Fantasy Football - Vintage Mustang Forums
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By Israel
  • 1 Post By Quicksilver66
  • 1 Post By DrHawkeye
  • 2 Post By 69Mallory

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Fantasy Football

You have the #1 pick this year, who are you taking Standard, Non-PPR league...

Got any sleepers or busts?

I think if I'm picking first I go McCaffery or maybe Barkley... I think the Scantling kid from GB is going to have a monster year. And I am personally not touching OBJ. To many issues and a 2nd year QB who teams have had all summer to figure out, I just don't like it...

New 69 Mustang Owner, Need All The Help I Can Get!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Iíve never understood the draw.

Im much too busy living my own life to get wrapped up in anything that is based off of the lives and activities of others.

My BFF is in a few different leagues and Iím embarrassed to be around him watching the NFL on tv,....heís going to have a stroke one day!
Grabber70Mach likes this.

Ex-wife,....."You drove how far for that thing?"
Daughter,..."Theres no inside and it stinks."
Friend,......."Dude, thatís a rusted pile."
Son,.........."This old car is cool."

USMC Security Forces, Kamiseya Japan, 0311

Build Thread: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...sted-pile.html
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:18 AM

I stopped watching football last year and itís honestly one of the best things Iíve done. My local team is awful and I hate their ownership with a fiery passion. But once the politics invaded the sport, it was no longer the refuge I sought from the day-to-day BS. I watched bits of two or three games and thatís it, used my Sundays for better things. Best thing was when my little girl came down while I was watching a game and asked if I would play with her. I didnít even give it a second though, turned off the TV and had a great afternoon with her. I won the football pool I was in two seasons ago and came in second the year before that. Didnít participate last year and donít plan to this year. Good luck in your pool!

1966 GT 2+2 - 347, Edelbrock carb, Tremec TKO 600 5 speed, 9Ē rear and a bunch of other cool stuff.

Follow me on Instacart

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:33 AM

Garage
Never understood the allure of fantasy sports.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 12:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHawkeye View Post
Never understood the allure of fantasy sports.
And most people don't understand the allure of old cars. Different strokes for different folks.

I've never been into the fantasy sports either, but joined a league over on Stangfix a couple years ago and it has been fun. I'm terrible at it and pick my favorite players rather than the best players. Oh well. Makes sundays a little more interesting (long suffering Lions fan).

69 Mach 1, 351W, T5, owned for 31 years, 03 Mach 1 Azure Blue, 65 fastback, 289, C4 (son's), 67 fastback, 289, C4 (wife's)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post
Iíve never understood the draw.

Im much too busy living my own life to get wrapped up in anything that is based off of the lives and activities of others.

My BFF is in a few different leagues and Iím embarrassed to be around him watching the NFL on tv,....heís going to have a stroke one day!
I get it. It's not for everyone. I do a league with 11 other guys I was in the Army with, we all got out over the past 10 years and went our separate ways, we have been doing the league so it's a great way to stay in contact with all them. I don't pay much attention to pro football (more of a college fan) but it keeps me connected to the guys and that's why I play every year.
Israel and Quicksilver66 like this.

New 69 Mustang Owner, Need All The Help I Can Get!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page