post #1247 of 1297 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 10:12 AM

Thanks.
Helpful.
Likely will start and document this next week

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
post #1248 of 1297 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blu View Post
By using the default or fail safe it is minimal assist. They are going to give you the amount of assist for hiway speeds which is not much.

If you can control the assist like the Bruno box and turn it to full assist at hiway speed it is scary and difficult to control. This is why the fail safe is set low level so it is safe at higher speeds.

I like the fact that I have control over the amount of assist. I usually have it set to a low amount, but have the option of turning it up when parking or wheeling in tight quarters.
from what I've seen of videos where people are using the prius EPS, they've been able to turn the steering wheel while the car is parked with 1 finger. That is fine with me! My biggest complaint with my thunderbird and 18in tires is having to muscle it around on my tiny street and then pull it into my driver and park it inside my garage that's just barely big enough for the car on its own. I don't really care about power steering as much when the car is moving along at a decent speed.

in any case, I ordered 1 of Bruno's automatic controller kits for the Saturn Vue, if I do need to go that route. It's been a while since I looked at the Saturn Vue stuff..it's nice to see that he's upgraded his line of kits!

for anyone interested, here's the kit I picked up: https://www.ebay.com/itm/142463173598

post #1249 of 1297 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 02:00 PM

Just picking up my Vue column today.
$100 all in.
Will be starting in this journey......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
msh-r and strtcar like this.
post #1250 of 1297 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 06:16 PM

Anyone tried this harness?
They are listed kn eBay for $125.
Thatís more than I paid for the column!! Lol

post #1251 of 1297 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 06:51 PM

Wow 1250 posts, wonder what the record is, my install was around 50, who knew. As for the question posed, i would want the option to adjust also, at least to set it to my tastes, otherwise I would just go with the original Bruno box. Its easy to reach down and dial it up or down, I donít change it much. If Bruno is the maker, his unit has performed flawlessly for two years and counting

Heavy Metal Thunder Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3L_O7N_xs
post #1252 of 1297 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrostang View Post
Wow 1250 posts, wonder what the record is, my install was around 50, who knew. As for the question posed, i would want the option to adjust also, at least to set it to my tastes, otherwise I would just go with the original Bruno box. Its easy to reach down and dial it up or down, I donít change it much. If Bruno is the maker, his unit has performed flawlessly for two years and counting

I've driven mine for about two years with the Bruno controller as well. I set it two years ago and haven't touched it since. I have mine set pretty low, maybe 20% from the bottom?

Speed sensitive doesn't really seem worth more money, I haven't noticed any situation where I thought that would be needed.
post #1253 of 1297 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copracr View Post
I've driven mine for about two years with the Bruno controller as well. I set it two years ago and haven't touched it since. I have mine set pretty low, maybe 20% from the bottom?

Speed sensitive doesn't really seem worth more money, I haven't noticed any situation where I thought that would be needed.

Good feedback... ordering my controller now.

msh-r likes this.
post #1254 of 1297 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrostang View Post

Do you have a pic of where you installed the adjustment knob for the Bruno box? I can't decide how/where I want to mount that. Looking for good ideas.
post #1255 of 1297 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 10:25 AM

I'll get a pic later, too lazy now, its right next to the steering column facing downward under the dash. The hole was already there for some reason. I ground the flange of the knob off so it was shorter and less obtrusive. You can't really see it sitting in the seats but its easy to find. Hell it was easier to take the photo than describe it... Its there under the ignition switch facing downward. From this angle it looks like its under the cigarette lighter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Small.jpg (151.3 KB, 15 views)
Ford.P51 likes this.

Heavy Metal Thunder Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3L_O7N_xs
post #1256 of 1297 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 10:32 AM

When I did this in my Falcon,I used the lighter socket to hide the potentiometer. Modified the housing to hold it and drilled out the knob to fit the shaft of the pot. I've had to disconnect it recently.I think one of the torque sensors crapped out. On getting assist to the left....
post #1257 of 1297 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 10:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford.P51 View Post
Do you have a pic of where you installed the adjustment knob for the Bruno box? I can't decide how/where I want to mount that. Looking for good ideas.
Mine is a 68. I just opened up one of the existing holes and mounted it as shown. I also cut down the shaft so it didn't protrude down that far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rheostat1.jpg (468.8 KB, 5 views)
kechke and Ford.P51 like this.
post #1258 of 1297 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 11:35 AM

I put mine on the steering column for ease of access. The pot that Bruno supplied was too big so I had a smaller one that would fit.
At car shows every one looks at the thing and questions "what the heck is that thing for"
Some day I will make a knob that is less obvious.

68Hildago likes this.

Modified 68 Mustang convertible, 331,AOD, EPAS, MCA Red Grille Medallion, driven class. 2014 MCA Pinnacle Award
05 Mustang, MCA Grand National Gold (sold)
post #1259 of 1297 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 02:33 PM

I hid mine in the cigarette lighter location was well. I had to cut the stem of the rheostat down a little, but compared to cutting my stab-o-spear steering column, no big deal.

+1 on the bruno box, 3+ years.
68Hildago likes this.

'67 Coupe, 347 w/ Holley Terminator EFI
AOD w/ B&M short Megashifter
EPAS w/ Bruno Box
Shelby Drop, 17" Replica's

Last edited by bacchus203; 09-21-2018 at 02:44 PM.
post #1260 of 1297 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 09:54 PM

epowersteering.com sells the auto for $100
Automatic EPS Controller ? Saturn Vue/Chevy Equinox units ? ePowerSteering.com

Jeff
1967 Mustang 302/3 Speed Build - SOLD
1965 Coupe/Fastback Conversion
1955 F100
2017 Dodge Challenger GT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page