'67 Mustang Power steering kit - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

'67 Mustang Power steering kit

Hi Everyone!

First of all thank you for accepting me within this forum.

My name is Mateo,I'm a Spaniard living in Spain.

I'm looking for a fully comprehensive power steering kit for the mentioned car so I can swap the original power steering without too many headaches.

I would need that kit includes all the necessary parts to achieve that,I underline this because I have seen some of the available kits on some very well known vendors' web pages which don't include all the parts I need (center link,pump,hidraulic box etc)

I'm also worried because,by the experience of one friend who has done the same for the same model,I was told to be aware of some kit that will modify the car turn radio by increasing it!!

The car is a '67 convertible 289 CID with original PS and A/C

Many thanks in advance for your comments!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 11:11 AM

Hi and welcome.

Are you looking to just replace a worn out original Power steering with new original style parts, or are your trying to move different type of power steering?

Popular types are:

1. Rack & pinion - really only needed if you are going with a bigger engine and need to remove the shock towers.
2. Integral Borgeson power steering box.
3. Electric Power steering. This is becoming a very popular option

I personally have the original power steering in both my 66 and 68. I am very happy with it. It works very well when properly serviced.
It sounds like your friend ordered a new power steering gearbox but got the standard box, not the power steering box.

For original systems I highly recommend Chockostang. He is a forum member here. He specializes in Classic Ford steering and brakes. He can rebuild your current steering box and system, sell you a kit with all the other parts needed to do it yourself, or sell you a complete ready to 8nstall system. He is on holiday until Mar.

Flade
68 289 convertible Candy-apple red & white
66 200 coupe Blue
94 GT convertible Red & black
98 GT convertible White & black
98 V6 convertible White & tan

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 07:30 AM

we need this kit for our towing truck which we use for our towing company NYC Roadside Assistance Services anyone can suggest ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page