Vintage Mustang Forums banner

MidWest Ford Fest @ KCIR. August 29th

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  67shelby 
#1 ·
I'll be there showing! But I want some others to show up as well. I don't want to be there by myself all day.

I may even race in the show car class too.... :shrug:

http://midwestfordfest.com/

The midwest’s fastest-growing Ford event returns to the Kansas City International Raceway (KCIR) on Satuday, August 29th, 2009.. The Midwest Ford Fest includes a drag race, car show, & swap meet, and is the only Ford event where ANY car with a Ford engine OR a Ford body is welcome! So all you Ford street rod guys with the Brand-X power – Bring ‘Em Out!

The 2009 Midwest Ford Fest also is host to the first-ever reunion for the Dominator Mustangs, as well as the 2nd Annual Twister Special Reunion – where Twister Special Mustangs, Torinos, and Rancheros, will return to the spot where it all began – KCIR. And you’ll get to see the brand-new Dominator Mustangs, being built by Midwest Ford Fest sponsor R&A Motorsports!

We welcome Midway Ford as the title sponsor of the event this year. We sincerely thank them for their support, and encourage anyone who may be shopping for a new Ford vehcile to stop by Midway Ford.

Car Show
10:00 AM – 12:00 Noon: Registration
12:00 Noon – 2:00 PM: Popular vote judging - show cars must be in place.
2:00 PM - 2:30 PM: Show car time trials for those show cars who want to race.
3:00 PM: Award ceremony

Drag Race
10:00 AM – Tech opens
10:45 AM - Drivers meeting
11:00 AM – 2:00 PM: Time trials
12:30 PM - Tech closes
2:00 PM - 2:30 PM: Time trials for show cars only
2:30 PM - 3:00 PM: Intermission for track prep
3:00 PM – 3:30 PM: Intermission for car show awards
3:30 PM: Eliminations begin

Gates Close: 10:00 PM
We've added more than 20 new show classes for 2009 - nearly tripling the number of classes from previous years! Tents will NOT be allowed in the show car field, but there will be a designated area next to the show field, and in the grass, where tents may be put up. All tents MUST be properly anchored down.

Particpant-Judged Awards to:

Best Ford-Powered Best Cobra Replica Best Mustang – Early (1965-1970)
Best Ford Truck Best Cobra – Original Best Mustang – Mid (1971-1993)
Best Galaxie Best Thunderbird Best Mustang – Late (1994-present)
Best Lincoln / Mercury Best Mercury Cougar Best Original Shelby Mustang - Early (1965-1970) - No clones. Best Falcon Best Fairlane Best Original Shelby Mustang - Late (2007-2010) - No clones.
Best Restored Best T-Bucket Best Hot Rod / Street Rod (pre-'59 custom vehicles)
Best Survivor Best Paint Best Special Interest Ford (Pantera, Sunbeam Tiger, etc)
Best Engine Best Interior Top 25

Sponsor-Judged Awards To:

Best of Show Boss Mustang Dominator Mustangs Twister Specials

Awards: Trophies will be presented to Best of Show, all class winners, and Top 25 overall in participant judged classes.
Boss Mustang, Dominator Mustang, and Twister Specials classes will have awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
So, anyone else going??

#4 ·
$250 cash should do it or find me that darn original hood trim support that I can't find.

Trying to line out my options for Saturday. May just have to drag my laptop with me in case I get paged. I guess the worst thing that could happen is that I will have to leave.

I guess we could meet up in the parking lot of Johnny's Tavern/Family Leasure/Watson's at Ridgeview and K-10.

#8 ·
I'm going to try and go out. Not sure what I'll drive, but the Shelby is out of commission with a pin hole leak in the radiator and I haven't had time to take it out yet.

So either Re-do Blue or the Mach 1. If I do bring the Mach, I'll run it down the strip.

See you there....

#12 ·
I would like to be there, but I am in Ft. Knox, KY today for work and I'm heading up to Indianapolis for the MotoGP races this weekend.

#15 ·
Well, how was it??? :shrug:

#16 ·
Results from Saturday.

Jeremy and I both did not pass the tech inspection to run down the track. Something about us both missing two nuts (but we had plenty of brains).

What really sealed the deal for us (helped us make up our minds) was when a nice 1971 Boss 351 went down the track and grenaded its rear end about 3/4 down the track. Closed the track for 45 mintues to clean up the mess.

Kind of regretted not running down the track but I figured my major accomplishment was driving the car the 40 miles each way.

Jeremy's Dad (he has a 28 Model A hot rod) and I both scored Top 25 trophies out of all the cars there.

Jeremy's hawk turned out to be a skunk for him. Sorry.

Loren had re-do blue there and Tony his sweet 65 K car.

Seeing Tony's car keeps me wanting to trade the Mach 1 for a road course car.

Battery is going in the laptop.

Later.

#17 ·
Re-do Blue got "Best Restored". Most of the older cars were restored, but resto-modded. Redo was the only concours car there that I saw...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.