Body shop in South shore - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Looking for a body shop here around the Braintree area that can do some sheetmetal work.Can anyone recomend one that does good work at reasonable prices?Am looking to probably do some rails and floors to begin with.Any help would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 09:20 PM
White Elephant Guy
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to obsidianspider Send a message via Yahoo to obsidianspider Send a message via Skype™ to obsidianspider
What state are you in?

Todd Dietrich - '66 T-Code Fastback, '14 GT Premium Track Pack w/Recaros
VMF Facebook Group
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 10:35 PM

I also live on the South Shore and gotta tell ya it is not easy to find someone willing to do this work now a days. I have sold my last car and bought this one just for the fact of not being able to get someone to do the floor boards for 3 years. People will say they will do it and then you bring it to them and it sits there and nothing gets done. I wish you luck and hope you find someone.

Joe
66 Hardtop

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

The state is Massachusetts
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

I heard that in Brockton Modern Auto does good work is that true?You see I hear a lot of things just want to confirm some of them.Who did you go thru that your car sat there for months? Just want to know to make sure I dont go thru that.
Thanks 4 the help.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 08:51 PM

I don't know these guys... but they seem to be worth checking out. They've got videos of their work online.

Greenville Auto Welding - Jamestown RI...

http://home.comcast.net/~stangg/vmf/stangg_516_1_sig.jpg>'68 Highland Green fastback clone. 331 EFI, AFR heads, tube chassis, Cobra brakes, Fox rack & pinion steering,T5z, 8.8" Auburn limited slip w/ 3.27:1 rear gears, triangulated 4 link, QA1 coil overs, run once in the 1/4: 13.3 @ 107.5
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 09:50 PM

Not too sure about Modern Autobody as far as that goes. I thought they were really just for newer cars and insurance deals. There have been several people in my past such as Factory Collision in Weymouth and several personal side work people that have done the same thing to me. As a matter of fact my 65 convertible sat at Factory Collision for almost three years! By then it was further gone to the point I sold itand bought another 65 that needed floors and so the story goes on. I really hope you have luck getting this done. I will ask around the car club I belong to and see if anyone there has any ideas. Send me a PM with your name and number and I will get in touch with you and get your exact needs and see what I can find out.

Joe
66 Hardtop
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Joe email me at [email protected]
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

How did you hear about them?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 09:52 PM

Just stumbled upon them while surfing the net looking for info on converting a coupe to a fastback about 18 months ago. If their videos truly represent their capabilities then it seems to me they would be a good shop to check out.

http://home.comcast.net/~stangg/vmf/stangg_516_1_sig.jpg>'68 Highland Green fastback clone. 331 EFI, AFR heads, tube chassis, Cobra brakes, Fox rack & pinion steering,T5z, 8.8" Auburn limited slip w/ 3.27:1 rear gears, triangulated 4 link, QA1 coil overs, run once in the 1/4: 13.3 @ 107.5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page