STOLEN: 1969 Ford Mustang (El Cajon, CA) - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

STOLEN: 1969 Ford Mustang (El Cajon, CA)

Hello, friends. My 1969 Ford Mustang SportsRoof was stolen on Sunday, October 18, 2015 from an El Cajon, California restoration shop. Almost completed full restoration! Suspect has been identified by authorities as Rick "Ricky" Dixon and is their primary "person of interest." He was a temporary employee at the shop about a month ago, he gave a false name to the shop owner, and the bastard was caught on security camera video. The search for the car and the perp continues. Apparently, he has links to San Diego and the Fresno area. Note that it's 99% certain that this is the same criminal who stole Shelby Mustangs in 2001-2002 and was apprehended at a SAAC show in Tulsa, OK; San Diego Police found three Shelbys in his garage in San Diego.

Image of the car is attached. Color: Black Jade (dark green) with black and tan interior; California plate 6RVK151; VIN#9R02L176038

Any help is appreciated. If you happen to see it, please contact me, Officer Kraig Palmer of CHP (714-231-5985), or Sergeant Tom Seiver of San Diego Sheriff's Department (858-2424-7029).

Thanks, ladies & gents. Let's put this SOB away one and for all, shall we?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bolthouse 1969 Mustang 2014.jpg (97.7 KB, 97 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 05:43 PM

That sucks; what a nightmare! I'll keep an eye out here in the San Fernando Valley... Hope she makes it back to you soon.

'65 Vert 289 Blue on Blue, White Top. PS/PB/C4 Auto
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Thank you, my friend.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 11:04 AM

Garage
Cases like this are the ones where you hope the thief is caught red-handed with the car so there's no doubt he's guilty. Hopefully the car returns to you with no damage!

May 20, 2011
AUGUSTA, GA - Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Ga. told police he observed a customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta, on surveilance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket. When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.
Outside on the sidealk were four Marines collecting toys for the Toys for Tots program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, Cpt. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.
After police and an ambulance arrived at the scene, Cpt. Duggan was taken for treatment.
"The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw ..... injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off the curb after stabbing the Marine," according to a police report.

Working on old cars teaches us patience... and every curse word imaginable!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 11:35 AM

If he drives up near Van Nuys, North Hollywood, Hollywood, Burbank, Glendale, or Pasadena area I will eventually bump into it.

I'm always around those cities. Not a whole lot of people in those areas are into vintage cars, he will stick out - in a bad way
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 11:55 AM

Good luck! I HATE a thief!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 12:22 PM

Stories like this are making me strongly consider Lojak for my '70. I was going to wait until after the restoration to have it installed. Now I think I'll do it before I drop it for final bodywork and paint. I have enough resources sunk into it at this point that the Hagerty policy I have won't come close to covering it.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 10:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by romayo View Post
If he drives up near Van Nuys, North Hollywood, Hollywood, Burbank, Glendale, or Pasadena area I will eventually bump into it.

I'm always around those cities. Not a whole lot of people in those areas are into vintage cars, he will stick out - in a bad way
I'm around Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys, and Tarzana pretty frequently. I'd be surprised if we didn't run into each other at some point.

I'll definitely be on the lookout OP. Fastbacks stand out in a crowd pretty well.

1967 Mustang w/ 302 4bbl - Build Thread
1967 Galaxie Wagon w/ 289 2bbl
1972 Honda CL350 - Parked since 1978 in a barn.
1976 Triumph Bonneville

Currently an Automotive Restoration Student at McPherson College.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romayo View Post

Dude what are you talking about there's always classic around those cities.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 12:01 PM

For a second I thought this was your car.

>> 1969 Fastback Mustang //// Real Mach 1

Kamikaze, has there been any updates?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

No news to report, folks. The police are being coy with where they are on the case, but they seem confident... They've caught this guy before and they apparently have other incentives to snatch him.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 11:56 PM

Hopefully they catch the guy. I just moved to the San Diego area and I will be renting a place in El Cajon. Luckily, the garage is in the backyard and my car will be well hidden, plus it will be blocked in with my trailer and truck. At least my car is "just a coupe" - hopefully not desirable enough for this guy!

'66 Emberglo Coupe
Modifications:
5.0 EFI conversion
TwEECer EFI tuning
T56 6-speed
Rod & Custom Motorsports IFS
TCP subframe connectors
Vintage Air Heat & AC

'99 Black Cobra - Daily driver
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 08:27 AM

I hope you get your car back man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page