Decatur Swap Meet? - Vintage Mustang Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By 70_Cougar
  • 1 Post By elcam84

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Decatur Swap Meet?

I was curious if anyone has made plans for the Decatur Swap meet this weekend? I have never been but I have been told it is more like what Pate used to be before the move to the race track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 07:03 AM

Garage
No its not like Pate ,Pate is 3 times larger and 4 times over priced .But a great event to go to as ling as its hasn't rained .its all on dirt .
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela66 View Post
No its not like Pate ,Pate is 3 times larger and 4 times over priced .But a great event to go to as ling as its hasn't rained .its all on dirt .

Do you realize that you replied to a question that is almost 4 years old?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 10:26 PM

I haven't been to the Decatur one in years. Its very small and for the most part its pre 1960 parts. Also it's usually a mud fest and the few buildings are darker than a cave but with more crap on the floors than a cave. Its not far from me and I *may* go this year (next year)if its not muddy.
It is nothing like what Pate used to be. It is it's own animal and very different. I rarely ever found anything to buy years ago so I quit going. I will say that the grounds are looking to be much better kept now. I have been by there a bunch lately and they have removed many of the extra nuissance fences and smoothed out allot of the big dips and ditches in the fields.

If you do go don't park in the field on hwy 51 on the south side of the grounds. Go up to the next entrance on the north side and you will park in the back over the bridge in a nice treed area that has some gravel instead of sticky clay.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 08:04 PM

Garage
Old thread? That is just fine and thanks for the good info! I went to the Decatur meet on 2-22-19. There were mud holes but not as bad as I thought I would find. Very good vendor turnout and a good 1/4 the size of Pate. Lots of deals to be had. I give it a Very good rating for a 1 day walkable swap meet. Pate is King but this swap meet was very good especially considering the rainy few days before.
1ofAMillion+ likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:08 PM

We actually went this year. LOML was on a trip but part of her trip fell apart so they did a DFW layover and she came home so she was technically being paid to go to the swapmeet.

And... it has improved vastly. They finally installed lighting in the buildings and painted the inside of some white which helps even more. Unfortunately many of the vendors left friday afternoon but the ground was very solid considering it rained as usual. We went through everything in about 2.5 hours then went to the square for lunch as there is a pretty good BBQ place there with decent prices.

It's maybe 1/5 the size of Pate as Pate has been growing quite a bit in recent years. We usually walk about 7 miles at pate and still miss a good 1/3 of it. I can look at our path on sporttracker to see what we missed.
70_Cougar likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page