Pate Swap Meet next weekend! Who's going? - Vintage Mustang Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fastang68

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Pate Swap Meet next weekend! Who's going?

I will be in Zone 3A rows 4 or 5 (we have 20 spaces). Stop by and say hi.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:34 PM

I wish! I gotta go to a wedding in Brownwood. Going to the New Braunfels swap meet though! Happy Hunting over there!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 05:40 PM

when is the New Braunfels swap meet?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeton View Post

If you hurry you might catch somebody leaving with the part you need.
New Braunfels Area Car Club
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeton View Post
It was this (Easter) weekend. It was really good a lot of sellers and buyers. I scored a 66 am 8 track with uncut wires for 30 bucks.
coupster likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:13 PM

Garage
I'm going tomorrow!! Thanks for the post, tipping me off.

Bill

6F07C
Color: Y
Trim: 22
Axle: 6
Trans: 6
Build Date: July 18, 1966

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:37 PM

We are headed there in the morning tomorrow. Hopefully there will be some structural steel we need for the 66. If not I will end up ordering stuff. We also stop at Giant Burger on the way home in Rhome. Great fresh real burgers none of that fake franken meat.

I am taking the trailer so if anyone else goes and wants to buy something big I can haul it home and you can pick it up from my place later or maybe I can deliver it. Shoot me a PM if you want my number.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
It was beautiful today. Light breeze. Cold beer. Doesn't get any better. I'll be there again tomorrow but probably walking around. The bid aftermarket guys are there and several individuals selling their hoards. We will have at least 3 Mustangs... my 68, a 67 vert, and a 66 coupe (if he can get it started) or his 2016 vert.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildensteve View Post
It was beautiful today. Light breeze. Cold beer. Doesn't get any better. I'll be there again tomorrow but probably walking around. The bid aftermarket guys are there and several individuals selling their hoards. We will have at least 3 Mustangs... my 68, a 67 vert, and a 66 coupe (if he can get it started) or his 2016 vert.
I will make sure to stop by and say Hi. I spent today helping daughter plant bushes and flowers in the front yard. She wanted to do it and bought all the stuff so I had to help out. Looks much better as there was nothing there before... Been going to pate since it was the real pate. I don't miss the gravel roads wet clay mud and hills though.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcam84 View Post
Been going to pate since it was the real pate. I don't miss the gravel roads wet clay mud and hills though.
We have been going for over 30 years. Funny, I do miss the old one, mud and all. It had a kind of charm to it.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 07:17 PM

Well we have been back for a little bit. Getting out of the parking lot there is getting worse as the idiots leaving take up both lanes as they don't know that stripes on the road mean that there is more than one lane... Took the trailer and as usual came home empty handed just bought a can of body filler. We walked around 9 miles but still skipped a few areas. The only mustang dealer was obsolete/classic (whatever i just wish they would pick a name) from OKC and they didn't have any structural sheet metal on hand at all. Just a couple body skins.

We enjoy going to the swapmeets but I see the internet taking over for them too. If you are looking for obscure parts its still the place to go but for regular stuff you will end up ordering it online anyway. I would like to take my dad as we used to go every year but he just can't do the 8-10 miles of walking in the heat anymore and I can't see him on an electric cart.

Will probably make a trip to Menards in wichita,KS for insulation for the house (half the price locally saving several 100$) and stop by their store and pick up a few things like front floor supports and stuff.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcam84 View Post
Well we have been back for a little bit. Getting out of the parking lot there is getting worse as the idiots leaving take up both lanes as they don't know that stripes on the road mean that there is more than one lane... Took the trailer and as usual came home empty handed just bought a can of body filler. We walked around 9 miles but still skipped a few areas. The only mustang dealer was obsolete/classic (whatever i just wish they would pick a name) from OKC and they didn't have any structural sheet metal on hand at all. Just a couple body skins.

We enjoy going to the swapmeets but I see the internet taking over for them too. If you are looking for obscure parts its still the place to go but for regular stuff you will end up ordering it online anyway. I would like to take my dad as we used to go every year but he just can't do the 8-10 miles of walking in the heat anymore and I can't see him on an electric cart.

Will probably make a trip to Menards in wichita,KS for insulation for the house (half the price locally saving several 100$) and stop by their store and pick up a few things like front floor supports and stuff.
The mustang dealer from OKC sounds like Melvin Little. He's a pretty good guy however he had a jerk working for him last time I was there. I never went back or dealt with him after that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page