sniper and dual synch dist? - Vintage Mustang Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By gwstang

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

sniper and dual synch dist?

I have the Holley Sniper on and decided to go with the Holley dual sync distributor...nothing cheap about it either. I got it running with an older HEI dist. that I had left over from another project. It doesn't run well at idle/light throttle. Hauls butt when I kick it hard, though. I think there is just too much RFI with the HEI dist. If I had known that I would have to spend this much money to get the sniper going good, I would have just stepped up to the Terminator efi instead. It can be run with an older TFI dist. I think I will let the Sniper do the dist. timing but I do have an Al6 cdi box that I want to wire in after the latter. Anyone running this setup? I would like to know if I will run into any crazy problems with this. It's frustrating to have problems with the $999. Sniper and then have to spend another $400 on their distributor. I have watched the video on the dual sync setup. It's kind of crazy to have to set the dist. at 50 deg. BTDC just to start with...

I really think that Holley could have done a much better job of shielding the Sniper from RFI interference. Duh! I'll drop the new dist. in this weekend and maybe I can help anyone else that needs info after this on the Sniper setup. Kind of neat to be able to "Program" the efi setup. Will go to a much bigger cam eventually than the original 5.0 HO engine cam. Roller cams are not cheap either! Damn, is there anything cheap about Mustangs and Motors? Mustang and engines = $$$$$$$$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 10:35 PM

Garage
So i am close to firing my set-up. Sniper with MSD billet 2 wire dizzy. I am running an MSD coil and the Holley coil driver...i am ditching the 6AL CD box. Running a phased rotor as well per Holley.

I was going to run the Holley dizzy but my local Holley distributor said it was a waste when I already had the MSD. He has set up a dozen or more installs like mine with great results.

You need to follow the directions carefully and if your wiring is sub-par, nothing is going to run right. Did you watch this video?

Will see if all my direction following leads to success! :-)

-- Mike

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. Yes, I have watched that several times. There is also another guy with Holley that does a video along that line. I'm just trying to get this finished and running right for the spring/summer season. SWMBO is starting to give me funny looks, like I have gone a little Manic on this project. Some guys (professional mechanics that have done videos on the sniper install) said they like to use the cdi box along with the dual sync and sniper. It gives "millions of volts" for more spark for go fast stuff....lol Yeah right! It's sort a case of I've got it and I am damn well going to use it since I've paid for it (cdi Al6).
67Modcoupe likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page