For those wanting a Voodoo - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 21Likes

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingky View Post
I can just imagine the phone call I would get from my wife when she got an email about a $20,000 charge on our Visa. The conversation would NOT be fun.
Hahahaha! I can relate. I entered a bid on an ERA Cobra on BAT (Tinder for gearheads) without telling my wife, and within 5 minutes I got a phone call asking "What'd you buy for $4,000?!" It seems they put a hold (which showed up as a charge) on my credit card for their fee (10% of the bid price) - I didn't know they did that. If I won the car for that price, it would have been a great deal, but next time I'll bid in the last minute of the auction. That way I only need to have a difficult conversation IF I get a great deal. It might be easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Huntingky and Quicksilver66 like this.

69 Cutlass Convertible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth66 View Post
Hahahaha! I can relate. I entered a bid on an ERA Cobra on BAT (Tinder for gearheads) without telling my wife, and within 5 minutes I got a phone call asking "What'd you buy for $4,000?!" It seems they put a hold (which showed up as a charge) on my credit card for their fee (10% of the bid price) - I didn't know they did that. If I won the car for that price, it would have been a great deal, but next time I'll bid in the last minute of the auction. That way I only need to have a difficult conversation IF I get a great deal. It might be easier to get forgiveness than permission.
I can just hear the stammering and feel the lump in the throat! ha ha

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:18 PM

Garage
Instead of the Voodoo, consider the 5.2L XS Aluminator crate motor. List is $20K, but resellers have them for around $17K. 580 HP out of the box for those who want a Coyote on steroids. You give up the howl of the flat plane crank, but with more HP and torque. I believe the engine in the new GT500 is essentially a built for boost version of this engine.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-A52XS

The crate motor does not include the controls pack nor the accessory drive, alternator, AC compressor, etc. So when all done, you are back at $20K. I am seeing these crate motors being put in Factory Five Cobras and Daytonas by a few builders. Still lots of money, but if you have it, not a bad way to spend it.
Huntingky likes this.

Alan
1970 Mach 1 Coyote powered restomod in progress. Started 10/2016.
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/bu...mod-build.html
2017 Mustang GT AT donor purchased 9/2017.
FFR MK4 sold 3/1/2018.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth66 View Post
In my case that would have probably included blood...

It sucks to get old but at least the expectations are lower. 65 mustang coupe, 306, 10.4 compression, 180cc homeported Chinese heads, funnel web, t5z, 4.56 gears in a 9 inch locker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page