Camas Washougal Muffler, anyone use them? - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Camas Washougal Muffler, anyone use them?

My old exhaust guy was just that, old. He decided to retire without checking with me. Imagine that. Anyways, I replaced my long tube headers this winter with a set of JBA shorty's. I want to replace my flowmasters with some magnaflow mufflers while adding electric cutouts to the system.

I stopped by and talked with the guys at Camas/Washougal Muffler and they seem pretty knowledgeable. Have any of you guys used them in the past? I live about 3 miles from them and will drive there with open exhaust so I was trying to keep it close to home.

Thanks!

Darreld
1968 Convertible
333 with 555 rwhp and 550 rwtq, EFI, Vortech V2 trim blower with 12 lbs of boost, H2O/Meth Injection, T56 6 speed, JMC clutch, TCP rack, Ron Morris Front and TCP G-bar Rear Coilovers, Cobra brakes, NewGen wheels. Basically a money pit.

Pro-Touring Volvo 1800 http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ighlight=volvo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:39 PM

We have had Brian do numerous things for us when our shop was located out there. I think R+T Auto body and Mad Max use them sometimes as well. They always did good for us.

Original and NOS parts for 1964.5-1973 Mustang. Visit our website: magmustangs.com
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMustangs View Post
We have had Brian do numerous things for us when our shop was located out there. I think R+T Auto body and Mad Max use them sometimes as well. They always did good for us.
Just the input I was looking for. Thanks for the help. Now to wait for the cutouts and mufflers to arrive so I can take it down there.

Darreld
1968 Convertible
333 with 555 rwhp and 550 rwtq, EFI, Vortech V2 trim blower with 12 lbs of boost, H2O/Meth Injection, T56 6 speed, JMC clutch, TCP rack, Ron Morris Front and TCP G-bar Rear Coilovers, Cobra brakes, NewGen wheels. Basically a money pit.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 11:21 AM

I just remembered that they did the exhaust in the Car in My Signature. We had him do the full GT Trumpet Exhaust. It turned out Fantastic

Original and NOS parts for 1964.5-1973 Mustang. Visit our website: magmustangs.com
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

I picked up my car from Camas Washougal Muffler today and they did an excellent job on the exhaust. He is an artist. I posted a couple pics on the Mod and Custom forum but since I brought up their work here I figured I would finish this thread with a couple pics as well. JBA shorty headers connected to 2 1/2" stainless pipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and DMH low profile electric cutouts. I had him add some collectors on the system so that I could remove pieces of it to service the rear or tranny. I could not take the exhaust over the axle due to the triangulated 4 link.

Camas Washougal Muffler | Facebook

Darreld
1968 Convertible

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Supporting Member

Interesting placement of the cutouts. Not sure I would have put them so close to the headers, nor would I have faced them in. Can you share the thought process behind that? That's going to make your ride seriously loud when you hit the go pedal.

It does look like he did a quality job.

Have fun with it! You've got a beautiful ride Darreld!

Mark Prokop
69 Mach 1 13.51 in the 1/4, so far...65 fastback major project, hell, it can't even drive out of the garage much less do the 1/4, yet.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMach1 View Post
Interesting placement of the cutouts. Not sure I would have put them so close to the headers, nor would I have faced them in. Can you share the thought process behind that? That's going to make your ride seriously loud when you hit the go pedal.

It does look like he did a quality job.

Have fun with it! You've got a beautiful ride Darreld!
I chose the placement. He recommended them back further but they would have been the low point of the car. I was concerned that a speed bump would destroy them. The exhaust is very tight in the trans tunnel. I think what is so unusual is that they dump to the center of the car. I figured that it is going to be very loud when they are open and it won't matter much if they are moved to the other side of the exhaust tubes. I confirmed with DMH that that would be a good location for the cutouts.

Darreld
1968 Convertible

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page