Noob to this Forum - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Noob to this Forum

Howdy folks, just wanted to say hi to fellow stangers out on the net. I was born and raised in the Vancouver area, went to Clark College then joined the US Air Force in 1983. 29 Years later, I'm now retired, but working still for the Federal Gov as a Jet Engine Mechanic here in Germany.
When my Father passed away back in 2004 he left me the family's 67 Mustang Coupe that I drove as a 16 year old in 1979. I always loved this car and now I'm restoring it to better than new condition. Yes, that means RestoMod style. One could argue that its not "better" than new but technology wise it is. I stumbled across this Forum from a friend in the Vancouver area that I know through our Factory Five Cobra Forum (I have one of those here as well).
What I need is maybe advice, ideas or sources for parts when needed. So, any help you fellow members could provide is great. My car is currently a shell. I just got it back from a company that dipped the body and stripped off all paint and rust. I was very pleased there is very little rust and I already have the repair panels to fix what needs to be fixed.
My "problem" is in the color department. What color should I paint it? Multiple colors? Stripes? Nothing but ? when is comes to paint scheme. within a few months I'll have to decide. Do any of you reading this have ideas? I'm very open to suggestions but don't be offended if I have different tastes. Thanks for any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:28 AM

Garage
It's your car, so do whatever color you like best. What was the factory color of it when it was new? Mine was Nightmist Blue and I plan to go back to that when mine gets to that point.

What color is the F5 Cobra that you have? May want to do the stang to match that?

'65 A Code Fastback 2+2 (Late Father's car)
'67 S-Code 4 speed Coupe
'90 LX Coupe 5.0 5 speed ***SOLD***

DD 2011 F150 crewcab 5.0
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your answer! The original color was Gold, so that's out of the question. The Cobra is Red with Silver stripes and that exact idea crossed my mind. My wife likes that idea too.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 10:00 AM

Go red with the 67 style hood with 2 silver stripes over the 2 scoops over the roof and down the trunk. Do a lamans style stipe or maybe a small pinstripe on each side of the lamans stripes. I think you and the boss have made up your mind to go with the red.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page