Looking for a special car - Vintage Mustang Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By clough
  • 1 Post By gotstang

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Looking for a special car

I'm currently trying to find a near and dear vehicle to our family. This is a long shot.. My brother and I are looking for a 65 mustang fastback.

This mustang was my grandfather's pride and joy. He restored it from the ground up and stuffing a 351 cleveland modified out of a later model boss.

Upon my grandparents retirement, they decided they needed a camper more than they needed the mustang. So up the mustang went for sale. My father was offered the car first, but needing to get his two kids through college, he regretfully declined. Now that his sons are grown, out of the house, and no longer expenses for him, he mentioned he'd love to restore a 65 fastback like dad's. My brother and I are hoping to take it one step further and actually find grandpas old mustang.

We live in central Illinois, and to my knowledge, the mustang was purchased from someone in/around the Boston area. He hired a car hauler to haul it to him. It would have been about 12 to 15 years ago.

My brother and I are in the early searching stages right now and any kind of help would greatly be appreciated. We're trying to locate some more specifics, but that's been a struggle since my grandparents never really kept on to anything like that, other than a couple pictures.. Were willing to drive across country to make this happen, just to see it. Purchasing would be preferred, if the owner is willing to part for the right price.

Any positive leads on this mustang may result in a reward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Here is a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190318_132038_1553227429212.jpg (199.1 KB, 12 views)
Huntingky likes this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 12:10 AM

Welcome to VMF and good luck with your search!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clough View Post
I'm currently trying to find a near and dear vehicle to our family. This is a long shot.. My brother and I are looking for a 65 mustang fastback.

This mustang was my grandfather's pride and joy. He restored it from the ground up and stuffing a 351 cleveland modified out of a later model boss.

Upon my grandparents retirement, they decided they needed a camper more than they needed the mustang. So up the mustang went for sale. My father was offered the car first, but needing to get his two kids through college, he regretfully declined. Now that his sons are grown, out of the house, and no longer expenses for him, he mentioned he'd love to restore a 65 fastback like dad's. My brother and I are hoping to take it one step further and actually find grandpas old mustang.

We live in central Illinois, and to my knowledge, the mustang was purchased from someone in/around the Boston area. He hired a car hauler to haul it to him. It would have been about 12 to 15 years ago.

My brother and I are in the early searching stages right now and any kind of help would greatly be appreciated. We're trying to locate some more specifics, but that's been a struggle since my grandparents never really kept on to anything like that, other than a couple pictures.. Were willing to drive across country to make this happen, just to see it. Purchasing would be preferred, if the owner is willing to part for the right price.

Any positive leads on this mustang may result in a reward.
Hello,
You might try sending an email to MOM(Mustangs Of Massachusetts) to see if they can help. They are a big group and might be able help. I hope you find your car.

1969 Mustang Convertible
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Ok thanks. We found the vin and ran a report. The car is titled in Maryland. So at least we got it narrowed to a state so now is the search for the owner. At least we know it’s not been junked and that it’s sitting somewhere.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clough View Post
Ok thanks. We found the vin and ran a report. The car is titled in Maryland. So at least we got it narrowed to a state so now is the search for the owner. At least we know it’s not been junked and that it’s sitting somewhere.
That almost looks like dodgestang's car. i think he lives in/near MD
Huntingky likes this.

1966 Coupe
Cobra 5.0L & AOD swap? T5z swap? C4? Powerglide? I can't decide!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

I looked at his YouTube I don’t think it is it but I have messaged him. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page