Need Help.... Finder's Fee! - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Hey all,

I'm looking for the License Plate Frames from Midway Motors on Vermont Ave. in Los Angeles, CA. for my 66 A-code Coupe (see photo @ bottom) which was purchased new there . I was hoping next time any of you are at a wrecking yard or swap meet down there in SoCAL, you might keep an eye out for me! I will be glad to pay a finder's fee for your help.

Thanks to 66_Pony, this is a photo of what the frame looks like.

I've been in contact with Midway Ford (as they are called now), and they don't make them at all with the dealers name on them any more, so I'm out of luck going that route.

My only other option would be to find someone that can actually reproduce the frames for me, but I imagine that will be very costly just for 2 plates. Anyway, any help would be appreciated, just wished I still lived down there where I could try to search them out myself. [IMG]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/IMG]

TIA
Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 09:49 AM

I will keep my eyes open. Not too many frames make it to the junkyard but I look at the swap meets for good metal frames. BTW, I want a set from Tyson Ford, VA. The dealership is still in business but the metal frames are long gone.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 08:10 PM

Gee.. as long as we are looking, I can use one from Bill Corwin in Orange.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 05:31 PM

I'll keep my eyes peeled for both of the plate frame requests; however, I haven't been frequenting wrecking yards lately.

Thanks,

Mike (MCA #51273)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 11:44 AM

My '70 came from there. I will look to see if I have that frame, it looks familiar so I might have it. I don't know when I will have a chance to dig through my stuff but I will l will look when I get a chance.
John
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2003, 07:09 PM

I'd have to dig for the picture, Doug, but I had a 66 glove box door with their sticker pasted on the inside (ac instructions etc.) so I know the name and now my antenna is up.
If I find it keep the ff. I owe you for the help on getting that C.O.A. a year ago.

If you can remember the 60's, you weren't really there.
'67 A-Code Coupe
'86 SVO 1D
'86 SVO 2A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page