Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Portland Swap Meet, what's on your wishlist?

5K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  A_65_Myself 
#1 ·
Just thought it'd be neat to hear what everyone is hunting for.

For me, a nice set of 1966 289 heads to replace my 1971 302 heads that are on my 289. Hipo manifolds, tools, ford related signs, new(ish) interior parts for a 66, an air cleaner assembly and whatever catches my eye!

#3 ·
I'll be looking for some manual transmission swap parts and maybe some steel styled rims if I am lucky. What has been you guys' experiences with the amount of stuff on each day? Does Saturday have more stuff or does it not really matter? I'm planning on going in on Friday..

#5 ·
I saw plenty of people in their battery powered scooters

#13 ·
C4 to T5 swap stuff, including pedals & hydraulic clutch stuff. SFI T5 bellhousing.

If anyone finds this at a GREAT deal - as in, holy crap that's a great deal -, please message me here. I can't get down there this weekend, but can figure something out.

#14 ·
There is two spots down at the PIR that always have mustang stuff. At least 3 vendors up at Expo. Bel Kirk for new , Lee along with Wendell and I have used and nos.

Friday is always the best day to find deals. If your not tired of walking both swap meets. Sat seems to be very busy not a lot of sales. Sunday is kick them day. I mean deal day.

I do have some nice items going this year stall 6161-6165 at Expo.
67 nos flat hood
67/68 nos rocker moldings with hardware packs
67/68 nos front valance
69 nos shaker top/seal/spacer/cobra jet emblems in ford box
Just to name a few items.

Hope to see everyone there.
Troy

#17 ·
Pir at the race track is open Thursday . Expo is setup day only vendors. Bring 3 things , wagon , $ , walking shoes. Optional umbrella/rain poncho.

Lots and lots of treasures.

Have fun.

Troy

Thanks. We've heard people say that PIR is open Thursday, but they don't advertise that on their website. Is that to keep it low key that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
How bad was the weather on Friday ?
Someone forgot to schedule me off on Thursday and Friday .....
1st time missed in at least 10 years

#21 ·
Looks like Sunday should be cold but no rainy .
Not sure if it's worth the drive dove for Sunday only or not

#22 ·
Weather was rain all 4 days off and on. Friday was very bad. Lot of tents went flying. I did find a nos 69 dash pad and nos 69 hood molding. Not as many mustangs compared to Camaro/Corvettes. About 6 stalls total with mustang parts from both areas. We only sold 2 hoods all the rest of parts were smalls. We did profit even thought the weather was bad and cold.

Next year the lower parking lot area of expo will have spaces selling to vendors. Will be larger next year.

Troy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.