New Mustang owner - Vintage Mustang Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Treozen

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

New Mustang owner

Hello all, just introducing myself (and my car) after snooping around the forum for a while.

I just bought a 1969 Mustang Grande - Its my favorite year of Mustang and I'm looking forward to putting my own touches on on the car. I've been "into" classic cars now for a long time, but for whatever reason, never owned a Mustang, now that oversight is rectified. I've owned Fords before, ('63 T-Bird) but most of my experience is with the GM / Chevy side - though I don't play favorites, they're all cool cars in my opinion. I'm the third owner.

My '69 Grande has 110K on the 351 2V Windsor with auto transmission, AC, Power Brakes, Power Steering, front disks, shoulder belts and 3.00:1 rear axle. She was assembled in Metuchen on the 8th of November, painted in Black Jade with white vinyl top.

New wheels and tires are on the way - those on there now are 25 years old!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190630_202350.jpg (902.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20190627_173057.jpg (880.8 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 12:49 AM

Welcome to the forum Treozen. The mustang side is very addictive. Your Grande is very nice. I like the white top. Speaking of, thereís an active thread about white tops. Iím in the process of getting a 69 ready for paint which is an original black jade car. Maybe you can help me with a question? Iíve noticed a lot of black jade cars picture looking near black online, guess depending on lighting. I wonder if in person, do they appear black at times or do they present as black jade? Cmon in and enjoy the rides.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironstang View Post
Your Grande is very nice. I like the white top......

...................Iím in the process of getting a 69 ready for paint which is an original black jade car. Maybe you can help me with a question? Iíve noticed a lot of black jade cars picture looking near black online, guess depending on lighting. I wonder if in person, do they appear black at times or do they present as black jade? Cmon in and enjoy the rides.

Thanks -wasn't sure I'd like the white top, but it has grown on me.

As for Black Jade - you'd never mistake it for black up close, within 20 feet its identifiable as "not black" but it is highly light dependent. If its cloudy (as it was when I took my pictures) its actually hard to get the green to come out in the image, though in person you can tell the difference. From certain angles, the green fades off to "a black" but if you had a true black car side by side, you'd notice a difference. Its a great color, IMHO, and in most lights its a really nice "racing green" - not in your face, not shouty, but it has an allure that suggests perhaps understated menace.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 03:19 AM

Thanks for that description, helps me understand the color some more. Now Iím curious what seat color is in your Grande, guessing black or dark ivy
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Hi, how ya doin?

Garage
Treozen, welcome to VMF. Good luyck with your 69.

2000 Ranger 4X4 (my DD)
1999 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
2008 Escape (spare)
1969 Mustang Coupe (project)
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom (wife's toy)
Build thread; http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html
AKA; mike65, member here since 12/00.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 06:46 PM

Garage
Grande

That is a fine looking machine.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 09:41 PM

Very nice! Take some more pics on a bright sunny day.
Hope you didn't choose TTD's

Verbose Vocabularian
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks for that description, helps me understand the color some more. Now Iím curious what seat color is in your Grande, guessing black or dark ivy

Yes, black, although the interior was redone and the original cloth inserts are now a sort of braided vinyl pattern - looks good, but not an exact reproduction of the Grande interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG69 View Post
Treozen, welcome to VMF. Good luyck with your 69.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhenry1 View Post
That is a fine looking machine.

Thanks guys, looking forward to an actual drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofAMillion+ View Post
Very nice! Take some more pics on a bright sunny day.
Hope you didn't choose TTD's

lol, No, no torque thrusts for me.... too "Bullet car" for me. No, I went WAY OUT on a limb and got some Magnum 500's .....really stretching the status quo....
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 12:09 AM

Garage
Nice!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Iím in the process of getting a 69 ready for paint which is an original black jade car. Maybe you can help me with a question? Iíve noticed a lot of black jade cars picture looking near black online, guess depending on lighting. I wonder if in person, do they appear black at times or do they present as black jade?

Thought I'd follow-up, now that the sun has decided to show up here in Washington. I took a few shots of shade and sun, and tried to get good angles where you can see the "fade" though as you'll notice, you'd never mistake Black Jade for "black" in the direct sun.....

First up, two shots of "the fade" note that the hood might be mistaken for black, but the side is clearly a nice jade color.

Then, two shots of the "shade" side. It could be taken for black, unless you had a black car sitting alongside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crop 4.jpg (688.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg crop1.jpg (540.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg crop 2.jpg (784.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg crop 3.jpg (529.1 KB, 3 views)
1ofAMillion+ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page