Too Hot ! - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 53Likes

post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:44 PM

Its even been relatively hot here in Michigan. We've had several 90+ degree days here and being surrounded on three sides by water, pretty darned humid. I feel for you folks down south and I'm not sure how you do it. Since having heart issues, I just can't take the heat at all anymore and I think if I lived where you do, I'd have to find a cooler place to be.
gwstang likes this.

Early 65
1998 5.0, fitech efi, holley in tank returnless pump
4R70W transmission with USShift quick 2 controller
3.00:1 8" open rear end
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstcar66 View Post
Yep. I waited to mow yesterday til the sun was at least behind some trees. It was still 92 with a 105 index and 100% humidity. Got about 3/4 done, made a turn with the mower and saw / heard / felt lightning pop a tree a few hundred yards away. I quit immediately ! ! Then came the first of two BIG storms last night. I had to drive west of Montgomery this morning and it's HOT. My yard will probably need to be mowed again today...
Wow, that lightening is very dangerous. I've been caught out in on my big tractor, with headphone on, and just singing along and WHAM! Just about peed my pants...
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsroof69 View Post
Definitely hot here in north Texas too, but its not keeping me from having some fun. Yesterday I was geared up in full protection, helmet, neck brace, full wrap around body protection, knee pads, elbow pads and we rode 45 miles of hard, rocky, technical terrain. Good times with lots of water and sweat. Hoping to go back out on Friday.
Argghhh! I'm still not able to ride my Kawasaki Vulcan 2000. Until I go back to the neurosurgeon at the end of the month. Recuperating from neck disc surgery. That puppy has 2053cc's and 125 ci and way over 100 hp. It will rock.

post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by subpar63 View Post
Been pretty hot and humid down here in LA. Just the exact greeting I expected to encounter as we endure our first summer in Silverhill, Baldwin County. I figure if I can survive this summer I should be good to go for the future. And I now know what the phrase "weather than you can wear" means.

I do have a window air conditioner on my agenda for the garage. I have to insulate the attic above it first but figure that can wait until this fall when it cools down enough to be up there.

I know for a fact this winter I will not miss the snow and cold we were subjected to in South Dakota.

John
Yep! Baldwin county gets a little hotter than we do, by several degrees. AC would be nice, but the old barn would take too much to fix up for that. Lot's of air leaks etc. Thinking on adding a 20x30 building this fall. A roll up would be nice and the buildings aren't very much installed on a pad. It's nice to live on 70 acres and I can do anything I want...lol You could not pay me to live in a city. It would be sort of the Rambo, first blood where the colonel tells the idiot cop that, I didn't come here to rescue Rambo from you, I came here to rescue you from him"

How hot is South Dakota right now....lol
subpar63 likes this.

Last edited by gwstang; 07-09-2019 at 07:16 PM.
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russstang View Post
Want me to tell you about the 60 degree and 47% humidity weather again while we were up in Newfoundland? Might cool you down.....or heat you up, depending. Been low to mid 90s here in good old Norcalina. I'm fortunate, I'm up about 1400' so its normally cooler when I get home, but at work it's like steam oven.

I would love 60's all week long.
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwstang View Post
Argghhh! I'm still not able to ride my Kawasaki Vulcan 2000. Until I go back to the neurosurgeon at the end of the month. Recuperating from neck disc surgery. That puppy has 2053cc's and 125 ci and way over 100 hp. It will rock.

Nice! Mine is just a little 300CC fuel injected 2 stroke

Typically around 68hp and wheelie on command in every gear. It will flat rip. Not for the faint of heart, but a perfect single track bike. Tons of low end torque right off idle, and almost impossible to stall. Absolutely love the bike.
post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:12 PM

I was in my garage 1 day last week and had to turn my heater on.
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:20 PM

Location: Formerly Sioux Falls, South Dakota - Now Silverhill, Alabama USA
Quote:
Yep! Baldwin county gets a little hotter than we do, by several degrees...... It's nice to live on 70 acres and I can do anything I want...lol You could not pay me to live in a city.

How hot is South Dakota right now....lol
Only have 3 acres here but it is really nice not to have a neighbor 10 feet away on either side, which we had back in South Dakota.

From what I've seen South Dakota has experienced 85*+ over the last few weeks with some humidity levels around 70% - good for them . . . but come Dec/Jan/Feb when it's below 0 with the wind blowing 30 mph+ I'll be thinking of all my friends and relatives while I'm siting on the deck in my t-shirt and shorts drinking a cold beverage.

John

John Goettsch

My First Mustang

Transformed 2017: (Thanks 22GT)
66 FB C Code Upgraded to HiPo+
Autolite 4100 1.12 - 4-Speed Toploader
3.55 True-Trac - Koni Adjustables
Z-Member - Arvinode Exhaust

66 FB C Code C4
Code U Tahoe Turquoise Metallic
White/Aqua Pony Interior
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:31 PM

Aaaah John, that's cruel.
subpar63 likes this.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:36 PM

I crack the garage door a couple inches and pull down the attic steps.

When I climb the steps and sit at the top there is a big breeze from the hot garage air moving into the attic to expel out the roof vents.

Lowers the garage temp about 15 degrees.

1965 Mustang Coupe 289/C4
1967 Mustang Coupe 200/C4
2017 Mustang EB Premium
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I'm trying to put a new wiring harness in my '82 vette and it is out in the sun with no starter installed etc. For the record, the vette is tighter to work in than the stang. However, I have cursed both equally.

Red head (not too bad at 63) and the '66 I have to fix.

The blessed vette I'm rebuilding.

One of the red heads manical Chihuahua's will bite your fingers clean off! Little bastage. 'bout how I feel like this time of the year...lol

This retirement stuff is hard on an old soul...lol
Did you call that vette blessed? Auto correct perhaps? Lol....I have BLASTED 92 vette my wife keeps nagging me to get running and sell. I absolute hate working on the wiring on that thing. Maybe if my hands and arms were about half as meaty it would be easier but even then, there are things that just fit together like a puzzle. They only fit one way, they are absolute snug, no room for wiggle. At least with a puzzle, you don't have to remove 3 other pieces to put another one in. Unfortunately most of the work seems to occur out in the sun.

Our little fur ball would be so excited to see an intruder she would pee all over them!

One saving grace about my shop is that the garage door opens to the west, where most of the wind comes from. Deliberate selection when I built it. Still would love to get some AC in there though, it was registering 96 and 73% humidity inside the other day.
gwstang likes this.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:26 AM

Garage
Oppressive heat is exactly why I haven't been in the garage, it is a metal building with insulation and a window unit, but still not able to get below 90!
gwstang and Huntingky like this.
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:36 AM

Garage
Typical midwest weather here, time for the 90s and 80-90% humidity. This makes round 2, and just in time this weekend when I need to mow again. Hasn't killed me yet, don't expect that to change anytime soon. Grew up in this weather, and then spent 5 years in south FL where it's even worse. I'm pretty calloused against it.
gwstang likes this.
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 12:52 PM

93. Feels like 105 in Saint Louis. Typical for this time of year. It's in the lower 70s at 6:00 AM and stupid sticky.
gwstang likes this.

1966 Sprint 200
Mostly stockish
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:20 PM

I can't work on anything bare metal from June until the end of august in SC, I cover whatever I'm working on with sweat and it rusts

I'm a lot more "used to it" than my wife. As long as I have a lot of water, I can spend the entire day out in it, my clothes will look like I just jumped into a pool with them on. My wife will hide in the A/C all day.
gwstang likes this.

2011 Mustang 3.7L Premium Pony Package
2015 Silverado 5.3L 2LT DC Z71
1965 Mustang C Code Coupe 289/T5/3.25
1967 Chevrolet C10 350/700R/3.73
1968 Pontiac Firebird 400

Last edited by 65 Pony; 07-10-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page