New member - being cheated by GatewayClassicCars - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 117Likes

post #16 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob & Sue View Post
Not a chance in he-- he will see anything ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt350sr View Post
Unfortunately for the OP I think you're 100% correct.
What amazes me is that known shysters continue to stay in business. I guess the next guy always thinks that he's too smart to get taken to the cleaners by them.

The only thing I remember from Business Law class 45 years ago is "salesman puffery" where a salesman states that his product is better than any other similar product and is unenforceable. This is definitely not a case of puffery, it is an outright lie. But the sales sheet only says "complete restoration" with no date specified and the "recent" was apparently only spoken so there is no written proof of it.
I agree that even if the OP spends the money to sue and wins in court there is little chance he will ever collect any money. He can just add his name to a long list of dissatisfied customers of GCC.
gt350sr and Bob & Sue like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Caveat Emptor,......always.

Ex-wife,....."You drove how far for that thing?"
Daughter,..."Theres no inside and it stinks."
Friend,......."Dude, that’s a rusted pile."
Son,.........."This old car is cool."

USMC Security Forces, Kamiseya Japan, 0311

Build Thread: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...sted-pile.html
post #18 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post
Caveat Emptor,......always.
Just remembered an old phrase that was once in my old fart brain, things go in fine these days it's getting them back out that's sucks.

Bob
gwstang and Israel like this.

69 Coupe 351W C4 Holley Street Avenger Comp Cams Roller Noisy Gear Drive
Cad ATS V
Some previous cars: 68 Shelby GT500 428 Auto, 40 Chev Coupe 283, 47 Fiat Topolino B/A Chev 288 Hilborn, 64 Plymouth 426 Hemi SS/BA, 70 & 71 Cuda & Challenger 426 Hemi SS/AA, 55 Chev 327, 55 Chev Nomad 283, 57 Chev Nomad 327,
57 Pontiac Safari 389, 63 Corvette 327, 68 Cougar XR7 302, 68 Camaro RS/SS 327
69 Camaro Z28 396, 73 Olds Cutlass Supreme 455 4 sp

post #19 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:25 AM

I would use this as a learning experience for those shopping for a restored vehicle. I know when I do a complete restoration, I take thousands pictures of everything that is done including before and after pictures. I can't believe that others that are doing high quality and thorough work aren't doing the same. I build a complete scrap book including images of how I found it, the steps of how it was repaired, and receipts of EVERYTHING. Next time you shop for a car, ask to see all the documentation of the restoration. If they don't have it, it probably wasn't done.
Israel and Fastang68 like this.

Last edited by lennyB; 01-03-2018 at 10:30 AM.
post #20 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:31 AM

Maybe a good thing I didnt purchase a 1936 Tearaplane business coupe from them I WAS AFTER YEARS A GO
post #21 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:55 AM

I am building my Mustang the way I want it but..... I have to field questions from friends and family and have my own occasional moments when I wonder if it would have been better to just have bought an already restored car. And then I hears stories like this and I know i am on the right path. When I get done I will know what I have and can be assured that nothing has been covered over.
Same thing when I hear stories about "professionally" restored. Yeah, I am no professional and my speed and and quality of my work is not up to the level of some guys here but I have seen some "professional" work before....and had to go back and redo their mess.
Israel, gt350sr and Bob & Sue like this.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
post #22 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 11:01 AM

I assume this was an "as is" sale.??

post #23 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 11:16 AM

mY THOUGHTS ARE IF THEY DONT let you take it to a mechanic, put on a lift, check for bondo, drive it, check compression etc something aint right
Israel, Huntingky, gt350sr and 2 others like this.
post #24 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 11:23 AM

100% lawsuit win. my sister rolled her eyes and said it's an ''easy case"

stop wasting time. The longer you wait, the person you will be suing can use it against you
Redbaron likes this.
post #25 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

New member - being cheated by GatewayClassicCars

Quote:
Originally Posted by romayo

stop wasting time. The longer you wait, the person you will be suing can use it against you

Unfortunately this is not easy from abroad. Sharing this strange business behavior from GCC on different media and alerting other people would also help.

Last edited by Redbaron; 01-03-2018 at 01:03 PM.
post #26 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron View Post
Unfortunately this is not easy from abroad. Sharing this strange business behavior from GCC on different media and alerting other people would also help.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
ahhh it's an abroad situation. still doesn't matter you have to be as unapologetic to that company as that salesman was to you.

Defiantly use a media outlet to share this information. If you have Facebook post it, find their business on Yelp post a review with photos (the proof is very important) don't be shy using names - you have to.

go to Better Business Bureau and make sure you file a complaint
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started
on their yelp account, make sure you leave a link to your complaint you filed - this is a very important step.

Make a YouTube video documenting it, this is how a lot of aftermarket tuning companies got caught with their shady practice.
Redbaron likes this.

Last edited by 105810; 01-03-2018 at 03:03 PM.
post #27 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romayo View Post

I'd question this answer it was sold AS-IS NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND

http://www.flhsmv.gov/SafetyTips/PDFs/BuyingVehicle.pdf

Florida state law;

There is no Lemon Law for used cars in Florida.
With the average price of a new car increasing every year, it is not surprising that
the fastest growing segment of the auto industry is the used car market. Buying a
car that is just a year or two old can save thousands of dollars over the price of a
new model, especially as the prices of new cars increase. The biggest advice is to
Do Your Homework. Motor vehicle laws and warranties differ for used cars. Many
reputable dealers sell used cars and will give you an honest deal. However, buyers
do not have the same protections as they do for new cars under the motor vehicle
laws of Florida.
Where to Buy
A used vehicle is a major purchase and requires comparison shopping for price and
value to find the best deal. Many sources are available for today’s purchaser:
• new car dealers
• used car dealers
• rental car companies
• leasing companies
• private individuals
Car Dealers
New car dealers generally keep only the best cars and usually inspect them thoroughly.
Consider buying from a dealer who handles the particular brand of vehicle
that you are interested in buying. Look for a full service department and a wellstocked
supply of parts. Dealers may offer a parts and labor warranty. Be sure to
visit several automobile dealerships.
AS-IS or Warranty
Federal law requires all dealers to post a buyers guide in the window of each vehicle
they offer for sale. The buyers guide notifies the buyer that there is a warranty or
that the vehicle is being sold AS-IS with no warranty of any kind.
In the case of an AS-IS sale, once you drive the vehicle from the dealership, it belongs
to you despite any problems the vehicle may have. If the vehicle breaks down
after only a few minutes of leaving the dealership, the repairs are YOUR responsibility.

Sometimes the most important difference between vehicles is not under the hood

Bob

69 Coupe 351W C4 Holley Street Avenger Comp Cams Roller Noisy Gear Drive
Cad ATS V
Some previous cars: 68 Shelby GT500 428 Auto, 40 Chev Coupe 283, 47 Fiat Topolino B/A Chev 288 Hilborn, 64 Plymouth 426 Hemi SS/BA, 70 & 71 Cuda & Challenger 426 Hemi SS/AA, 55 Chev 327, 55 Chev Nomad 283, 57 Chev Nomad 327,
57 Pontiac Safari 389, 63 Corvette 327, 68 Cougar XR7 302, 68 Camaro RS/SS 327
69 Camaro Z28 396, 73 Olds Cutlass Supreme 455 4 sp

Last edited by Bob & Sue; 01-03-2018 at 12:08 PM.
post #28 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 12:10 PM

Garage
Should have reached out here BEFORE you bought the car, we could have pointed you towards problem areas. The pics of the rust holes you show should be easily seen from a quick look under the car with a flashlight.
Redbaron likes this.

69 Mach 1, 351W, T5, owned for 31 years, 03 Mach 1 Azure Blue, 65 fastback, 289, C4 (son's), 67 fastback, 289, C4 (wife's)
post #29 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 12:32 PM

Garage
One thing to note:
GCC doesn't own the cars they sell.
The store near me has no mechanic, lift or any way to do a complete inspection on a vehicle.
They rely on information provided by the car's owner.
They charge the owners to have their cars on display.

Wayne

1967 C code convertible

When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!
post #30 of 152 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

New member - being cheated by GatewayClassicCars

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarson
Should have reached out here BEFORE you bought the car, we could have pointed you towards problem areas. The pics of the rust holes you show should be easily seen from a quick look under the car with a flashlight.

Yes, this is all clear and right. Just did not expect that a company like GatewayClassicCars, who I thought is a serious business, behaves in such fraudulent way - stating something important on the window sticker which is completely wrong and even rejects any responsibility for this. Have learned my lessens for sure, but GCC will also learn from this. :-))

Last edited by Redbaron; 01-03-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page