Westwood Ford? UCLA Area? - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Westwood Ford? UCLA Area?

I tracked down the original owner of my '66 FB and he says he bought it new at a Ford dealer near the UCLA campus; he thinks "Westwood Ford". Was there such a dealer? I can't find any history on it if there was. Or if not Westwood, what dealer would have been close to UCLA?

Jim
'66 Fastback, '69 Grande
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 12:27 PM

Re: Westwood Ford? UCLA Area?

The one I remember was Santa Monica Ford on Santa Monica Blvd. It still there. My dad purchased a 76 Pinto at that location. I dont remember a Westwood Ford, sorry

Neil

Josh 24:15
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

The 2nd owner swore that the original owner bought the car at Galpin, and he used to have the window sticker so he should know. But the original owner said it was not Galpin and was for sure close to UCLA because he was going to school there. One of you SoCal old timers must know or have an idea. Thanks for your input on this!

Jim
'66 Fastback, '69 Grande

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 07:31 PM

not an old timer only 22 here but doesnt the marti report tell you the dealer number which would tell you which dealership it was shipped to? ill go look at my marti tommorow

Nandy's 1968 Fastback J code
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Yes, that info is available with a Marti report, but Marti's are only available on 1967 and newer cars. That is why it is such a shame that the original window sticker for my car has been lost along the way, as without it many of these details are unknown.

Jim
'66 Fastback, '69 Grande
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 PM

Westwood Ford? UCLA Area?

A quick google search shows a Stockton Quincy Ford once existed on Westwood Blvd.

If you read on ford-trucks.com forum, a guy apparently knows a fair bit about that place.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/84...-what-lol.html

Don't know when it closed, but I don't remember seeing it when I started going to Westwood Village in the late 80's.

[edit] That location is only a few blocks from UCLA.

'65 2+2 EFI
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Wow, now we are getting close! Could you please find a showroom photo that includes my car?? LOL

Thank you!

Jim
'66 Fastback, '69 Grande
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhouse66
Wow, now we are getting close! Could you please find a showroom photo that includes my car?? LOL

Thank you!
It could be Buerge Ford also. From their homepage:

"Buerge Ford is one of the longest continually active Ford franchises in California and the United States. We trace our roots back to 1915 in Westwood. Buerge Ford has been selling cars and trucks, servicing cars and trucks, and selling parts for cars and trucks for over ninety-three (93) years! On top of that we are on Route 66 - the "mother road" of the West! Located just under a mile from the 405 Freeway at 11800 Santa Monica Boulevard. Buerge Ford and Buerge Chrysler Jeep are family run local businesses that have sold and serviced new Ford, Chrysler, and Jeep cars and trucks for decades. We've got grandfathers and grandmothers, fathers and mothers, who bring their children and grandchildren in for their first new car or truck. We have families and friends who have purchased cars here for generations."

~ Vince

Built Sept 1969:0F05H 1970 Mach 1, 351W Ford Motorsports block with Shaker,Edelbrock Heads, Performer Intake and carb, Full roller valve train,C4,original CA car (DSO 71), original sheetmetal, original Magnum 500s, Tilt Steering Column, FDS, PDB, A/C,550# 1" drop front springs, KYB shocks, Front Bumper Guards, Space Saver Spare. Unisteer Power Rack and Pinion kit. [color:gray][/color]
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

I followed the Ford Truck link that gothand suggested and learned for a former employee of Stockton Quincy that Stockton Quincy merged into Walker Buerge Ford (later Buerge Ford) in 1967. My PO seems unclear where he actually bought my car when it was new (which seems sort of odd to me), but he seems sure it was close to UCLA campus and was NOT Buerge, and he "thinks" it was Stockton Quincy. Thanks for the tip though, because Buerge seemed a real possibility.

Jim
'66 Fastback, '69 Grande
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 01:13 AM

I seem to remember hearing of incidences where one dealer would acquire a car from another dealer to supply their customer with what they're looking for. This might explain why the original owner remembers purchasing the car from a dealer near UCLA, but the second owner remembers the window sticker saying Galpin Ford. Farfetched, maybe, but anything's possible.

Frank

1967 Saddle/Burnt Amber coupe, C-code T5 5-spd replaced the 4-spd, 302 replaced the 289.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Well, the PO says he went to the dealer to order a Mustang and they told him it would be X weeks (like 6 or 8) so he went out on the lot and my car was sitting there on the lot and he bought it. You would think if he remembers these details he would remember where he was! LOL

He moved right after graduation and ended up near Galpin, where he had the car serviced. That may be where the 2nd owner got the Galpin connection.

Jim
'66 Fastback, '69 Grande
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 04:00 AM

Stockton Quincy Ford was in Westwood Village on Gayley Avenue, a few blocks south of the UCLA campus. My father knew him, and bought at least one car from him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page