Antenna hole. What do you use to cover it? - Page 4 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 30Likes

post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 08:10 PM

To be honest, i don't even know where i found the black rubber plug i used. I want to say lowes but most of whats left of my memory says it was something i found in a box in the garage. Normally I woudda left the stock antenna in the hole as I like to keep as much of the original kit that came with the car out of San Jose with the car (not counting power and suspension) but there was a period of time where it was stored outside and the cover wouldnt work over the antenna and stock ones only go so low. My am radio doesnt sound nearly as good as my flowmasters so the antenna went in my box of "Give this stuff to the next owner of the Mustang when I die and you pricks choose not to honor my last request to burry my in my Mustang" stuff.

Sorry...
2nd 66 likes this.

Heavy Metal Thunder Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3L_O7N_xs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrostang View Post
To be honest, i don't even know where i found the black rubber plug i used. I want to say lowes but most of whats left of my memory says it was something i found in a box in the garage. Normally I woudda left the stock antenna in the hole as I like to keep as much of the original kit that came with the car out of San Jose with the car (not counting power and suspension) but there was a period of time where it was stored outside and the cover wouldnt work over the antenna and stock ones only go so low. My am radio doesnt sound nearly as good as my flowmasters so the antenna went in my box of "Give this stuff to the next owner of the Mustang when I die and you pricks choose not to honor my last request to burry my in my Mustang" stuff.

Sorry...
I was hoping you would put a comment. But, thank you though. I too can't remember everything that I've done to this car or to my 68 that I've sold long time ago.

I think I have decided to what to do with it. I'm tackling it when Sacramento weather decides not to be 200F at sundown. Thank you again.

Daily driver money pit.

*Original T code and C4. On the process of a V8 and Toploader swap. SoT coil over front suspension with Arning drop. Mike Maier leaf springs with Bilstein shocks. Mike Maier shock tower brace. 9" rear end with 3.5 and TrueTrac. SoT front and rear disc brakes. No power steering nor power brakes.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2=GT350 View Post
I have seen where people just use a Ford body plug like the ones used in the floorpan area for seat bolt access to plug the hole looks good and inexpensive.
I've searched every drawer at ACE hardware store that would fit. The picture on the first thread is the best I can come up with. I was hoping someone had a 'cleaner' idea other than welding it shut.

Daily driver money pit.

*Original T code and C4. On the process of a V8 and Toploader swap. SoT coil over front suspension with Arning drop. Mike Maier leaf springs with Bilstein shocks. Mike Maier shock tower brace. 9" rear end with 3.5 and TrueTrac. SoT front and rear disc brakes. No power steering nor power brakes.

post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhlange View Post
Unfortunately I am around Sacramento area. I really appreciate the offer.
Oh its only 500 or so miles! Gives you a road trip excuse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page