New FITECH EFI Tank - Vintage Mustang Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By sirhk100

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

New FITECH EFI Tank

So i was about to pull the trigger on the standard tanks, inc efi tank with the 255lph pump, when i saw this... Any one with any experience or knowledge on this? looks to be the same basic principal.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/fitech-h...970/p/FTKEFI8/

2012 Boss 302 (Rowdy) - Slowly becoming a track car...not stock
1970 Mustang Sportsroof (Roxy) - 357w roller block, T-5z, Global West Control Arms w/ QA-1's, Vintage Venom Disc Brakes
1966 Mustang Coupe (Rhonda) - 289 2V, PS/PB, Silver Blue

Last edited by cavboy78; 04-08-2018 at 11:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 11:29 PM

Looks to be the same concept. I don't see any way that its better than whats already available and proven.

Its not even on their website yet that I can see.

My .02, pass on this one and get one that has been tried and proven to work well. I have an aeromotive pump in a tanks tank.

-Brett
1968 fastback 351w
1986 Iroc-Z
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

that's what i'm thinking, especially given i can't find if the pump is a walboro, aeromotive, bosch, etc... if it's a new in-house thing, not sure it's worth the risk.

2012 Boss 302 (Rowdy) - Slowly becoming a track car...not stock
1970 Mustang Sportsroof (Roxy) - 357w roller block, T-5z, Global West Control Arms w/ QA-1's, Vintage Venom Disc Brakes
1966 Mustang Coupe (Rhonda) - 289 2V, PS/PB, Silver Blue

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 07:29 PM

wishing I could find a 22 gallon conversion setup for the 67/8 setup with the EFI in tank stuff I'd jump on it in a heartbeat!

Right now I've got my whole EFI system spec'd out and will likely purchase tomorrow or early next week except for the fuel pump stuff. So many options at so many price ranges!

'67 GT Coupe, 302, T5
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
wishing I could find a 22 gallon conversion setup for the 67/8 setup with the EFI in tank stuff I'd jump on it in a heartbeat!

Right now I've got my whole EFI system spec'd out and will likely purchase tomorrow or early next week except for the fuel pump stuff. So many options at so many price ranges!
Just buy an EFI tank for a 69-70 Mustang, then get the conversion filler neck from CJ's.

1969-70 Ford Mustang Fuel Injection Tank

https://www.cjponyparts.com/fuel-fil...-1968/p/FFP12/

-Brett
1968 fastback 351w
1986 Iroc-Z
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

Also the Spectra option. This one is under $300 with free shipping, one left. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...A2F8QH83YSA2LG

Rusty

1965 Coupe, Caspian blue, A code 4 speed. Started project fall 1993, hopefully back on the road Spring 2019!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 10:50 PM

Here's the Fitech tanks on their website: Hyperfuel EFI Tank & Pump Systems ? FiTech Fuel Injection

I found these by searching for their part number 47005. I didn't find a way to navigate to the page from their "Products" page.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 11:42 PM

I like it. Itís lowered where the pump comes out so you could put a small cover over it and not have the lines and that be in way of trunk space, and closer to the edge so less line in the trunk. I have the spectra, but if this was available back when I got it I probably would have gone in this direction.

69 Mach One, 428CJ, 5 Speed, 3.91's.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 12:56 AM
fej

Looks like that might be a Walbro, but could be a knockoff as well for the pump. Curious how the pickup area works and if it is baffled better than the Tanks Inc tank that I have. The angles of the back of the tank could be nice for routing the fuel lines cleaner as well. Someone has to guinea pig it, and I bet somewhere the Chevy guys already have some experience with these based on the offerings. Google may be your friend on that.

Fej

1966 GT Coupe
Not much left original
Trying to do things once
MMI CO / Panhard ~ JRI / Penske ~ Astro A5 ~ FiTech ~ MGW ~ AAW
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 02:29 PM

When I posted this yesterday I didn't realize the 69/70 was basically a direct drop in with just modifying the filler neck. This thread made me start doing more research and I started putting that connection together. I'm now leaning towards piecing an entire setup together from Tanks Inc, or at least running their tank, pump, sending unit and filter. I'll source all the fittings and lines locally.
Boom likes this.

'67 GT Coupe, 302, T5
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 06:47 PM

Iím going to reverse my earlier statement on liking it and reserve judgement for a picture of an actual Mustang tank. The pic they show is generic and looks more like my Chevelle fuel tank, take a look no bolt holes around the perimeter. Itís the only pic FiTech has for any of the tanks they are offer, so Iím guessing the Mustang version will look like the Tanks Inc version with the pump in the center.

69 Mach One, 428CJ, 5 Speed, 3.91's.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 07:14 PM

From my experience in the industry, all of the companies are at SEMA, there's another lesser known show in town that same week that the SEMA badge gets you access too called the appex show or apexx, I don't remember which... But either way, if you go to that show and go to the downstairs level there's TONS AND TONS AND TONS of foreign venders all showing their product. These companies aren't always the most ethical... So say a company develops a tank with the sump and all the good setup and everything. They'll have their foreign vendor make them and depending on their contract/agreement that vendor will show up at this show and other companies will walk the hall and see this new tank on display and then can negotiate a price to simply buy them. So one vendor ends up doing the upfront R&D and then their foreign supplier starts selling them out to anyone and everyone. Or that foreign supplier's cousin's company starts selling them off to everyone to get around the contract with the initial supplier.

And that's why A LOT OF THESE tanks look identical, they're likely coming out of the exact same supplier in Taiwan or China.

'67 GT Coupe, 302, T5
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 07:20 PM

btw, if you ever go to that show. A LOT of the vendors will sell you the parts they have on display for DIRT cheap. If you're sharp and can pick out parts by simply seeing them and not knowing part numbers or using a catalog but can walk down a hallway and pick out parts particular to your make and model you can get some INSANE deals Most of the deals are made on the first day and then you agree to pick them up on the last day of the show cause they're rather not pay to ship them back overseas from here stateside. I know someone that bought a car hoist there for a few hundred bucks. Another friend bought a VERY nice snap on knock off box for $150. I bought a decent air compressor there for a friend for under $100. LOL Those LED light bars that are really popular on trucks are crazy cheap! LOL

'67 GT Coupe, 302, T5
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 07:45 PM

The price is comparable with a Tanks Inc setup. I just notice that Tanks Inc has a
Floatless Fuel Sending Unit. Might be more accurate than the float sending units.

1969 Mustang Convertible
302, C4, P/S, P/B, A/C, FiTech EFI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page