OUCH! - Vintage Mustang Forums
 44Likes

post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

OUCH!

^$%#@!*&%^

Mother #^*@%^$#!

Had knee surgery a a couple of hours ago. Son of a bleepity bleep. WTH. lol Pain/suffering/medical bills.... Badly torn meniscus. Started years ago playing football/basketball/Jr high and high school and gradually got worse over 45 years ago. I just put up with it until it absolutely had to be repair (No blood supply on the last tear. (did it up good this time too...lol). Pain not too bad, but the big muscle on top of the leg is trying to cramp like the mother of all cramps. Guess they had to "manipulate" it quite a bit. Hope its not trying to throw a blood clot, doc said to watch out for that. Got ice on it and properly doped up right now. swmbo is waiting on me like a good little wife (been married 41 years.). When we got home, she rubbed my foot and said, "Poor baby, what do you want?' Oh he**, that's not on the dr's list. Had to settle for a good slap to the behind and get in there and make me a sammich. Rougher than I thought it would be. Strange he said to start walking on it gently and build it up using crutches for support, if needed. They are needed. PT tomorrow Stay tuned for the next adventure of...stuporman! Oh, here is the pain/suffering/medical bill commercial. We have this idiot named Mike Slocumb and he puts out these comical commercials for law dogs.. definitely lowered the bar...a.lot.!

Last edited by gwstang; 03-11-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:41 PM

Uh, are you off your meds? Lol
gwstang likes this.

post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:42 PM
Full gallop this way --->
Supporting Member

Garage
To the surgeon, did you plea?
"Do a good jobba fixin' mah-knee!"
For a driving delay you may see,
unless your mustang has an AOD.

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!
gt350sr, 2nd 66, Dan Babb and 1 others like this.

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 07:01 AM

I have felt your pain. Several years ago I had knee replacement surgery, look it up on youtube and it will make your stomach churn. For phase 1 of my rehab, they sent me a PT nurse named Windy, that I called "Mistress Windy from the House of Pain" to teach me all about B&D. She always wore a nurse uniform, but after that first session, I was expecting her to show up in a leather bustier and spike heels. I have never hurt so bad in my life. I still can't fully flex of my knee, it's probably about 90% which is almost normal.
gwstang likes this.

John

The Fauxstang. Dynacorn 67 fastback. Dart SHP 363, Close ratio Magnum 6 speed, 3.70 Eaton Truetrac in a fabricated full floater 9", SorT coil over suspension. Still in pieces.
'14 SHO with most all the bells and whistles. Stock for now.
F-150 SCab daily driver
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 07:44 AM

My sympathy! Rapidly heading that direction myself. Installed carpet in my younger days and it ruined my knees. Knee popped bad about 4 months ago, then hurt again early Jan and still hurting and swollen. I am on borrowed time.
gwstang likes this.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:36 AM

Garage
Platelet Rich Plasma, or stem cell therapy, is a better way to go than surgery for most cases. And if it's just arthritis, and not torn menisci, Hyalgan is great.
And yeah, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and today I'm doing those injections.
gwstang and John_Del like this.
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:58 AM

Ski accident 40 years ago finally coming back to haunt me. Knee's been hurting since Aug. MRI next, this thread sucks!

Heavy Metal Thunder Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3L_O7N_xs
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 11:31 AM

Funny you should mention that. I turned my left knee 180 degrees skiing when I was in my early 20s. Ripped out all the cartilage.

No matter what your story is, if you have joint problems, definitely check out Chondroitin and Glucosamine. There's a great book called "The Arthritis Cure" that saved my life. I'd have been a cripple by about age 30 without it!
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldog View Post
Uh, are you off your meds? Lol

lol. Happy pills...they work. percot more powerful than the force!
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ocious View Post
To the surgeon, did you plea?
"Do a good jobba fixin' mah-knee!"
For a driving delay you may see,
unless your mustang has an AOD.

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!
I do have an AOD.
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j persons View Post
I have felt your pain. Several years ago I had knee replacement surgery, look it up on youtube and it will make your stomach churn. For phase 1 of my rehab, they sent me a PT nurse named Windy, that I called "Mistress Windy from the House of Pain" to teach me all about B&D. She always wore a nurse uniform, but after that first session, I was expecting her to show up in a leather bustier and spike heels. I have never hurt so bad in my life. I still can't fully flex of my knee, it's probably about 90% which is almost normal.
Yikes. Full knee replacement is exponentially worse than repairing the meniscus.
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHawkeye View Post
Platelet Rich Plasma, or stem cell therapy, is a better way to go than surgery for most cases. And if it's just arthritis, and not torn menisci, Hyalgan is great.
And yeah, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and today I'm doing those injections.
Did the Holiday inn express, give you that little can of bones to shake and them toss on the ground to diagnose....lol

Come in handy in your practice too

He had to only repair the meniscus. Not as much pain as I thought it would be. Still not any fun though. He said, some weight bearing if I can stand it. Just not to get crazy with it.
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrostang View Post
Ski accident 40 years ago finally coming back to haunt me. Knee's been hurting since Aug. MRI next, this thread sucks!
MRI on the knee is easy. Anyone hurt in their youth and can just shake it off back then....is definitely rising to the surface, as we get older.
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 12:03 PM

Garage
My Neighbor just went through this too- 64 yo. He went so long that he actually wore out his bones- they had to replace the tops of his tibias and the bottoms of his Femurs so that the new knees had something to attach to- at least that's how he described it afterwords. He's slowed down to a snails pace, so it's up to me to do all the maintenance and repairs over there. It's the least I can do with what he's going through. Hope you heal up fast!

Working on old cars teaches us patience... and every curse word imaginable!
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbrand View Post
Funny you should mention that. I turned my left knee 180 degrees skiing when I was in my early 20s. Ripped out all the cartilage.

No matter what your story is, if you have joint problems, definitely check out Chondroitin and Glucosamine. There's a great book called "The Arthritis Cure" that saved my life. I'd have been a cripple by about age 30 without it!
Doc had to do a repair of the meniscus. Glad you found a cure that would work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page