Nice save! - Vintage Mustang Forums
 18Likes

post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Nice save!

Fires burning to the north and south if me here in Sacramento. Lots of sad stories coming out.
Ill put this one in the happy column.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-11-11-12-10-22.jpg (244.9 KB, 51 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 02:06 PM

Garage
I had an uncle that lived in Paradise back in the '90s until he passed. Was up there a few times when I was at Chico State.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 11:46 AM

I saw that on facebook today.

Having been in the region 3 times in as many years, there is just "fuel" everywhere. Dry brush, wind... it's actually amazing it doesn't happen more often.

Kudos to them for taking time to help this poor guy out.

2011 Mustang 3.7L Premium Pony Package
2015 Silverado 5.3L 2LT DC Z71
1965 Mustang C Code Coupe 289/T5/3.25
1967 Chevrolet C10 350/700R/3.73
1968 Pontiac Firebird 400

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Yeah. I dont know how people can say that forest management isnt part of the problem.
There are alot of people unaccounted for in the Paradise area around 800 last I heard with death tolls going up every time i hear the news.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 02:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldog View Post
Fires burning to the north and south if me here in Sacramento. Lots of sad stories coming out.
Ill put this one in the happy column.
Apparently SAAC is saying that isn't a real one.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHawkeye View Post

Does it matter? The dude's house is literally on fire in the background. He got to at least save a beloved? car.

The social media bull**** these days is sickening...

Edit: I'm not directing my post at you doc, it's the fact that the SAAC even made a damn comment. WHO THE EFF CARES? THE MAN IS LOSING ALL HIS ****. HE GOT TO SAVE HIS CAR.
Huntingky and IndyFive-O like this.

Last edited by 65 Pony; 11-13-2018 at 05:42 PM.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 05:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 Pony View Post
Does it matter? The dude's house is literally on fire in the background. He got to at least save a beloved? car.

Edit: I'm not directing my post at you doc, it's the fact that the SAAC even made a damn comment. WHO THE EFF CARES? THE MAN IS LOSING ALL HIS ****. HE GOT TO SAVE HIS CAR.
While I have some sympathy for those involved in the wildfires, and was even myself a firefighter at one point, A. This is what insurance is for and B. If you don't want to worry about wildfires potentially setting your house on fire, don't live in an area where they are common or clear cut your property so if one does happen, it won't set your house on fire. C. A house and/or a car can be rebuilt. Sadly a person cannot.
DrHawkeye and BigKoppa like this.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHawkeye View Post
It looks like a "real" sweet Mustang to me!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 09:18 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:

It does to them. I joined SAAC back in the 90’s (no longer a member). You have to be a member to participate in their open track events. Mid-Ohio Raceway Park. Handed my check directly to non other than Rick Kopec...then SAAC president and owner of the famous Essex Wire GT350R (Of which some have doubted its legitimacy). He asked which “one” do I own. To them a number is a car...and they all know the cars and the numbers. I responded, I only own a ‘83 GT. He responded, “Oh...those don’t matter”, and happily accepted my check. It is what it is. I still like to think that most actual Shelby owners are not like him.

Regards,
Patrick
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 11:58 AM
rpm

Quote:

All those oem materials used to build his house in 1985 can be purchased again today, and if he buys aftermarket lumber or paint to rebuild it, no one will care. His Mustang, not so much.

Bob

There are 2 types of people, those who own pickups and those who borrow them.

69 M code Mach 1, 393w AFR 185, AOD trans, 3.50 traction lok N case, 14" 2015 Brembo 4 piston disc, QA1 4 wheel coil covers, Chromo tube susp arms, Triangulated rear arms, Convertible inner rockers & seat riser, 8 point roll bar.

Build Pics http://s782.photobucket.com/user/rob...?sort=3&page=2

Build Thread
http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php...bitch-is-back/
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 02:05 PM

I completely agree! I'm happy the guy saved his car! It's one of the few "nice" things I've seen from all the devastation. I can't believe a group like the SAAC would even comment "it's not a real shelby." Who cares asshat, you're missing the point.

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Unfortunately, some of them consider themselves as an elite group...and financially most owners probably are.

Regards,
Patrick
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 02:58 PM
Just some guy
Supporting Member

Garage
The SAAC comment doesn't surprise me. That's how they think.

As for insurance. I don't care to think about all the things in my house that an insurance check, no matter how large, could replace.

I have to admit being curious if the car actually survived. The picture implies the house and car are in the path of the fire and we see two guys who appear to have pushed it out of the garage. But that's it. Did the house and/or car survive?
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 03:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickstapler View Post
It does to them. I joined SAAC back in the 90’s (no longer a member). You have to be a member to participate in their open track events. Mid-Ohio Raceway Park. Handed my check directly to non other than Rick Kopec...then SAAC president and owner of the famous Essex Wire GT350R (Of which some have doubted its legitimacy). He asked which “one” do I own. To them a number is a car...and they all know the cars and the numbers. I responded, I only own a ‘83 GT. He responded, “Oh...those don’t matter”, and happily accepted my check. It is what it is. I still like to think that most actual Shelby owners are not like him.
Sadly many are just like him. In 2015, I attended the Shelby 50 Anniversary show at the Pomona NHRA Museum. I saw more original Cobras in one day than you could see in a lifetime anywhere else. At the time, I was building a Factory Five Cobra replica and I attempted to start a conversation with one of the owners. As soon as I said I was working on a replica, he basically walked away. That told me alot about people who were fortunate to buy one long ago or amass a large enough fortune to buy one more recently. Some of these guys forget that it is enthusiasts, like me, that keep the mystic in those cars. Just because I was not fortunate enough to have found a way to own a real one takes nothing away from my love of these cars. After a while you have to just realize there are some stuck up jerks out there an move on.

Alan
1970 Mach 1 Coyote powered restomod in progress. Started 10/2016.
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/bu...mod-build.html
2017 Mustang GT AT donor purchased 9/2017.
FFR MK4 sold 3/1/2018.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
The SAAC comment doesn't surprise me. That's how they think.

As for insurance. I don't care to think about all the things in my house that an insurance check, no matter how large, could replace.

I have to admit being curious if the car actually survived. The picture implies the house and car are in the path of the fire and we see two guys who appear to have pushed it out of the garage. But that's it. Did the house and/or car survive?
Same here, but I wouldn't know what to grab. I did a video of our home a few years ago. I need to do an update with everything we've added and what's in the garage too.

I found these pics online, it's the same house, you can see the same red pergola style door covering in the Mustang pic as well as the white car through the windshield of the mustang. There doesn't appear to be anything burning around it, it may have been an unfortunate victim of flying ash. BIG HOUSE. I hope they got it to safety and maybe got the fire out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mustang House 1.JPG (49.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang House 2.JPG (55.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg BBPDol4.img.jpg (31.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by 65 Pony; 11-14-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page