Roundup July 13th-16th - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 11:25 PM

So, for us non-locals, is this going to be a good route/interesting destination? Last year's route didn't impress me and I'm thinking of bringing the black pile up for it's last trail before it turns into a "pile-of-parts-that-never-gets-reassembled-but-that's-not-for-sale because-I'm-going-to-restore-it-someday" and sits for 25 years. Won't bother, tho, if it's like last year's event.

--Bubba
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 11:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to bbenthin
I don't see how it COULDN'T be better than last year.
All kidding aside, I think the logistics have improved...they just picked a silly route last year.

Brian
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Keep in mind that this years route is still SOUTH and it STILL finishes just in time for rush hour traffic heading north. I for one, am NOT interested in spending 5 hours getting home like I did last year. This year, I'll be heading back via Hwy18, Issaquah, Carnation Etc. I’m no getting anywhere near I5 or I405.

BTW seeing as how most of us appear more interested in Track Day Thursday, Pony Trails Friday, and Peoples Choice show Sunday; How about I host another PNWVMF BBQ Sat afternoon? I’ll provide Brats and everyone can bring liquid refreshments and whatever else the like.

Any takers? Or will everyone be looking for some down time between events?

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked66
BTW seeing as how most of us appear more interested in Track Day Thursday, Pony Trails Friday, and Peoples Choice show Sunday; How about I host another PNWVMF BBQ Sat afternoon? I’ll provide Brats and everyone can bring liquid refreshments and whatever else the like.

Any takers? Or will everyone be looking for some down time between events?
That's just the sort of thing I was talking about. I'm in.

Kent Sanders
65 Fastback - I6 200ci T-5 Driver. Or so it used to be.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Supporting Member

Britton and I took Highway 18 back last year and it was not pretty either. Lots of sitting. This year there will be all the mustangs on top of the already crowded Friday night traffic. This smells like a traffic stinker to me.

If I had to guess, and I guessed last year's route pretty correctly, I'd say the route is headding down Issaquah-Hobart road/276th Ave SE or 169 from Highway 18. Look at the map - there's no other north/south road heading down toward Enumclaw that way east of that route. The MNW flyer mentions two gas stops. If the 169 route is the one, that puts 3 stops (Maple Valley, Black Diamond, Enumclaw).

There's three ways to get there from BCC:
1 - Exit I90 at SR900 and head south to May Valley Road (not a bad start, but left turn off 900 to May valley would create a mess)
2 - Exit I90 at Front Street Issaquah (complete mess from the time you hit the ramp if not before)
3 - Exit I90 at Highway 18 and then take that south (longer route, but less traffic congestion)

If I was a betting man I'd take door number 3.

Now, assuming it is the more rural choice, once you're on Iss-Hobart you:
- follow that to Kent-Kangley east
- south on SE Retreat-Kanaskat Rd
- Right on SE 209th St to get to
- Cumberland-Kanaskat rd/ Veazie-Cumberland Rd. hitting
- 169 just north of Enumclaw

If the route is the 169 route - well you just take that to Enumclaw.

Note: This is all speculation on my part and you know how full of crap I am - but look at the map yourself. There are not many other routes it could be.

Anybody interested in making our own route? This one smells like traffic frustration to me.

Keith

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 12:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to bbenthin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Topless
Anybody interested in making our own route? This one smells like traffic frustration to me.
As much as I like being a part of this every year, I'm really there to see and visit with all of you anyway. I'd be up for a cruise on our own, there will be plenty of time to ogle 'stangs at the Sunday Show.

And Strokie, I love the Saturday idea. :thumbup:

Brian
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbenthin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Topless
As much as I like being a part of this every year, I'm really there to see and visit with all of you anyway. I'd be up for a cruise on our own, there will be plenty of time to ogle 'stangs at the Sunday Show.

And Strokie, I love the Saturday idea. :thumbup:
I'm with Bri, even though the drive is with some 300+ other mustangs, the most fun for me is cruising in our group (Like we did on our own last Memorial Day Weekend). I'm definitely up for an alternative to the Friday PT this year.

Question is, with some of us up north and some south, what's the best option for direction/destination? Anyone have any ideas?

post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to ken_schall Send a message via Yahoo to ken_schall
It's just a thought....but since no matter what we do or which direction we go,Friday traffic is gonna be problem...unless of course ya wanna come to Wenatchee...

Why not consider meeting somewhere and doing a Saturday mid-morning cruise instead with it finishing at Strokies for a mid afternoon BBQ? Traffic shouldn't be to bad on Saturday...

Just have a little informal dinner kinda thing Friday nite (like we've done in the past)

Doesn't sound like anyones doing the Saturday judged show this year anyway....

thoughts?

Ken
01' Jeep wrangler
13' ford Escape
12' ford F-150 fx4 Supercrew
68 GT/CS/Shelby-like....heck its a Modified Convert
68 GT/CS...Project underway!
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 02:56 PM

Saturday works for me, in fact I was wondering if getting Friday off was even in the cards at this point. We had troubles staying in groups during the Pony trails ayway, so our own group with required pullouts works better anyway. How about we meet Sat 11ish somewhere easy access to eastside and others say Marymore Park in Redmond...and go from there, finish at Strokies.

-Kevin- 69 Mach 1 - 351W - FMX - mostly original. My 69 Pics--Sold 4-25-17
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 01:06 AM

Wow...sounds like you folks are down on the trails event.

This will be my first attendance of the Ptrails. Traffic? No worries.

Even though my 67 won't be ready, I'll be there in an '06 vert. We're looking forward to this.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to ken_schall Send a message via Yahoo to ken_schall
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Rally
Wow...sounds like you folks are down on the trails event.

This will be my first attendance of the Ptrails. Traffic? No worries.

Don't misunderstand...It's not that we're "down" on PT's. Although there has been some wierd routes run before..where everyone seems to get split up and buried in traffic somewhere!

It's more that most of us here have become pretty close friends, wives, kids..etc. And if we all put the effort into getting together from all over the state...then we'd rather be able to hang-out and do the cruise together...PT's doesn't always allow that to happen.

The show is a little that way too....We like showing our cars. But, because of the format..we end up spread out all over the campus. Which is fine for the judge part of the show....But it would be nice and more fun if for the 8 hrs on Sunday, we could park as we wish (with our friends) rather than split up by year..

Ken
01' Jeep wrangler
13' ford Escape
12' ford F-150 fx4 Supercrew
68 GT/CS/Shelby-like....heck its a Modified Convert
68 GT/CS...Project underway!
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 01:23 PM

Has a consensus been reached? Last I saw was PT Friday, an informal PT Saturday and skipping the judged show (although I was thinking I'd win "best of judged show" or "best original concourse driven" with this car!), and doing the people's choice thing Sunday.

--Bubba
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

If you've never done a Mustangs Northwest PT then I encourage you participate. It realy is an EVENT!

You, and everyone else on the PNW forum chapter, are also invited you to join us for our little Saturday thing, provided showing a car in the judged show on saturday doesn't interfere.

Details on Saturday's PNWVMF Drive & BBQ will be posted shortly.

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 11:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Black_67stang
Alrite sounds liek a good time im heading up for the track event because my dad is running his 04 mach 1. So ill be watching that, and i plan on attending the peoples choice on sunday... should be a blast and possibly the saturday thing will work also if i can get all 3 of those days off work

Zach

1967 coupe- Keith Craft 306 street/T5z with Pro 5.0. Arning Drop/ Bilsteins/ cut 720's up front and 4.5 mideyes out back. 13 inch Cobra discs

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236002/1
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Supporting Member

I'm going to try to have the Boss done for open track, but I didn't pre-register.
Why shell out the dough if you don't know if the car will be done?
Anywho, as part of a wild hair I decided to build a coilover for the later cars, so I've been busting butt trying to get that done.
If the car shows up it will be sporting a prototype of the new "no holes" cocilover, which allows you to run any pivot drop (Shelby, 1 1/2, 1 5/8 or even 2") without drilling any holes in your car.
I may run a 2" drop on the Boss with minimal static camber as this setting has about 1 1/2 degrees of camber gain per inch of jounce.
I'll also run it with about 2* of positive caster and see if I can build some muscles.

I need some logos for the trailer now...

[[ Just caught some weird-*** bug, like the flu.
There go the plans to finish the system as I can barely move. Great, just great]]

Bill [ '70 B302 ][ '67 GT350 ][ '65 2+2 ][ '65 Coupe; converted to 2+2 race car ]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page