Where is The Heartland??? - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Where is The Heartland???

Here we have a whole subforum dedicated to "The Heartland". I hear you even may have a moderator.

Curious thing is...I have no freaking idea where "The Heartland" even is....or if I'm in it, or next to it, or 1000 miles away from it. The listing for all boards shows the states included as Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Dakotas. Does that sound like the Heartland to you?

What do you guys think?

Phil

"Two barks means faster!" Enzo

Last edited by HoosierBuddy; 04-12-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 09:45 AM

Garage
The states of Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Wyoming are typically associated with "The Heartland"—all states of the former Louisiana territories, known then as New France. However, Indiana, Michigan, and Minnesota are often excluded, while Idaho, Nevada, and Utah are sometimes included as Heartland states, but this remains a matter of dispute over regions..... From Wiki

I'm in the center, so I guess that makes me a heartlander..... and you say we have our own subforum?? lol

Working on old cars teaches us patience... and every curse word imaginable!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 09:50 AM

Location: Formerly Sioux Falls, South Dakota - Now Silverhill, Alabama USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierBuddy View Post
Here we have a whole subforum dedicated to "The Heartland". I hear you even may have a moderator.

Curious thing is...I have no freaking idea where "The Heartland" even is....or if I'm in it, or next to it, or 1000 miles away from it. The listing for all boards shows the states included as Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Dakotas. Does that sound like the Heartland to you?

What do you guys think?

Phil
Living in one of the "Dakotas" (can't we get some separate love between the North & South? ) I would say those listed states pretty much cover it.

Naturally, my opinion, for what that's worth

John

John Goettsch

My First Mustang

Transformed 2017: (Thanks 22GT)
66 FB C Code Upgraded to HiPo+
Autolite 4100 1.12 - 4-Speed Toploader
3.55 True-Trac - Koni Adjustables
Z-Member - Arvinode Exhaust

66 FB C Code C4
Code U Tahoe Turquoise Metallic
White/Aqua Pony Interior

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 10:29 AM
Just some guy
Supporting Member

Garage
I always thought the Heartland list a little lacking, I'd go with the "New France" Wiki and add those states to the list. (cough, Moderator job, cough) Heartland sounds a lot better than flyover country. (I've lived in two of those states and was born in a third.)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 10:40 AM

It's all subjective. Heartland doesn't include Louisiana, in my opinion. My thoughts: It's the center of the U.S. (east-west) states but not states on the ocean (that's why TX, MS and LA are out). Not that my opinion really matters.

I'm from Nebraska, but I travel the U.S. a lot and think there's a different mentality in that part of the country. I love different regions of the U.S. so don't hear me say that the Heartland people are right vs. others being wrong. It's also becoming more and more diverse. For instance, the Denver, CO area (and front range) is not the same as the rest of Colorado. So what does it really matter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page