Too Hot ! - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 53Likes

post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:24 PM

Ive always said that here in Georgia and in Tucson, when humidity hits 20% it makes the news in both places.

Those big HF fans help.
gwstang likes this.

1965 Mustang Coupe 289/C4
1967 Mustang Coupe 200/C4
2017 Mustang EB Premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:29 PM

Garage
I've got one of those little rechargeable desk fans clipped to my chair when I'm at shows to blow some air on me. Makes it way more tolerable this time of year. And since it charges off USB, I've got a battery pack with me that I can plug it into if the battery dies. But so far it's run for 4 or 5 hours off the first battery charge.
gwstang likes this.
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 04:50 PM

Ah, but here, west of Atlanta.....

...... there's a nice occasional breeze.....just enough to twist my already glued headliner material, for my Civic, back onto itself, ruining it.
gwstang likes this.

post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 07:37 PM

at 90 degrees 55% here in upstate, all I care about is NO RAIN FINALLY!. I saw 2nd 66 driving his Mustang this am, or was that yesterday, it all melds together. WE both drive a good 20 in opposite directions every am, that's how he recognized me. Hence the Rat Pack. Life is good brothers and sister, I gotta say, you guys down south can just broil for all I care given all the crap we get from you guyz during the winters. Parasitic HP Drag and extra weight from A/C and all, "y'all" deserve it for all the hate and meanness all winter! ;o)

Cheers,

M
gwstang and subpar63 like this.

Heavy Metal Thunder Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3L_O7N_xs
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrostang View Post
at 90 degrees 55% here in upstate, all I care about is NO RAIN FINALLY!. I saw 2nd 66 driving his Mustang this am, or was that yesterday, it all melds together. WE both drive a good 20 in opposite directions every am, that's how he recognized me. Hence the Rat Pack. Life is good brothers and sister, I gotta say, you guys down south can just broil for all I care given all the crap we get from you guyz during the winters. Parasitic HP Drag and extra weight from A/C and all, "y'all" deserve it for all the hate and meanness all winter! ;o)Cheers,M

AC is king down here.
subpar63 and Gecko like this.
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:58 PM

Bought AC for the garage for the 4th celebration. I'm going to celebrate the garage AC this weekend while installing my new headers with temps around 90º! They are currently installing AC in the old building where I work. In another week the only thing non AC in my life will be the Mustang!

65 C Code hardtop from California still wearing it's original paint.
Roller 331, TW 170 heads, T-5z, FiTech EFI, FPA Headers, Arvinode exhaust, SoT Bilstien coilover front suspension, TJ on eBay 8" 3.40 Trac-Loc 3rd member. Mustang Steve 2008 GT bracketed 12.4" front disks
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
at 90 degrees 55% here in upstate, all I care about is NO RAIN FINALLY!. I saw 2nd 66 driving his Mustang this am, or was that yesterday, it all melds together. WE both drive a good 20 in opposite directions every am, that's how he recognized me. Hence the Rat Pack. Life is good brothers and sister, I gotta say, you guys down south can just broil for all I care given all the crap we get from you guyz during the winters. Parasitic HP Drag and extra weight from A/C and all, "y'all" deserve it for all the hate and meanness all winter! ;o)

Cheers,

M

I was up near Jamestown, NY visiting my family the week of the 4th. He had some nice weather, but there was some seriously heavy storms most days from 3-7pm.

We went to Niagra falls On friday, the 5th, and my parents said they got torrential down pours in Bemus point, and my sister over near Rochester said the same. Somehow, it was beautiful and never rained a drop in Buffalo.

I was surprised how hot it was up there. High 80's most days.

2011 Mustang 3.7L Premium Pony Package
2015 Silverado 5.3L 2LT DC Z71
1965 Mustang C Code Coupe 289/T5/3.25
1967 Chevrolet C10 350/700R/3.73
1968 Pontiac Firebird 400
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 11:17 AM

Garage
It's going to be 113 today in Phoenix, and a bit more humid since the monsoons are moving in, but mostly a dry heat. I had a co-worker from England come over to AZ in mid-Summer and he asked what to expect. I asked him did he have an oven, and he said Yes. Heat that bad boy up, and then open the door with your face in front of the open door, and that is what it will feel like when you step off the plane. When he got here he agreed as it was like being in an oven, but at least he didn't sweat.

Thank God I air conditioned the garage a few years back otherwise I wouldn't be able to do anything until the Fall.

US NAVY VET - 65 Custom Fastback GT-A-code. FiTech EFI w/Tanks Inc. w/Aero 340 LPH pump, TCP Power R&P; Full front coil over conversion w/1" Shelby drop; TMI Sport R custom interior; T5z TKO, Speed Hut custom speedo; Autometer Phantom gauges; SSBC Force 10 -13" disc brakes w/10.5" rear disc brakes; 24" Griffin Radiator w/twin 11" 2800 CFM fans; Classic Auto Air AC; Truck-Lite 7" LED headlights; Mustang Project Shelby LED sequential taillights. 2001 Bullitt rims w/Nitto NT555 235x45x17 tires.

post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 11:44 AM

It was 113 in Vegas when I went last year. Hot is hot.

2011 Mustang 3.7L Premium Pony Package
2015 Silverado 5.3L 2LT DC Z71
1965 Mustang C Code Coupe 289/T5/3.25
1967 Chevrolet C10 350/700R/3.73
1968 Pontiac Firebird 400
post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 01:45 PM

Garage
We'll see what we can do

Quote:

Cheers,

M
Maybe a little Nor'easter action in February? Last time I was in Connecticut we tried to beat one back to the Hartford Airport. No luck, we actually got on the plane but the snow was following the snowplows down the runway. They would scrape a black spot and it would start tuning white right behind them. Came out of the hotel next morning and was about 24" deep. I'll visit you guys in the summer, thank you.

Get off my back, get out of my pocket....

1965 2+2 painted (66) Vintage Burgundy, 1998 roller 5.0 with GT40P heads, plans are for Sniper, T5 and 3:55 rear.
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 02:05 PM

Garage
I've been around the world and experienced some of all kinds of weather, love living in Alabama except for the Dog Days of Summer heat and the [email protected]əd mosquitoes. When it's cold you can layer up. When it's hot you can't take enough off. And in my work, wearing a ballistic vest and a bunch of equipment on the body, getting in and out of a vehicle (even with AC) all day is something I won't miss upon retirement. It's hot. But at least it isn't 120 with 70 pounds of ruck, helmet and NVG knowing for SURE somebody is trying to smoke me.

'66 Tahoe Turquoise/ Aqua coupe
•289 / 4100 •C4 Auto •Disc Brakes
•Dual Exhaust •Quick Manual Steering
•Rally Pac •Console •Deluxe Belts
•LOTS of Rotunda accessories
...my first car

'66 Emberglo / Parchment deluxe coupe
•289 / 2100 •C4 Auto •Disc Brakes
•Dual Exhaust •Power Steering
•Dealer Air Conditioning •Console

'66 Nightmist / Blue & white deluxe coupe
•289 / 2100 •C4 Auto
•Factory Air Conditioning •Console
WAITING FOR RESTORATION

post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstcar66 View Post
I've been around the world and experienced some of all kinds of weather, love living in Alabama except for the Dog Days of Summer heat and the [email protected]əd mosquitoes. When it's cold you can layer up. When it's hot you can't take enough off. And in my work, wearing a ballistic vest and a bunch of equipment on the body, getting in and out of a vehicle (even with AC) all day is something I won't miss upon retirement. It's hot. But at least it isn't 120 with 70 pounds of ruck, helmet and NVG knowing for SURE somebody is trying to smoke me.
I was in the Navy 4 years ('75-'79) and there are much hotter/tropical places I've been. At least those places had a good breeze most of the time...except for massive typhoons. You will love the state retirement when you retire, it's the best thing going. (I sure love mine after 34 years) Other states have patterned their retirement systems, after it. I guess we win at something! You can convert your military service into it also, if you haven't checked into that. It sure seems to be more dangerous than ever, for an Officer out there! Be safe always! Thanks for your service to the people...
subpar63 and myfirstcar66 like this.
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:11 PM

The dry heat the SW is famous for means that you think your skin is going to catch fire.

1965 Mustang Coupe 289/C4
1967 Mustang Coupe 200/C4
2017 Mustang EB Premium
post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwstang View Post
Thanks for your service to the people...
You're welcome ! I can't imagine doing anything else until the Good Lord tells me to. I have 22 + years in and yes, Alabama's RSA is the envy of other states thanks to wise investments, and successful board assignments, legislation and lobbying to protect it. I hope I get to serve many many more years.

Now, I can tell you that some days and nights are better than others, I will NEVER say I have seen it all, but I will say I have seen a lot of the best and the worst of life and it is a LOT harder in extreme weather. Today was a late day, dealing with some of the worst, and it doesn't help when you're outside in the heat with 100% humidity, and lightning in the area. Still, I would rather be out there so somebody else doesn't have to be, and on the off chance I could make somebody's life a little better. My family pays a price in my absence, too. But little things like Mustangs and old cars bring us back together for quality time and help me meet people in my community outside of work.
Did I mention it was hot?
gwstang likes this.

'66 Tahoe Turquoise/ Aqua coupe
•289 / 4100 •C4 Auto •Disc Brakes
•Dual Exhaust •Quick Manual Steering
•Rally Pac •Console •Deluxe Belts
•LOTS of Rotunda accessories
...my first car

'66 Emberglo / Parchment deluxe coupe
•289 / 2100 •C4 Auto •Disc Brakes
•Dual Exhaust •Power Steering
•Dealer Air Conditioning •Console

'66 Nightmist / Blue & white deluxe coupe
•289 / 2100 •C4 Auto
•Factory Air Conditioning •Console
WAITING FOR RESTORATION

post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 02:29 AM
Supporting Member

Yikes! My temp gauge only goes to 85.
On the coast in SoCal all my life.

But the way things are going here politically, I may have to join you.
Just don’t know if I could ever get my temp redline over 85; dry heat or not, no matter.
As for snow, forget about.

Maybe I will try to stick it out in the land of fruits and nuts just a bit longer.
Wish me luck.
gwstang and myfirstcar66 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page