New Speeder's Trick? - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 4Likes

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 12:48 PM

I've driven through Texas, you hit a town every ten miles that has left turns off the highway. Maybe that has something to do with it. I've heard that in Mexico the middle lane is the "fast lane" for similar reasons, which might explain some cultural driving differences we seem to have here in Denver. I try not get too hot about it but left lane hogs tend to piss me off. I think off all the human traits, obliviousness is my most hated. And, if you drive enough, seems to be the most common.

1965 Mustang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ocious View Post
I was passed on I-40 by a new black mustang with a dashboard blue strobe light. It was not a law enforcement vehicle. He must have been going 120mph if I'm any judge, no kidding. When he reached a group of cars congested ahead he started juking left and right between them like a Formula 1 racer on the Mulsanne Straight. He wasn't even using the blue light then, he wasn't gonna wait for people to move over. I've seen some reckless driving before but nothing like this character was showing. It had a Georgia plate, but this was in North Carolina on I-40 east of Asheville. Total disregard for others.
So now the trick is to get yourself a blue light you can set on the dash to make people think you're a cop in a hurry?
this is who it was. she was in a hurry to get to AL Bundys shoe store. shoe betcha !

Nancy Pelosi?s high-security shoe-shopping trip - San Francisco Chronicle
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Full gallop this way --->
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifter2 View Post
this is who it was. she was in a hurry to get to AL Bundys shoe store. shoe betcha !

I'm confused. Is it Nancy Legosi or Bela Pelosi?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bela-Lugosi-.jpg (58.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg nancypelosipic7.jpg (16.8 KB, 4 views)
DetroitRefugee likes this.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifter2 View Post

That **** makes me sick. As if they are so "above" everyone. God forbid they hit a car or ran someone over...

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 07:11 PM

Maybe it was someone testing out their gear for an across the USA time record:

https://youtu.be/JxRLyiBs3XA

'65 Vert 289 Blue on Blue, White Top. PS/PB/C4 Auto
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Full gallop this way --->
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromoMotion View Post
Maybe it was someone testing out their gear for an across the USA time record:

https://youtu.be/JxRLyiBs3XA
That had occurred to me, maybe a modern day Cannonballer. It would have been right up that alley. "The Annual Cannonball Baker Sea-to-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash" (or whatever Brock Yates called it). Great fun unless you were a Jackrabbit in Texas, or so I've heard.

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ocious View Post
I'm confused. Is it Nancy Legosi or Bela Pelosi?
NEVER EVER insult Bela Legosi like that again or you will have to write " I will never insult Bela Legosi again " 100 times on a small sheet of paper.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 01:15 AM

Send a message via MSN to Blue Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
I just got back from a road trip on interstates across Utah and most of Colorado. Here's what I noticed.

If it's someone hanging out in the passing lane not passing anyone (despite signage that says not to) it's a Texas license plate.

If someone passes you and slows down in front of you or yo-yos with you for a hundred miles because they don't use cruise control, it's a California plate.

Considering these two states account for 41 million licensed drivers, there's a lot of stupid crapheads with no clue driving around this country.
Really?? By the same logic I guess everyone from Colorado is a pothead??

1995 GT Convertible - Laser Red - 331 stroker, Kenne Bell 2.2 - 415 RWHP 396 RWTQ
2002 Corvette Z06 - 410 RWHP 410 RWTQ
1968 Mustang Fastback .... Rustbucket slowly being reborn
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
I just got back from a road trip on interstates across Utah and most of Colorado. Here's what I noticed.

If it's someone hanging out in the passing lane not passing anyone (despite signage that says not to) it's a Texas license plate.
In the short amount of time that I lived in Colorado, I grew to really really dislike seeing Texas plates in front of me on the road. Guaranteed to be a terrible experience! Left lane hogging, no ability to drive mountainous roads at anything resembling a normal speed, arbitrary stopping in the weirdest places... awful. We would always roll our eyes every time we saw a Texas plate and when I moved south everyone told me I was going in the wrong direction.

I now live here in Texas and I must say, when EVERYONE is driving the same way, it's at least easier to drive. I still wonder why people sit in the left lane and why they stop in weird places, but because everyone does it I've kind of gotten used to it. Now I just use the right lane if I want to go fast, and I scoot around everyone who's going slow.

And yeah, the disregard for signs here is pretty unreal. Some places are just not signed well, but many places are over-signed and people still can't seem to pay attention to them. I have a picture of a truck passing under a highway marker with a big sign saying "NO TRUCKS LEFT LANE"... and yep, it's in the left lane. People also really have trouble understanding when their lane is going to end. Maybe yellow signs are hard to see because it's constantly so sunny here...?

At any rate, I actually do like Austin drivers. They drive slowly and very cautiously for the most part, and are usually pretty courteous about letting you get in their lane. Sometimes (frequently) that leads to issues with people merging. But I guess I'd rather people be slow and cautious than rocket down the road recklessly.

Calamity Jane 1966 Modified Fastback - Driven semi-daily!
Wrecked and rebuilt even better
289 v8, 4-speed, 3.25 9" rear, goodies and stuff.

See my travel blog here for my adventures: http://mapandamustang.blogspot.com/
Over 50,000 miles of North American roads driven on road trips since 2014. More always in the works - stay tuned!

When I show up at a car show and my car is covered in mud, it's probably because I drove 2000 miles to get there

Last edited by Kelly_H; 07-10-2016 at 03:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page