When I did my MDL T5, I went with the MDL 1" back shifter. I also used the Ron Morris motor mounts and pushed it back a slight amount, avoiding cutting up my new floor.
The issue I had was with the bolt diameters. The stock style stick with the sharp lockouts had to be drilled to fit the larger bolts. Without a vise, I went to a local machine shop who did it for free.
This setup only lasted until I first drove it. The arm leans left, and with my new seat pads and my size, it hits my knee in second when I try to brake. I still need to shorten the brake push rod, but still not a good situation. Also, this arm attaches from the right side, which is ideal, but the advantage is lost with the left arm bend.
The other issue I had was the original style knob was too small. At my size, it was lost in the palm of my hand. Comparing it to my 3 speed ball, it is smaller. So I went with a larger from MDL, and went white this time. I also ordered the Lokar shifter which has similar geometry and is round to stick with my current boot, but it has no left bend. I also had smaller holes and needed drilling. It mounted from the left so I lost a half inch there. To make it all work with the recessed bolts, my machinist also trimmed the heads of the bolts to let them fit where the barrel head bolts were designed to go. Lots of work to deal with the MDL shifter using a different mounting bolt. In the end, I am much happier with this setup.
Once I shorten my brake pushrod to closer to stock, I think everything will be perfect.