Finish project or part it out - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-19-2003, 07:32 AM

Hi to all VMFers,
I am a seroius stang nut like most of you.I have owned mustangs for the last 20 years. I am considering backing out of the hobby. I need a little help deciding this issue. I own a 69 Mach 1 390 w/ shaker under resto. Car was an original #s matching built in NJ. Have build sheet and all tags from factory. All body work is complete awaiting paint. Have all finish hardware from AMK. Have all finish chrome trim new NOS. Has all suspention new Not NOS. from Laurrel Mt parts, Engine and tranny still original factory condition( showing factory markings), original interior(needs covers), All original glass except wind shield. Engine compartment detail back to it original dripping form. Heres my problem I have no time left to finish this car. My family of 5 is geeting older and requiring much more of my time as well as my finances. How would I go about getting the max amount of $ invested back? 1- Do I part it all out and sell all parts individually , 2- Do I quicky paint it and sell the shell seperate from all other parts , 3 - Do I finish it less the interior, less motor, tranny rebiuld. This Mach1 was my show project. I have far too much time to even try to recoup that $ but want the max out of the car it self. ( Also have complete 69 coupe L code 68K original neads work but not rusted badly) &many parts for the 69 model mustang all grades ( Great for the drivers) Any help would be Appriecated thanks
Joe T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 11:21 PM

Post this in the main Forum. You will get more answers there. I would hate to see this car get parted out. I hope you decide to sell it to someone who will finish the project. Good luck.

Justin Nast Acoustic

1965 Six Cylinder Coupe
1953 Buick Super

Inline Six Exhaust Clips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page