1968 Clock Fuse - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
1968 Clock Fuse

Is the clock powered by the same fuse that powers the door courtesy lights? Anything else on the courtesy light fuse?

Thanks

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 11:15 PM

Well looking at 67 Ford shop manual, (everyone should own), clock "feed wire" # 22 (blue w/black stripe) shown on another schematic page shows # 22 continuing into DOME 7.5 amp fuse.
So answer is YES...

If you borrow a tool more than twice, you need to own it You get what you pay for!
George email: <[email protected]>
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968Cally View Post
Is the clock powered by the same fuse that powers the door courtesy lights? Anything else on the courtesy light fuse?

Thanks

Dave
Dave

On 1968 the clock is powered thru the 7.5A DOME fuse. This fuse also powers the dome light, interior courtesy light(s),under dash lights, glove box light, and trunk light via circuit 54 (GRN/YEL). At the instrument cluster connector the circuit becomes 22 BLU/BLK for the clock.

Paul

Okay. Engine Stop. ACA out of Detent. Mode Control, both Auto. Descent Engine Command Override, Off. Engine Arm, Off. 413 is in.
-Buzz Aldrin, Apollo 11 LMP
Actual first words from the surface of the moon

Early Fox: 5.0L HO SEFI conversion, 5-speed, 8.8 w/3.27:1 TL, full dual exhaust

1968 coupe - Ordered 12.15.67 Delivered 2.1.68: 8T01T, 65C, 289 conversion, hanger queen

Last edited by Paul1958; 01-25-2018 at 11:25 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks, gentlemen.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 11:31 AM
(actually Slim Jr now)

Your 68 owners manual page 41 fuse location shows fuse 4 circuit has clock and seeveral things. Didn't mean to be snotty.The owners manual has lots of neat info. Fuses , all the lights id/type, maintenance areas and schedule, jacking points, jack storage etc.

My '64 1/2 vert. Ordered May '64. D code 4 speed, handling package, caspian blue, accent group, Ford blue manual top.

'68 vert. driver. Owned since Apr '78. C code AT, AC, PS, P disc B, PT lime gold, standard black interior and top. NOS RF fender and left quarter.New top and folding glass.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim View Post
Your 68 owners manual page 41 fuse location shows fuse 4 circuit has clock and seeveral things. Didn't mean to be snotty.The owners manual has lots of neat info. Fuses , all the lights id/type, maintenance areas and schedule, jacking points, jack storage etc.
No problem. I actually discovered that a couple of hours ago. Thanks
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 11:46 AM

Dave you can see the DOME fuse for the clock in the diagram that I just posted at your map lights thread. The circuit 22 BLU/BLK connects to the circuit 54 GRN/YEL at the connector shown.

Paul

Okay. Engine Stop. ACA out of Detent. Mode Control, both Auto. Descent Engine Command Override, Off. Engine Arm, Off. 413 is in.

1968 coupe - Ordered 12.15.67 Delivered 2.1.68: 8T01T, 65C, 289 conversion, hanger queen
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1958 View Post
Dave you can see the DOME fuse for the clock in the diagram that I just posted at your map lights thread. The circuit 22 BLU/BLK connects to the circuit 54 GRN/YEL at the connector shown.

Paul
Paul, Thanks so much the link to the Average Joe wiring and vacuum diagrams are great. I book mark that page and I will save each diagram to my tech pictures folder. Hopefully, I can use these instead of having to post. But no guarantees!

Dave
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 01:54 PM
Supporting Member

Is the issue the clock doesn't work?
If so - clock has a point (just like the dist.) that gets burned or fouled when the battery runs low...

Two options - replace the point which has to be custom-fixed - not as easy as swapping point on a dizzy
OR
Buy a new one (not too expensive). The new quartz replacements are not sensitive to low battery voltage

Daisy is a 1967 Coupe
Painted Frost Turquoise
Styled Steel Wheels
White Vinyl Roof
Deluxe Interior
WsW Tires

(And that big ol' 390 Engine )

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968Cally View Post
Paul, Thanks so much the link to the Average Joe wiring and vacuum diagrams are great. I book mark that page and I will save each diagram to my tech pictures folder. Hopefully, I can use these instead of having to post. But no guarantees!

Dave
Dave if you need any more wiring help let me know. My 1968 coupe is a hanger queen and is just a rolling shell (and has been for some time) and I have all the wiring harnesses out of the car. My car is fairly plain jane but came with the RPO under hood, under dash, glove box, and trunk lights (but no consoles).

Paul

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Is the issue the clock doesn't work?
If so - clock has a point (just like the dist.) that gets burned or fouled when the battery runs low...

Two options - replace the point which has to be custom-fixed - not as easy as swapping point on a dizzy
OR
Buy a new one (not too expensive). The new quartz replacements are not sensitive to low battery voltage
When I recently bought the car, I knew the courtesy lights did not work, nor the clock. The PO told me it would immediately blow a fuse. So, I have the instrument cluster out and yesterday, and the correct wire was on the clock. So, I put 12 volts to it and big sparks! So, when I was told the clock was on the same fuse as the courtesy lights etc. I put in a new fuse and all the lights are working now. Opened up the clock and plastic pieces are broken off. Ordered (among other things) a new clock last night. Mine was beyond repair.

Thanks.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page