CT VMFers? - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

CT VMFers?

Looks pretty quiet in here... does the northeast just eat up too many fragile old Mustangs?

I am relocating to north-central CT this summer and would be interested in connecting with any vintage Ford types there - Tolland County, more or less. Besides my family, two Great Danes and way too much household stuff, I'm bringing my 68 C-coupe, which has been delayed in the early stages of reassembly for several years - body, engine, tranny, suspension etc. are all done or acquired, just need to glue tab A into slot A a few thousand times. Some experienced help reassembling the doors would be a treat...

The Mustang will be a non-winter car, of course, but I'm also bringing a summer-only beastie, my 65 ERA 427SC. I have a few connex with fellow Cobra owners in the area but any in here are free to jump up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 09:09 PM

I am over here in eastern CT I Belong to a mustang club over here. I have a 66 vert GT. Just picked up another vert a 66 original red with black pony C code . Mustangs unlimited shelby show is may 15th that should be a good time and there should be allot of mustang guys also.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 10:02 PM

It is quiet in the northeast. There are several members in CT. I can't think of most of their names now of course. I think stang32 is in Danbury. Teebone is down near the Sound I believe, though he is in the process of moving down south. I can think of 2 or 3 others but names are escaping me right now.

Carl (NY)

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 08:41 AM

yup, thats me, Iam in danbury, I have not found any other vmf'ers in my area in the 3 years I have been here.

I get a little tired of having to say" do you come here often"
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 AM

Welcome, Max68, from Middletown.

Steve

64 1/2 D code 5 speed Coupe
07 GT 5 speed Vert
11 V6 auto Vert

Plus 9 more that I no longer own!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 05:44 PM

Still here in Newtown

Welcome.

1973 Mustang Convertible

Last edited by TommyK; 04-28-2011 at 05:48 PM.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 08:55 AM

Garage
Still in Killingworth...

Tolland County is a hop, skip and a jump from Mustangs Unlimited in Manchester. Careful with your wallet there....

-

"We've always done it that way" - the most dangerous words ever spoken

71 Mach 1
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 05:35 PM

I am looking for a mentor to help me with some issues on a 68 in the northwest corner. Torrington / Winsted area.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 10:21 AM

I'm here in North Central CT. And yes, Hemikiller is right about Mustangs Unlimited being too close. It's actually a double edge sword in that you can get anything you want anytime without waiting for shipping, but it's certainly a drain on the wallet!

Shawn
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Well, we're here. Glad to make it out of California before the 100 degree weather hit... nyah, nyah.

I'm not worried about having MU so close, as I used to live a matter of blocks from Sacramento Mustang and two smaller Mustang shops. Now, of course, I'm just a short highway jaunt from where the Cobra was built, which makes the wife nervous...

Anyone want to connect up, drop me a ping here or email through my profile.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 07:55 PM

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 10:26 AM

marks cruise

How many mustangs turn out for the cruise? I would be coming from RI so it would be a pretty good ride.
Dave
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 10:46 AM

http://www.markscruisenight.com/special.html

I went down last year on Mustang night and there were about 700 cars with about 175 Mustangs. I have only gone once so far this year and there was just over 625 cars. It all depends on the days weather. I heard the last two cruises there were just over 800 cars. The field opens up at 5:00 P.M. If you get there right around 5:00 you can get something to eat and sit down and watch and listen to all the cars driving in. All of the cars come in one entrance between a whole bunch of picnic tables and bleachers. If there is a particular club being recognized that night they all park in one area otherwise vehicles are parked in the order they arrive. It is a well run and well organized cruise
It has to be with as many vehicles as there are.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 04:06 PM

Garage
Really have to check out Mark's one of these nights. I've always heard it was a good one.

If you guys ever want to do a VMF get together, a couple friends of mine run the cruise at BK on the Berlin Turnpike Saturday nites. If I know how many were going to attend I could see if they would save us some spots.

"We've always done it that way" - the most dangerous words ever spoken

71 Mach 1
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 01:00 PM

Here Here. NorthEastern CT. I live in Canterbury CT and am looking to have my '67 Vert put back together by Spring 2012. Looking to cruise as much as possible.

If at first you don't succeed, buy another Mustang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page