rpm intake (not air gap) for 408w street car - Page 4 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 2Likes

post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

ok with an air gap and all of my other parts, 770 street aveneger and a custom cam, my buddy (big ricer VW guy) claims there is now way I'll make more power than him. What do you guys think this thing will do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

anyone got a guess on hp?
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:43 PM

You can grab a free desktop dyno program and get some interesting numbers...

Heavy Metal Thunder Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3L_O7N_xs

post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrostang View Post
You can grab a free desktop dyno program and get some interesting numbers...
got a link?
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dads67coupe View Post
anyone got a guess on hp?
Depending on the cam choice 500-530HP at the flexplate. You need a higher stall converter and a bigger carb to get more out of it.

Last edited by cmefly; 01-02-2017 at 06:58 PM.
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmefly View Post
Depending on the cam choice 500-530HP at the flexplate. You need a higher stall converter and a bigger carb to get more out of it.
I am having a custom one ground to wring the most out of it, woody from ford strokers will be getting the job in a couple weeks.

I am more than happy with 500-525 crank
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dads67coupe View Post
More info on your combo?
Not sure of all the details as I took my engine builder a bare block and lots of cash. It was built about 5 years ago and this car sits a lot but from what I remember it was zero deck height 408 stroker forged rotating assy. He went with bare head casting and did all the porting himself, I don't remember the valve sizes but I pulled my cam card (Comp custom grind) gross lift intake .576 exhaust .600 duration at .050 intake 242 and exhaust 248 lobe separation 110, lobe lift intake, .3600 exhaust .3750 Springs furnished by Comp as well. Comp Roller rockers RPM intake and Holley street HP750 All MSD ignition.
Ive only ever run a minimum 93 octane and normally booster on that, can't remember compression ratio.

He did all the port work for free if I paid for the dyne time, we made 7 pulls on it, best was the 545hp and 497 ftlb thats was through Hooker super comp longtubes

Oddly enough this forum is giving me the bug to get this car and make some changes, I'm thinking victor junior or custom Hogan and Holley EFI I'm also going get a customer convertor that matches my combo better.

Hope that answers your question otherwise ask away
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsfunk View Post
Not sure of all the details as I took my engine builder a bare block and lots of cash. It was built about 5 years ago and this car sits a lot but from what I remember it was zero deck height 408 stroker forged rotating assy. He went with bare head casting and did all the porting himself, I don't remember the valve sizes but I pulled my cam card (Comp custom grind) gross lift intake .576 exhaust .600 duration at .050 intake 242 and exhaust 248 lobe separation 110, lobe lift intake, .3600 exhaust .3750 Springs furnished by Comp as well. Comp Roller rockers RPM intake and Holley street HP750 All MSD ignition.
Ive only ever run a minimum 93 octane and normally booster on that, can't remember compression ratio.

He did all the port work for free if I paid for the dyne time, we made 7 pulls on it, best was the 545hp and 497 ftlb thats was through Hooker super comp longtubes

Oddly enough this forum is giving me the bug to get this car and make some changes, I'm thinking victor junior or custom Hogan and Holley EFI I'm also going get a customer convertor that matches my combo better.

Hope that answers your question otherwise ask away
Thats great! about what I am gonna run, other than your carb is a bit better..... good info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page