Glovebox Radio Mount - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Glovebox Radio Mount

Hello everyone, I am the owner of TMC Customs, LLC. We build custom glovebox radio mounts for various vehicles and recently developed a prototype for the 1964-66 Mustang. I am looking for someone who is good with a camera to install one of our prototypes and take good pictures installed in their car to be posted on our website. Any photographers out there who want a glovebox radio mount? The mounts are powder coated textured black and fit without modification to your vehicle.

You can view the other mounts we produce at our website or in Classic Industries and Ecklers catalogs.

Please visit our website at WWW.TMCCUSTOMS.COM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 09:31 AM

Ok, I'm game. I've got a 65 Mustang. PM me the details.

65 Hardtop, fuel injected 347, Comp XE282HR, AFR 185, Edelbrock RPM II, 70 MM TB, 30LB Injectors, Lightning MAF, T5, Versailles 9 inch, 4 wheel disc brakes, Borgeson PS Swap.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 01:10 PM

Radio? People still use radios?
How does if fit around the flasher switch?
I will suggest if you can modify your mount idea to hold gauges might be as good a seller.
Good Luck

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Redcoupe - PM sent

1ofAMillion+ - You are right, if your engine sounds good enough, you don’t need a radio to hear beautiful music. If you want to listen to some tunes and retain the stock look of your dash, the glovebox is the best way to go. The mount does not affect the light but you may use the power going to the light to power your radio if you choose. I like your idea about using the mount for gauges but there are plenty of options for gauges and I am not sure there is a big enough market for us to mass produce them.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 10:18 PM

Making a mount was actually on my list of things to do. I have a 66, could you PM me?

1966 289 Vintage Burgandy Coupe
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 11:26 PM

Could you develop a model where the stereo was offset from the center so that some glovebox function was still available?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 02:53 AM

I have a 65 fastback, and have always wanted a glovebox mount for a stereo. Even though my car is modified, I like the stock look of the AM radio in the dash and want to keep it without being limited to it.

I would be interested in this product once produced. I would also be happy to be one of the people to help develop the final product.

I have a Nikon D60 and can take 2.4mb pics with a standard and telephoto lens.

Last edited by Jeff351w; 05-26-2014 at 02:56 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 08:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to jvercellino
I fabricated and installed a similar plate for my glove box. It looks as if you thought yours through a bit more than I did. I removed the cardboard glove box and replaced it with the plate. And 1ofAMillion+ is right; you will have to work around the hazard switch on '66s. The '65 had the hazard switch mounted on the bottom of the dash iteself. Happy to help and send pictures if you want. You can contact me via PM at jvercellino at yahoo dot com.

John Vercellino
1965 Arcadian Blue Coupe
Purchased in 1970
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the responses. I have a few PM's out and hope we get a few takers

Bascom-The radio will take up a good amount of your glovebox rendering it mostly useless but our mount sits back a little ways so you can store paperwork and such in front of the radio.

jvercellino-I am concerned about the fitment of the mount with the 66 now that you mention the various placements of the hazard switch. We developed the mount using a replacement dash for what we believe was universal for 64-66 and using a glovebox for a 64-66. If there is something different which could effect this, I would be interested.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

We took a picture using our mockup Mustang dash panel and we now have them for sale on our website and on Ebay. Forum members get a 10% discount on our website by using the code VINTAGEMUSTANG. Thanks everyone.

You can view the picture by clicking the following link:
TMC Customs, LLC

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 08:38 PM

How about 67-68's?

this post was sent from my phone. all mistakes and or eerrors are the fault of that stupid little keyboard.

1968 Coupe - Original Sprint B, J-Code Car

It's not the day you're born or the day you die that matters. It's every day in between.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 06:53 PM
fej

Any revision coming to maintain some useable space in the glove box? I am interested, but I think that you need to horseshoe the face of the mount (say left side from center) and close in one side to allow for paperwork, wheel lock, towel etc. Can't remember right now where the hazard switch is, if there is even one installed in my ex race car 66.

Fej
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 12:38 AM

I think Fej was referring to something like this where you don't give up all the glove box. Storage space is a premium. This is a very simple install in a car I previously owned. That's the IR repeater on top of the unit so it can be operated by remote control with the glove box door closed. An install like this would cost less than $20 and take less than an hour. Simple,cheap & easy, but it won't win any points at the car show.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in