Garys Mustang of PDX - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

I feel bad for Gary of Gary's Mustang. His neighbor's chrome shop burned to the ground causing much damage to his own shop in Clackamas, OR. The news story on KPTV: http://www.kptv.com/video/15944148/index.html

Interesting coincidence though... I had taken Ol' Rusty to his shop last Wednesday for a floor job. He quoted me some hours on some stuff I should have removed in the first place before taking it in (doors, fenders, etc) so I picked it up Saturday to take back to my shop to finish up. The fire was the next night.

He says he'll be back in business within 6 months. My best wishes go out to Gary during this difficult time.

------------------------------------------------------------

'68 convertible restoration "almost done". See Ol' Rusty's progress at 68Vert.BlogSpot.Com

MCA #72655
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 11:56 PM

From watching the local news, it looks like the Mustangs in his shop weren't damaged, thankfully. I am happier than heck that he has been too busy to "do" my car, or it could've been on t.v.

--Bubba
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:45 PM

Lesson to all.. keep your insurance active during the restoration. Check with your insur co to make sure you are covered while in the paint shop. Mine sat in a bodyshop for 1.5 years. Those guys get too many of their own fumes and accidents happen.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Yup, I've got comp on Ol' Rusty. Your homeowners insurance doesn't cover your car in your own garage either (according to State Farm who recommended that I keep the vehicle insured while it's being worked on). It's highly recommended that if you value your classic, you keep it insured with at least comprehensive.

------------------------------------------------------------

'68 convertible restoration "almost done". See Ol' Rusty's progress at 68Vert.BlogSpot.Com

MCA #72655
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page