Star Wars? - Page 5 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 8Likes

post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 02:40 AM
Moderator Dude
Supporting Member

Thumbs Up May the Force be with you

My daughter reserved seats (just her and me) at one of those nice theaters with reclining seats. Yes reserved seats like at a baseball game. Very good movie, however I think there may a sequel to this one. We went Wednesday night at 9:30pm. On Friday the 18th we started watching the Star Wars movies from Episode I. We would be Wife, daughter and myself. Episodes I and II were on DVD, the rest were on VHS. The VHS were the original movies that were shown in the theaters, not the edited new release ones. So as of Dec 23 we had only got to episode IV. We finished up Saturday night, and on Sunday the wife and I went to see it. (Yes the second time for me) The wife was like "so what was all of the hipe about? I was not impressed with the movie."
Me I loved the movie! Stood in line at a theater in Denver when I was in tech school (USAF) to see the first one.

fd

Spoiler alert!

So is Leia Rey's aunt?

SoCal VMF'ers check out the SoCal Chapter
Why is it that those who drive slower than you are idiots and those that drive faster are maniacs? George Carlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordDude View Post
Me I loved the movie! Stood in line at a theater in Denver when I was in tech school (USAF) to see the first one.

fd
Were you at Lowry? I was at Lowry in 1984, although I was in the "Rocky Mountain Navy".
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 09:56 AM

Swmbo and myself went to see it last night. It was a good movie and has some nice surprises. What I want to know is: How in the he*ll does a little bitty red head swmbo manage to eat a large bag of popcorn with butter? I mean the whole thing in about 30 minutes. I reached over after awhile to get a handful and it was at the bottom of the bag. Just Wow!

post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 11:06 AM

Was at Lowry AFB Feb.77 to Nov. 77. USAF tech school.
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 11:00 PM
Moderator Dude
Supporting Member

Thumbs Up Small World

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhicks1969 View Post
Was at Lowry AFB Feb.77 to Nov. 77. USAF tech school.
DUDE! I was there the exact same time frame. 32232B Avionic Sensor Systems. Lackland 16DEC76 3706 BMTS

Ever see this ride at Lowery?

Looking for the pic that I cropped that from, but it is dated JUL77 so it was taken on the base.

One more thing I had a blue and white rope.

fd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GTCS Jul77aa.jpg (17.3 KB, 50 views)

SoCal VMF'ers check out the SoCal Chapter
Why is it that those who drive slower than you are idiots and those that drive faster are maniacs? George Carlin
post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 01:11 PM

I've seen it in three different states. I think I'm done for awhile now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

67 coupe with 5.0 and C4 (Viper GTS Blue, paint code PBE, since everybody asks)
69 Mach 1 428 SCJ drag pack
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 04:20 PM

Garage
Deb and I saw it today. All they did was re-create the 1977 movie with modern cinematic equipment. The acting was better and the mix of live action and CGI was OK, but it was the same story. Not worth the hype nor my time. This just might have turned me off of any future movies at the theater. I'm tired of sitting next to people that bathe in perfume, slurp their drinks, crunch food and crackle wrappers. Not to mention the idiots that bring crying babies to the movie. PPV or network from my own recliner will be much more enjoyable.

Yep, I've gotten old and crabby.

-Mark-

1966 Mustang 2+2

post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblueBP View Post
Deb and I saw it today. All they did was re-create the 1977 movie with modern cinematic equipment. The acting was better and the mix of live action and CGI was OK, but it was the same story. Not worth the hype nor my time. This just might have turned me off of any future movies at the theater. I'm tired of sitting next to people that bathe in perfume, slurp their drinks, crunch food and crackle wrappers. Not to mention the idiots that bring crying babies to the movie. PPV or network from my own recliner will be much more enjoyable.

Yep, I've gotten old and crabby.
They actually did a lot to MINIMIZE the CGI in this movie. Less computer animation and more people in costumes, models, etc. to be more like the originals.

That's why it looks waaaaay better than episodes 1-3.

It's been a while since I saw a movie in theater, but they do seem to be making the "experience" much nicer than in the past. MUCH better seats that are more comfortable, recline, and more room between people. Upgrades in picture and sound..... and my local theater has BEER and WINE!

1969 Mach 1 S-code 390. Factory PS PB A/C Auto FR500 wheels
1 of 9,000,000 Mustangs with the 4 wheel, 1 horn option
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 12:59 PM

I'm still trying to understand why it is "headline" news much a movie has made in ticket sales. I don't see where this helps impact my life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page