Vintage Mustang Forums

Vintage Mustang Forums (https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/)
-   Northern California VMFers (https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/northern-california-vmfers/)
-   -   Hey all. I've been absent for awhile and am back. (https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/northern-california-vmfers/1159844-hey-all-ive-been-absent-awhile-am-back.html)

kketell 06-29-2019 07:10 PM

Hey all. I've been absent for awhile and am back.

I was give a directive by my wife recently. I am to get the pony back on the road.

Tires and wheels showed up a couple of days ago. Automotive stealth gas tank showed up yesterday.

Anybody interested in my slightly used fuel cell?

I will be selling of lots of parts. I have to build a list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c6fastback 06-29-2019 10:04 PM

Welcome back . Good wife to want the mustang running .

69GT350H 06-30-2019 08:29 AM

So your not new, but many of us are to you. Mind showing us what your working on?

kketell 06-30-2019 01:17 PM

Ya know, I'd love to, but I literally lost all of my photos and my web site. It's a long story, and more than a little embarrassing.

I'll dig around and see what I have left, but there is not much.

kketell 06-30-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kketell (Post 10189824)
I'll dig around and see what I have left

Well... that was useful. Thanks for the nudge.

I have found the files for my old website. Now I just need to put them up somewhere.

Smoguy65 07-03-2019 05:07 PM

Kent!! Good to hear from you man! I’ve been off VMF for a while too, guess we were thinking the same thing. Looking forward to seeing your fastback on the road again. I forget, are you still running that gorgeous ITB setup or switched to a more conventional EFI manifold?

kketell 07-03-2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoguy65 (Post 10192174)
are you still running that gorgeous ITB setup or switched to a more conventional EFI manifold?

Changing it. The Imagine unit is pretty, but it has been problematic over the years. I am going with the Borla setup this time, with the Fast eztune2 ECU.

I'll post pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russstang 07-03-2019 09:14 PM

Kent, long time no chat. Iíve been away for 20 years myself. I still have lots of parts you gave me a few decades ago, now youíre back getting rid of more.

kketell 07-03-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russstang (Post 10192388)
... now youíre back getting rid of more.

Yep. Do you need anything?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russstang 07-03-2019 09:20 PM

Only if you have a set of headers guaranteed to fit a 5.0 with no clearance issues....thatís a joke, by the way. Welcome back.

kketell 07-03-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russstang (Post 10192402)
Only if you have a set of headers guaranteed to fit a 5.0 with no clearance issues

I do, but they are staying on the car [emoji3]

Thanks for the welcome.

Russstang 07-03-2019 09:30 PM

Well then, just for curiosityís sake, what kind are they and how do they fit?

kketell 07-03-2019 09:36 PM

Hey all. I've been absent for awhile and am back.

FPA long tubes. Fit is excellent. They tuck up perfectly... Can't really see them when looking from the side.

This is the first set of this style he had made, and we went back and forth to get them perfect. Speed the back and forth tracked with blue take and notes until they were perfect, at which point he fined l finisher them off and coated them. Now they are a standard part number.

If you end up with raise-port heads, these are pretty much perfect.

Mind you, I do not have a z-bar, so cannot say much about clearance in that regard.

665spd 07-03-2019 11:30 PM

Welcome back and great car. I'm in Fla. but have a place near Sac, so I look in on the Northern Cali guys!

SacBill 09-02-2019 12:57 AM

My goodness, Kent, that is long time no see!!! Hope you and your family are well!