racing - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone know the drag racing shedule at the monroe fairgrounds? or how to get the drag racing rules?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 04:40 PM

Unless there has been a change that I don't know about they don't do any drag racing at Monroe. Its just a oval track. You need to either get in touch with Pacific Raceways (Formerly SIR) in Kent or the Bremerton Raceway. The earliest eitjer one of them would start would be March or April. They usually wait till the weather is decent before they open.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 12:16 AM
Supporting Member

I will try and get the schedule sometime this week. I heard it is out now. It starts in April. I heard that this years dates are going to be a mix of Friday nights and Sundays. Should be a lot of fun.

Vince, they have been doing the 1/8 mile drags there for a couple of years now. It's fun, and can be dangerous depending on how fast a car you have. They use the front stretch as the "strip". The starting line starts at turn 1 and you head towards turn 4.

The guys there are great and the atmosphere is quite loose amongst us. I'm looking forward to the season.

Mark

Mark Prokop
69 Mach 1 13.51 in the 1/4, so far...65 fastback major project, hell, it can't even drive out of the garage much less do the 1/4, yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page