Neck surgery pic. - Vintage Mustang Forums
 18Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6,492
Neck surgery pic.

Had the disc below the titanium plate (already in there) operated on the past Tuesday. Doc said it was a mess in there and took twice as long to clean up. Guess he earned his paycheck...lol Put some kind of device to make that disc stay good. Hands were very numb/dizzy at times if looking down etc/pain out the yingyang.. When I woke up, the first thing I said to the nurse is that my left hand is not numb. Right hand was still a little numb but nothing like before. Doc had been talking about carpal tunnel surgery on both hands...Nope, maybe just the right eventually. It hurts like a mother too. Way worse than the first surgery to put the plate in. Sucks...lortabs help but, still...Funny thing is on the way home later that evening (outpatient surgery), The wife was driving and had to stop at wally world, to get the prescription filled. I went in too and people were really freaking out at the sight of the wound. The pharmacy and helpers were like, "Why are you walking around and why aren't you home resting?" I'm like, "Well, I have to have this filled because it hurts like hell and we're on our way home right now!". Kinda cool freaking them out. My wife has always said that I am the toughest person she has ever known. Didn't bother me except it feels like someone slammed my spine with a demolition air hammer....lol Those people were really a gasp and people with carts were staring and freaking out, asking if I'm ok. Hell no, I am not OK. I haven't had anything to eat since 8 pm the night before and had to get up at an ungodly hour, then wait until around 1 pm to get sliced on. I have to eat, so I can take a damn pill ! Oh, and I got expedited to the very front of the pharmacy line...only took about 4 minutes. I think the others there waiting, were really glad to see me get gone...lol

Enjoy! The wound looks much better than it did in the walmart viewing.




68Hildago and myfirstcar66 like this.
gwstang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
 
68Hildago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 767
Garage
Glad the surgery went well.

But, you realize you now may show up in the 'Best Walmart-isms' list? lol

https://www.pinterest.ca/jimcfarrar/walmart-isms/
gwstang and geicoman58 like this.
68Hildago is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 04:40 PM
Senior Member
 
myfirstcar66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Auburn University, Alabama
Posts: 1,559
Garage
Looks like something somebody would draw with wax and red dye for a Halloween costume with a machete hanging out the other side ! ! ! Glad you're ok and hope you have a speedy better-than-before recovery so you can play with your Mustang. We'll come drive you around if you need your fix ! !

My 1st car...
'66 Tahoe Turquoise/ Aqua coupe
•289 / 4100 •C4 Auto •Disc Brakes
•Dual Exhaust •Quick Manual Steering
•Rally Pac •Console •Deluxe Belts
•LOTS of Rotunda accessories

Older son's 1st car...
'66 Emberglo / Parchment deluxe coupe
•289 / 2100 •C4 Auto
•Dealer A/C • Console
•Dual Exhaust • Power Steering

Younger son's 1st car...
'66 Nightmist / Blue & white deluxe coupe
•289 / 2100 •C4 Auto
•Factory A/C •Console
WAITING FOR RESTORATION

myfirstcar66 is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 04:52 PM
Senior Member
 
NEFaurora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 8,877
Send a message via AIM to NEFaurora
Nice slice.

Because its in the Neck area (High Blood Flow). It should heal almost undetectable...

Had a guy at work one time 15 years ago...that got a huge Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Bump on his neck that he had to remove....What a cut they did..They took out his entire Lymph node.... 6 months later it healed so well that you couldn't even tell...

Thank God for Good Pain Meds.......Just don't get hooked on them...

Happy Healing...


)

Tony K.
gwstang and myfirstcar66 like this.



Tony Kovar
Melbourne, FL (Formerly from Long Island, NY!)

1965 Mustang Convertible 200cid I6, 3spd Manual (Soon to be swapped for a '65 Date Coded C4!)
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Convertible 200cid I6, C4 Auto
2007 Mustang V6 Convertible w/ Pony Package
MCA#70001

Getting Ready for the 2020 Melbourne, FL MCA Nationals!
NEFaurora is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 05:28 PM
Senior Member
Supporting Member
 
Groundpounder17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwstang View Post
Had the disc below the titanium plate (already in there) operated on the past Tuesday. Doc said it was a mess in there and took twice as long to clean up. Guess he earned his paycheck...lol Put some kind of device to make that disc stay good. Hands were very numb/dizzy at times if looking down etc/pain out the yingyang.. When I woke up, the first thing I said to the nurse is that my left hand is not numb. Right hand was still a little numb but nothing like before. Doc had been talking about carpal tunnel surgery on both hands...Nope, maybe just the right eventually. It hurts like a mother too. Way worse than the first surgery to put the plate in. Sucks...lortabs help but, still...Funny thing is on the way home later that evening (outpatient surgery), The wife was driving and had to stop at wally world, to get the prescription filled. I went in too and people were really freaking out at the sight of the wound. The pharmacy and helpers were like, "Why are you walking around and why aren't you home resting?" I'm like, "Well, I have to have this filled because it hurts like hell and we're on our way home right now!". Kinda cool freaking them out. My wife has always said that I am the toughest person she has ever known. Didn't bother me except it feels like someone slammed my spine with a demolition air hammer....lol Those people were really a gasp and people with carts were staring and freaking out, asking if I'm ok. Hell no, I am not OK. I haven't had anything to eat since 8 pm the night before and had to get up at an ungodly hour, then wait until around 1 pm to get sliced on. I have to eat, so I can take a damn pill ! <img src="http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/images/Vintage-Mustang_2015/smilies/tango_face_sad.png" border="0" alt="" title="Frown" class="inlineimg" /> Oh, and I got expedited to the very front of the pharmacy line...only took about 4 minutes. I think the others there waiting, were really glad to see me get gone...lol <img src="http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/images/Vintage-Mustang_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png" border="0" alt="" title="Devil" class="inlineimg" />

Enjoy! <img src="http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/images/Vintage-Mustang_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png" border="0" alt="" title="Devil" class="inlineimg" /> The wound looks much better than it did in the walmart viewing.




Sounds like the surgery was a success. I wonder exactly what all the surgeon had to do? That will give a good indication about your long term results. I’m a physical therapist and see cervical surgery patients fairly often. You need to rest now and don’t let the pain get out of control. Do they have you in a collar?
Praying for a safe, productive, and successful rehab process
gwstang likes this.

67 Fastback S Code, Brittany Blue

Work in progress
Groundpounder17 is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 11:02 PM
Senior Member
 
ophthos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: South Eastern MA
Posts: 283
Garage
Not a bad scar. I've seen much worse in my medical career. You'll heal fine. Try and keep your head still. The more you move the incision, the more likely to have a large scar. Take your pain meds and relax.

gwstang and Lawnjockey like this.

66 Convertible, GT clone. 289 4V, C4. Springtime yellow with black top
ophthos is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 12:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: far east north corner of Texas
Posts: 6,687
Garage
No stitches. That seems a little strange. I hope everything gets arranged back to where it is supposed to be after all that.
gwstang likes this.


65 2+2, 331, C4 presently apart for complete a restore
1979 Ford F150 custom, 302, C4, AC, tilt wheel, main transportation
macstang is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 01:48 AM
Senior Member
Supporting Member
 
supershifter2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Frum Hear Two Their Eventually
Posts: 10,755
my neck got messed up i a rear end crash in a 66 gnatsum i had in the 70's. 1974 telorvehc ecirpac slammed my car doing about 75 and i was sittin still. been in pane ever cents. no surgery for me after seeing this doctor.


gwstang likes this.

supershifter2™ < !
supershifter2 is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpounder17 View Post
Sounds like the surgery was a success. I wonder exactly what all the surgeon had to do? That will give a good indication about your long term results. I’m a physical therapist and see cervical surgery patients fairly often. You need to rest now and don’t let the pain get out of control. Do they have you in a collar?
Praying for a safe, productive, and successful rehab process
Doc had to remove lots of scar tissues, he said it was "a mess". No collar and didn't wear one the first time either. I don't like taking the opioids, so I do wait too long sometimes...ouch! Thanks for the prayer, I need it !
gwstang is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Hildago View Post
Glad the surgery went well.

But, you realize you now may show up in the 'Best Walmart-isms' list? lol

https://www.pinterest.ca/jimcfarrar/walmart-isms/
LOL, I look at the walmart creatures pics all the time...lol It would be an honor!
68Hildago likes this.
gwstang is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:58 AM
Senior Member
 
74Rallye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lynchburg VA
Posts: 664
I wish the best for you.
The worst time of my life came from blowing out a disc in my neck while splitting firewood. 2 weeks before I was supposed to get surgery I over indulged in Bacardi 151. It loosened everything up enough that the disc moved back into place. I wish it could be that simple for everyone. Nerve pain is the worst.
gwstang likes this.
74Rallye is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifter2 View Post
my neck got messed up i a rear end crash in a 66 gnatsum i had in the 70's. 1974 telorvehc ecirpac slammed my car doing about 75 and i was sitting still. been in pane ever cents. no surgery for me after seeing this doctor.

Bet that left a mark! Did it even hurt the tank like caprice?
gwstang is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstang View Post
No stitches. That seems a little strange. I hope everything gets arranged back to where it is supposed to be after all that.
The use the dermabond, on some things like this.


https://www.medicalsupplysurplus.com...smart_campaign
gwstang is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Rallye View Post
I wish the best for you.
The worst time of my life came from blowing out a disc in my neck while splitting firewood. 2 weeks before I was supposed to get surgery I over indulged in Bacardi 151. It loosened everything up enough that the disc moved back into place. I wish it could be that simple for everyone. Nerve pain is the worst.
Dang, that hurts just thinking on it.
gwstang is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6,492
It is just killing me, not to be able to ride this for along time...arrgghhh! 2004 VN2000A...the mother of motorcycles..lol 125 ci.. 2053 cc's heavy...very heavy. Probably be into late August before touching it...



gwstang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome