Those that sprayed your own car - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copasspupil
What kind of sprayer did you use? Tips?
Sata minijet 4 HVLP for spot repair and touch up worked great for me. Shot partial doors, rocker panels, underhood fenders, and door jambs. Tip... was a 1.0 mm

Finishline 3 full size I haven't needed yet but from what I've read shoots quality pattern with minimal loss also a HVLP gun.

Best real tips... a good water trap / filter, brand new airhose, prep and more prep, read a couple how to paint books, listen to the paint experts advise, and do not mix different systems, and practice on junk parts.

-Kevin- 69 Mach 1 - 351W - FMX - mostly original. My 69 Pics--Sold 4-25-17
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

I had to buy one since the guy I'm using his booth crapped out. I bought a Iwata lph400 with 1.4mm and just bought a durablock kit for priming and backup for bc/cc. I was just going to go with the Iwata but the cost of buying a 1.7 tip was almost the same as what I paid for the kit. It carries 1.4 and 1.7 along with a 1.0 touch up gun.

I was going to buy the Sata nr2000 and thought about asking the guys at wesco. I called them after finding the sprayer on ebay and they said go with the iwata. They sell more iwata than sata something like 400:1. I just hope that I'll be happy.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 09:36 AM

Wagner.... J/P

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Supporting Member

Danno,

Those 1.4 and bigger tips are good for DP and High Build primers but will most likely give you troubles when laying down base. Suggest you see if you can get a 1.0 for your main gun to shoot your metallic base.

I used the cheap 2 gun Devilbis starter kit from Eastwood on the coupe. Ended up re-shooting the silver with the touch-up gun because the main gun din't come with a small enough tip and after seeing the mottled results with the blue, I'll probably re-shoot it with the TU gun as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page