Home rental Louisville, KY - Vintage Mustang Forums
 5Likes

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Home rental Louisville, KY

I’ve been offered a job at the Robley Rex VA in Louisville, Kentucky. It’s about 8 hrs away from me. I need to find a place to rent. I prefer to live somewhere with a shop or at least a garage but the house itself could be small. I prefer to live in a rural area and have cheaper rent. I will be alone so I don’t need a big place, but I need somewhere to work on my car.

Anyone live in this area that could point out some places to look?
wilson_ likes this.

67 Fastback S Code, Brittany Blue

Work in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:16 AM

You are probably going to have to drive a little ways to get what you want. If you look around the area where 265 and 71 intersect, there is some rural area and you may find something affordable. You can jump on 71 and depending on the traffic, it should be fairly smooth drive. There is little area called Middletown that might be good to look at.
You can also look south, several areas along 65 around Brooks and Sheperdsville that might not be bad. You are getting into Bullitt County there and real estate etc is just a little cheaper and lots of rural area. A lot of Louisville workers live in that area and follow 65 North to work every morning.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingky View Post
You are probably going to have to drive a little ways to get what you want. If you look around the area where 265 and 71 intersect, there is some rural area and you may find something affordable. You can jump on 71 and depending on the traffic, it should be fairly smooth drive. There is little area called Middletown that might be good to look at.
You can also look south, several areas along 65 around Brooks and Sheperdsville that might not be bad. You are getting into Bullitt County there and real estate etc is just a little cheaper and lots of rural area. A lot of Louisville workers live in that area and follow 65 North to work every morning.
Thanks, I’ll check it out. What’s hard is trying to find somewhere to live and pack up and move to when I live almost 9 hrs from Louisville

Work in progress

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpounder17 View Post
Thanks, Iíll check it out. Whatís hard is trying to find somewhere to live and pack up and move to when I live almost 9 hrs from Louisville
I know well the feeling. My brother and I graduated with our degrees in electronics and both got offers from Texas Instruments in Dallas. We drove from Kentucky to Dallas, brother driving a huge U-Haul pulling his Ranger and I running block with LTD in about 12 hours with no place to stay. We lucked out and within hours of our arrival found an apartment 5 minutes from work that got us by until we could find a place outside the city more to our liking.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingky View Post
Quote:
Thanks, I’ll check it out. What’s hard is trying to find somewhere to live and pack up and move to when I live almost 9 hrs from Louisville
I know well the feeling. My brother and I graduated with our degrees in electronics and both got offers from Texas Instruments in Dallas. We drove from Kentucky to Dallas, brother driving a huge U-Haul pulling his Ranger and I running block with LTD in about 12 hours with no place to stay. We lucked out and within hours of our arrival found an apartment 5 minutes from work that got us by until we could find a place outside the city more to our liking.
I’m guessing that the sort of place I’m wanting to rent won’t be listed on the internist and will likely be for rent by owner, a word of mouth situation or will have a sign in the yard
Huntingky likes this.

Work in progress
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Iím guessing that the sort of place Iím wanting to rent wonít be listed on the internist and will likely be for rent by owner, a word of mouth situation or will have a sign in the yard
Check rental agencies for listings.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHawkeye View Post
Quote:
I’m guessing that the sort of place I’m wanting to rent won’t be listed on the internist and will likely be for rent by owner, a word of mouth situation or will have a sign in the yard
Check rental agencies for listings.
I think this is going to be my best bet

Work in progress
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

My only requirement is a garage or shop. I would prefer out of town and in a rural area but that isn’t a must. Actually it will just be me so I wouldn’t even care if it’s a mobile home. I can always move if I find something else after I’m there

Work in progress
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 12:52 PM

I live in Meade County and commute all over N Central Ky. to do commercial HVAC work.....the area around the VA Hospital is rather up-scale as is to the East in Oldham County...Iím sure you could find a rural place with a shop if you are willing to commute up to an hour.
Are you firm on renting instead of buying?...for example , Thereís a place for sale near me....Double wide modular home and a nice metal building on about 3 acres....I am not affiliated in any way, but if you want, I could send you some info.....my gps says itís 54 minute commute to the VA Hospital

Randy,
'65 owner for 39 years and counting

My Mustang Slideshow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x4gOjXMbuU

My pics from around the world :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKLfZ5oDI28
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyfastback65 View Post
I live in Meade County and commute all over N Central Ky. to do commercial HVAC work.....the area around the VA Hospital is rather up-scale as is to the East in Oldham County...I’m sure you could find a rural place with a shop if you are willing to commute up to an hour.
Are you firm on renting instead of buying?...for example , There’s a place for sale near me....Double wide modular home and a nice metal building on about 3 acres....I am not affiliated in any way, but if you want, I could send you some info.....my gps says it’s 54 minute commute to the VA Hospital
I don’t mind driving an hr to work but I’d rather rent their for a while until I learn the area and decide where I’d like to buy

Work in progress
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyfastback65 View Post
I live in Meade County and commute all over N Central Ky. to do commercial HVAC work.....the area around the VA Hospital is rather up-scale as is to the East in Oldham County...Iím sure you could find a rural place with a shop if you are willing to commute up to an hour.
Are you firm on renting instead of buying?...for example , Thereís a place for sale near me....Double wide modular home and a nice metal building on about 3 acres....I am not affiliated in any way, but if you want, I could send you some info.....my gps says itís 54 minute commute to the VA Hospital
Thats right, I had forgotten you were in my neighborhood

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 04:57 PM

If you're proficient in identifying and filtering dweebs, pimps, creeps, et al, (the internet can help you here, ask them if they have a facebook a/c, that's a good start) try looking for a shared housing gig on craigs list or local paper. I've lived in 40 states as my career required it, and for a few of those, I rented a room. They were nice people I shared with in all instances. There were however a few interviews of people that I did not elect to rent from (as mentioned above). Good luck. Also airbnb.com has a long term stay service.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:35 PM

Hey GroundPounder, I just stumbled on to this discussion and would like to offer up another direction/ locale for you to check out. Southern Indiana , in Floyd and Harrison counties have lots of rural areas , with many places that should fit the bill. Most anything in those counties should be less than an hour drive. Holler back if ya are still in need
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygta View Post
Hey GroundPounder, I just stumbled on to this discussion and would like to offer up another direction/ locale for you to check out. Southern Indiana , in Floyd and Harrison counties have lots of rural areas , with many places that should fit the bill. Most anything in those counties should be less than an hour drive. Holler back if ya are still in need
I am still in need actually. I have a few real estate managers supposedly looking for me but itís like they havenít listed to a word Iíve told them. They keep trying to show me 3 bedroom houses without a shop for way above my price range. Someone dropped the ball and didnít run the proper physical so my official start date got bumped to August 5th. I actually found an apartment 3/4 mile from where Iíll be working. If I donít find anything else Iíll do this for 6 mths and just start looking on my own.

Iíll check out Floyd and Harrison counties. Thanks for the tip. If you know of anything please let me know.

Work in progress
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:33 AM

Will do. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page