Mustang related News Years resolutions - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Mustang related News Years resolutions

I've decided that THIS is the year to get the convertible back onto it's own wheels and tires. It's been on a jig for so long that I've forgotten when it was put on it. It was totally stripped down to nothing and I've still got a lot of parts to replace, but I think I can get it off the jig before the end of December.

Before I can start on the vert I need to finish rebuilding the C4 for my coupe. I just started that project this weekend and I've dismantled it and redone the front pump and valve body. It's really amazing how much the rubber check balls in the valve body have shrunk.

Sometime in there I'll also redo the upholstery in my coupe and install a stereo and new radiator, hopefully before the Roundup.

So what's everyone else working on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 PM

My resolution has some carry overs from last year
+ add flowmaster exhaust
+ get an alignment
+ get the door latches replaced
+ save for paint

-Geoff
1965 Convertible

1965-Mustang-Convertible at driiive
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Supporting Member

Short term goals for the K car are to get it finished! There isn't too much left to do. All of the glass is in, just need to install the NOS chrome trim moldings. The rear of the car is essentially complete with exception of the aforementioned moldings. Front and rear seats have all been recovered and the rear fold down has been installed along with all of the backseat fiberglass panels. All of the underdash wiring should be finished in a few days. Right now, the goal is to have it ready to start next weekend.

After that, it's really just a matter of finishing up installing the interior (underlayment, carpet, seats and console), installing the front sheet metal (fenders, hood, valance, etc) and working out any bugs that may arise. Attached are a few pictures from last night.

For the convertible, the engine and tranny were rebuilt back in October and its running great. Once the K car is done, I plan to replace all of the front suspension/steering components for the convertible. I'm hoping to have all of the suspension stuff done by May. After that, I just plan to do some small cosmetic stuff to it and drive it and enjoy it as much as possible. I think I enjoy driving my convertible more than any new car that I've owned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9111.jpg (90.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9112.jpg (92.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9110.jpg (90.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9107.jpg (91.6 KB, 13 views)

MCA Certified Judge 64.5 - 66 Concours
1965 K Code Coupe
1966 K Code GT Fastback
www.6R09K.com

Last edited by 6T6mustang; 01-30-2011 at 12:54 AM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Got the transmission done and it is very nice. It shifts much smoother than ever before. I had put a shift kit in it previously but I didn't really like it all that much. It's much much better now. While I was at it I made all of my interior lights work and then I readjusted my carb. Now I don't notice the gas smell as much, but I think I need to rejet it.

I've been pricing the aluminum radiators and electric fans, but I'm not too sure yet if I'll go that route or just get a stock replacement and add a shroud. I'm also really really close to buying an HID headlight kit as well. A seller on ebay is willing to sell me a kit with some chrome HID's for my low/high beams, and some black HID's for my high beams in the grill and supply me with 6000k bulbs so they're not so blue.

How's everyone else's projects going?

Danny
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 01:50 AM

I got my flowmaster exhaust bolted on. I still need to get it welded in place and I still need to put on header gaskets, a step I skipped before. I don't yet know if I should have them do an H pipe.

I did upload a short video of my car running with the exhaust. It's still loud, but a bit quieter than before.

-Geoff
1965 Convertible

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Supporting Member

Do the H

If you don't it won't sound balanced

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked66 View Post
Do the H

Ok Strokie. Will do

-Geoff
1965 Convertible

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked66 View Post
Do the H

An X would be better. JMO

Mark Prokop
69 Mach 1 13.51 in the 1/4, so far...65 fastback major project, hell, it can't even drive out of the garage much less do the 1/4, yet.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMach1 View Post
An X would be better. JMO
Not sure if there is enough room under my convertible for an X. There's not much space.

As it is, I will probably have to do something else other than the plate that joins the two seat pans.

-Geoff
1965 Convertible

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page