Let's take this to the next level.. - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

I had a great idea I think today...

What if we started a pipeline for the exchange of large parts like fenders rims seats etc.. maybe in an x pattern accross our region some of us could voleenter to move parts to the next location if we have enough people in a line agree to be drop off points then we could maybe get a part that someone may not ship to someone a few hundred miles away to a point where the new owner could drive to get it.. It would be very cool if it would work.. It would be slow, but effective as other mustang people would handle the part with care..

Thoughts??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 10:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to my69mach
Now I have a vehicle that can handle the large parts so it is a possibility.
I'm always driving from Indy to Detroit/Flint/Windsor so I have most of I-69 and part of I-94 covered if anyone needs anything.

69 mach 1 390, 4spd
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 11:12 AM
Jim

That sounds like a really cool idea. I'd be willing to do what I can to help.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Supporting Member

A new Pony Express. I like the idea.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

So maybe the first step would be to put up a sticky post get a list of drop off places for the "Pony express". compile a list and apply a list from end to end of the region post the drop off points and flow chart and general rules and wala we have a system. We could include Chicago in on this as well.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 01:23 PM
Supporting Member

Mike,

Sounds good. Write up a post with your ideas, asking for volunteers and their drop points. Maybe we should have a 75-mile radius for each "Rider". Do this and I will stick it to the top of the forum.

Thanks,

Mark

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

In looking at the map of the region it would have to be a big H a line running from the north tip of WI to the south tip of IL... Then a line running from Mid IL through mid IN to Mid OH... then a line running a line running from the north tip of MI to the south tip of OH just to keep it simple. I think a seller /buyer would be much more inclined to drive 2-3 hours to drop pick up a larg part vs a whole weekend.. Later if it works out we can ask other regions to be part of it..
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 06:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to 65fstbk
Sounds like a great idea to me..include me in if you need someone in the Toledo/Sandusky(Ohio) area for a drop-off / pick-up point...I have a couple trailers(a smaller one..4x8) that would be of good use from hauling "smaller" large items (motor..tranny..rear..etc) to a 17ft. tandem axel that I could use to haul a car on...(thats what mine came home from Columbus on)..A 3 hr drive would get me past Detroit to the north, and almost to Dayton to my south..and from east to west, I can get to Penn. or Indiana in approx 3 hrs also...LMK

Joe

The fastback is still quite a project..so...I now have the '51 "shoebox" to drive until the mustang is done...its next!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/362544/1
http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q30/51custom/?start=0
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 09:28 PM

I'm game. I can cover from just north of St. Johns, MI. clear down to Coldwater, and probably Howell to the East and Ionia to the west. I also have a large truck + many trailers at my disposal. Big barns for storage if not a continuous trip. Keep us posted. Ray

1969 Mach 1 Project AKA:NEVERENDING
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 09:54 AM

I would be game to help out. I am in Grand Rapids and would be willing to go 3 hours in any direction if that helps out. Let me know
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 12:06 AM

I'm in. I'm half way between Detroit and Toledo on I-75. Can't haul anything really big, but I'll do what I can
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Jim

I'm near Akron, Ohio. I can get to the PA boarder in and hour and to Mi in about 3 hours. I can also get to Columbus in about 2 hours. Count me in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page