Fabulous Fords Forever 2019 - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 10Likes

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 01:07 PM
Supporting Member

How much better or worse did the new location work ?

Steve E.
1965 Wimbledon White Vert.
T5, FiTech EFI, Borgeson Power Steering ,Ididit tilt, Street or track 4 wheel disc, coil overs, 3 link rear, 3G alternator, Custom sound system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:04 PM

I really liked the new spot...was fairly easy to get into the venue, TONS of room to park our cars plus spectator parking was also easy and didn't involve parking in the shopping center or neighborhood and running over before anyone saw. The drifting exhibitions were also great and the extra room for suppliers was cool as well.

Some not so good items: restrooms needed a little attention and trash cans were hard to locate. Some pretty typical first year startup kinda things...they will probably get it ironed out for next time. Overall, I liked the change to Anaheim stadium.
sessayan and Eitelbj like this.

1966 A-code coupe...work in progress
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:42 PM

Garage
My thoughts and photos:

https://saveclassiccars.net/2019/04/...-forever-2019/

It was great seeing a few VMF members out there!

1969 Convertible field find (450hp spaghetti noodle)
1968 Fastback (428 and a 4 speed)
www.SaveClassicCars.net

-Armon

Last edited by happystang; 04-15-2019 at 06:53 PM.

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happystang View Post
My thoughts and photos:

great write up and pictures! It's pretty cool how people from all over to hit this show

1966 A-code coupe...work in progress
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:28 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by happystang View Post
My thoughts and photos:

Thanks for sharing! I didn't make it out there this year, due to a family trip, but hopefully next year.

Brent

66 GT350 Tribute in Sapphire Blue built over 12-years and finally being driven!
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

A couple of thoughts that I have that tie in with Samgupta.

I have been to several events that have the portable sinks outside the port-a-potties. They run out of water and paper towels quickly. How come it seems no one replenishes the water and paper towels? Happened here also.

Trash cans - I walked around with paper trash in my pockets for awhile. Those trashcans were hard to find.

I wonder how the Cobra folks felt now that they no longer had the grassy, shaded area outside of Independence Hall at Knott's as their exclusive area. They had to join the rabble on the asphalt parking lot.

Anyone here have a "drink" truck? If you want to make a killing, bring a truck or trailer and sell nothing but cold beverages...soda, water, tea, lemonade, sport drinks, etc. There were long lines at the few food vendors that were there, and at one point I was getting a bit thirsty, but didn't want to wait in those lines just for something to drink. I ended up walking about 10 minutes to the northwest corner of the stadium parking lot where there were a bunch of fast food places.

Enjoyed the show, and more to follow.
Laurie_S and samgupta like this.

I've started a blog about my car and adventures: http://65mustangfun.blogspot.com/

1965 Fastback, 289, Toploader 4 Speed, owned by me since June 1980. Originally a C-code with a C-4. 5R09C16****
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 02:43 AM

I was there but not with my Mustang. I had my 2003 F150. The show was good for the first year at the new place. They have to make a few changes for next year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_IMG_1808 (2).jpg (109.8 KB, 2 views)

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 02:39 PM

Anyone get a stats sheet in their "goody" bag? Usually lists out how many cars registered and in what categories.
Would be interesting to see and compare the numbers from 2018 and see what the trend is.

As the drill sergeant said, "I taught you everything you know. I didn't teach you everything I know."

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
- Douglas Adams
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT289 View Post
Anyone get a stats sheet in their "goody" bag? Usually lists out how many cars registered and in what categories.
Would be interesting to see and compare the numbers from 2018 and see what the trend is.
The information wasn't in the "goody" bag...just a bunch of fliers for other area shows, printed ads from sponsors, an event pin, and an oversized umbrella that came in handy for many folks I saw using them. I did hear over the PA system that there were 1800 vehicles registered for this event, but no breakdown on categories.

I've started a blog about my car and adventures: http://65mustangfun.blogspot.com/

1965 Fastback, 289, Toploader 4 Speed, owned by me since June 1980. Originally a C-code with a C-4. 5R09C16****
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

My experiences for Fabulous Fords Forever 2019:

I left home around 12:30pm after having worked the night before. Drove from Douglas, AZ to Tucson and got 20.2 mpg. That was my best for the weekend. Got into Yucaipa, CA about 10pm at Chris's house.

The next day, we cleaned and slightly detailed the Mustang and decided to go to Farm Boys in San Bernardino for an impromptu lunch and car show going on there. When I fired up the car to go, it was missing and coughing through the carb and exhaust. We figured it was moisture either in the carb or distributor cap as Chris cleaned the engine without covering those item. The car wasn't running that strong on the way there, but it felt like that timing issue was over. Wrong...we got to Farm Boys, and it started again. It mainly happened when running low RPMs and then accelerating. I wasn't happy as I had driven over 500 miles the day before with no issues. After San Bernardino, we went back and checked the distributor. Under the cap, we found a crack running between towers 1 and 8 and definite signs of arcing between the two.

Now, on an early Saturday evening, try to find someone who stocks a clamp-down GM-style distributor cap with male terminals. It isn't happening! Luckily I had brought an old Motorcraft dual point distributor with me along with a Standard Motor Products AL-482 cap with the male terminals. Switched out distributors and I was back on the road!

On Sunday, went to Fabulous Fords Forever and had a pretty good time. I like the new venue, and once the bugs get worked out, I think it will go well. Looking forward to next year. Anyways, here are some pics and thoughts:

Got gas in Yucaipa with a Bell UH-1 "C" Vietnam Era Helicopter. It was being taken to Mesa, AZ to get restored and put on display. This particular one had been shot down twice during the war and had always been a "slick". It was fun talking to the guys doing the job.

Scratch this one off my list. Finally got to see a Boss 429 at a show.

I think many of us on here can relate.

I have a "soft spot" for Grabber Blue Mustangs.

I asked this guy if his car was For Sale, and he yelled at me. So I leaned on his fenders and left fingerprints. I showed him!

The guy showing this truck has had it handed down through the family to him after his great grandfather bought it new.

When you need to cover those holes in your firewall...

A study in contrasts. The Pinto on the left is painted flat black. The one on the right was completely covered in small, square mirrors. It was titled "Disco Pinto".

I would LOVE to have this as a road trip vehicle. There's a small kitchen in there along with plenty of room to sit around and talk with your buddies.

Blue Blood, rpm, Caper50 and 1 others like this.

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:23 AM

Send a message via MSN to Blue Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeFred View Post

When you need to cover those holes in your firewall...
Back in the day... that pie tin was good for 20 cents. ...and a whole pie was $1.95 for apple.

1995 GT Convertible - Laser Red - 331 stroker, Kenne Bell 2.2 - 415 RWHP 396 RWTQ
2002 Corvette Z06 - 410 RWHP 410 RWTQ
1968 Mustang Fastback .... Rustbucket slowly being reborn
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blood View Post
Back in the day... that pie tin was good for 20 cents. ...and a whole pie was $1.95 for apple.
The coincidence here was after the show, I went to see my Mom in Riverside, and took her out to dinner to Marie Callenders. Maybe seeing this at FFF triggered my craving for pie that evening.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page