Heads are finally done..Rant kinda - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Well finally got the call I've been waiting for... the heads are finally done at the machine shop. To bad I am up in Bellingham enjoying this siberian deep freeze that is going on and the car and the heads are in Bonney Lake. :wall:

The shop ended up grinding one seat, for free thank goodness, replacing all the valaves and all the springs with retainers. I bought these heads from a fellow VMF'er who thought they should bolt right up but after inspection I noticed some oddities in spring height, valve height and other things. I hold no ill will towards the guy, I paid a decent price for a set of core's with new guides already machined, but I also thought these would bolt right on. Turns out the all the exhuast valves were cut short, the intakes were all wrong and the springs were from so many different applications I think I could have played bingo with them. :p

Oh well live and learn, I just want to get my car back together. Had planned on this being a short easy swap while I was home on Christmas break but the best laid plans.. :chainsaw:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page