viscosupplementation, ideally with Hyalgan, is the fix you want. And it's covered by Medicare every 6 months. Regrow the cartilage in the knees, and the knees feel younger again. If you really want to make the knees better, prolotherapy is the next step up from Hyalgan, but not covered by insurance. I'm doing Hyalgan to lots of people that have had one replaced, and don't want to go thru it again, and are quite unhappy that they did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page