Ford Powertrain Applications in Puyallup? - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

Has anyone dealt with Ford Powertrain Applications in Puyallup? I saw an article on their headers on FordMuscle, and e-mailed them. They say they've got the perfect setup for my car. Just wondering if anyone had any experience or knowledge of them?

Thanks,
Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 10:15 AM

yes. I bought a set of FPA ceramic headers for my '70 BOSS 302 Mustang and had a very good experience with this place. I believe the owners name is Stan Johnson.

http://www.fordpowertrain.com/Headers.htm

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Supporting Member

Just don't forget your wallet!!

Mark Prokop
69 Mach 1 13.51 in the 1/4, so far...65 fastback major project, hell, it can't even drive out of the garage much less do the 1/4, yet.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Supporting Member

FPA has great stuff! Not Cheap, but worth the $$$ IMO.

Stan used my FB and 347 Stroker as mock-up/testbead for his 347 Stroker Headers. :thumbup:

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 12:32 PM

I have a set on my Mach 1. The fit and finish is second to none. They also tuck up under the body better than any other set of long tube headers I've ever seen. There isn't quite as much room as I'd like for the clutch linkage, but I don't think any other header manufacturer does this any better, and most are probably worse. You also have to use a drop bracket for the power steering ram, but, again, I think you have to use these for any set of long tube headers. They weren't cheap, but if don't want to compromise, they're the way to go.

'69 Convertible 351w, 5-speed
'69 Mach 1 S-code, 4-speed
'70 Boss 302
'90 5.0 LX Notch
'04 Cobra
'17 GT350
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't think his prices were that out of line, for what he says he can do. I was more curious if he could do what he said! Based on this input, I think that's the route I'm going to go. I don't have to worry about power steering ram (driving should be a good upper body workout, as well as a cardio workout, don't you think?) , and since I'm going cable clutch, I don't think that will be a problem either.

Stroked66: I was wondering if that was the guy you were talking about last year that was using your car for the mockup. If it wasn't, I was going to ask you who did yours. Did you end up with long tubes?

BTW, I blatantly stole your idea of painting the inset on the valve covers to match the car. I hope you accept imitation as flattery! I thought it looked great on yours, and it looks pretty sweet on mine too! I've also got the grooved billet aluminum wire looms that I've painted the grooves in, and my upper intake has a small groove around the top, that will also receive the paint treatment once I'm done polishing and buffing.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Supporting Member

[quote=Husky44]
Stroked66: I was wondering if that was the guy you were talking about last year that was using your car for the mockup. If it wasn't, I was going to ask you who did yours. Did you end up with long tubes? [quote]

[color:blue]Yep he was the guy. You're likeley considering the headers he fabbed from my car (Only Long Tubes I know of that will accommodate a cable clutch) [/color]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky44
BTW, I blatantly stole your idea of painting the inset on the valve covers to match the car. I hope you accept imitation as flattery! I thought it looked great on yours, and it looks pretty sweet on mine too! I've also got the grooved billet aluminum wire looms that I've painted the grooves in, and my upper intake has a small groove around the top, that will also receive the paint treatment once I'm done polishing and buffing.
[color:blue]Glad I could help with the creative juices, sounds cool![/color] :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page